Search results

1. Tesgora

Archaeology of the Battle of the Bulge

An academic article (free access) on the use of light detection and ranging (LiDAR) to discover remaining material traces of the combat around St. Vith during the Battle of the Bulge...
  2. Tesgora

HazMo 18 Sophoclean Tragedy, seeking clarification to scenario parameter 3

I am seeking a clarification to the scenario parameter 3 for HazMo18 (Sophoclean Tragedy). The scenario parameter 3 refers to the 'Republican player' instead of the 'ELAS player'. Is this a typo or was this parameter imported by error from a Spanish Civil War scenario? I didn't find an answer in...
  3. Tesgora

Trivia about Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #14 cover

I don’t know how many ASL players noticed it; but the image on the front cover of the Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #14 shows something that ASL rules (without creating a specific SSR permitting it) would not allow you to do: having riders on a Soviet T-60 AFV, which according to the Russia...
  4. Tesgora

Any info on upcoming HazMo 4 scenario pack?

Can anyone share information on the upcoming HazMo 4 scenario pack? There is reference to such a scenario pack on ASL Scenario Archive (https://www.aslscenarioarchive.com/viewPub.php?id=2320 ) but nothing on the Hazardous Movement website: https://www.hazardousmovement.com/.
  5. Tesgora

Who are the Free French in ASL?

The question in the title and my attempt at an answer below were prompted by the scenario J205 ‘Goats to Lure the Tiger’ (published in ASL Journal Issue 13). In this scenario the French side is fighting the Axis in Tunisia in January 1943. The French side is represented by Free French infantry...
  6. Tesgora

Rat Pocket Charts v3 errata

I thought starting a thread for the Rat Pocket Charts v3 errata. For instance, I noticed on chart p.22 for C3.9 Location of vehicular hit that both the Turret and Hull hits show the equal sign. In reality only the Hull Hit should, as the C3.9 rule is Turret/upper structure hit when the colored...
  7. Tesgora

Clarification of VCs for WO28 Dean's Defiance

I am seeking a clarification with regard to the victory conditions in WO28 (Dean’s Defiance). The VCs read as follows: “The North Koreans win at game end by exiting ≥60 Exit VP [EXC: prisoners do not count double] off the south edge. The North Korean Exit VP total is reduced by 2 for every...
  8. Tesgora

A-T Set DC detonation on a road question (G1.6121)

Situation: As per G1.6121 an A-T Set DC has been set up HIP by the Japanese player in an unpaved road location. The Japanese player will attempt to detonate the A-T Set DC as an Allied vehicle enters the road hex. The Allied vehicle enters the road hex where the HIP A-T Set DC is located. The...
  9. Tesgora

Is a roadblock allowed on a a bridge?

Is a roadblock allowed on a bridge (i.e., a bridge connecting two road hexes)? B29.1 only explicitly mentions the placement of roadblocks in a road or runway location. However, B6.1 says that bridges usable by vehicles ‘are considered an extension of that road’. But, B6.1 does not explicitly...
  10. Tesgora

W026 Phoenix Rising Japanese set-up clarification sought

I am seeking a clarification on the Japanese set-up in WO26 Phoenix Rising. The situation is the following: PTO is not in effect. But according to the ASL rulebook the Japanese should have some of their infantry force HIP (G1.631), they also have guns and fortifications that should allow...
  11. Tesgora

Books on Dutch WWII equipment

Folks, For those interested in more arcane material, the two following volumes detail the equipment of the Dutch forces early in WWII. Authors: Jan Giesbers, Rob Tas, Antal Giesbers Holland Paraat! 1. It covers the equipment of the Dutch Field Army minus the armour Holland Paraat! 2. It covers...
  12. Tesgora

PSW M35 (aka ADZ) in PiF, request for additional info

Here is a request for information for the WWII AFV aficionado out there, including the BFP team who introduced the PSW M35 / ADZ armored car to ASL (PiF German vehicle note 6) and Scenario BFP-106 (Going Postal). In PiF the PSW M35 is represented as radio-equipped, the PiF German vehicle note 6...