Search results

1. Heldenkaiser

EA Heldenkaiser (Allies) vs. Telumar (Axis)

Re: Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 Yeah. I'm sort of the IL type. :(
  2. Heldenkaiser

Allied Turn 167 / 6th September 1942 Come to think of it, I wonder if those evaporations are due to the pocket being out of supply? Would make sense, but it means it will be gone in a couple of turns. Especially since I can't repair the front, as more units evaporate trying to withdraw. It's...
  3. Heldenkaiser

Axis Turn 167 / 6th September 1942 Fairly bad. Stalingrad falls and Axis troops cross the Volga. In the large pocket, the front is broken in several places, and oddly most troops evaporate rather than retreat, even though they have a valid retreat hex. Stupid under any circumstances, but...
  4. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 After an enjoyable vacation spent roughly in EA hex 54,69 (I am missing a 6,000-footer here though), your faithful war correspondent hopes to resume his report soon. What happened to the board? :O
  5. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942 No offense to anybody of course. I mean only those cowardly sitting-on-their-you-know-what-doing-nothing EA Americans. :)
  6. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942 While we're at it, there's also "bleeding" and "blooming" Americans. :D
  7. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 Try "blasted". :D
  8. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 You're welcome, guys. Nice to know you're listening to my ramblings. :D
  9. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942 Why are the thumbnails suddenly smaller?
  10. Heldenkaiser

Allied Turn 166 / 30th August 1942 Hm. Guess I managed yet again to make it worse. Trying to relieve the stack cut off NW of Kalach on the Don I inadvertently wasted one more and entirely fresh unit that will undoubtedly become cut off next turn because it advanced into the taken hex while...
  11. Heldenkaiser

Axis Turn 166 / 30th August 1942 Not too bad, but my entire garrison was pushed out of Stalingrad in the last combat round in the Axis turn. That was one huge garrison unit, a tank corps and an entirely fresh mech corps. I can re-garrison the city this turn, but if this happens again next turn...
  12. Heldenkaiser

Allied Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 Stabilizing the huge pocket; Axis are leaving it rather alone, which means I can rescue some units almost cut off in the SW corner and even expand it towards NE to reestablish a connection with some rather valuable routed units which may this way end up in the...
  13. Heldenkaiser

Re: Allied Turn 164 / 16th August 1942 Yes, we have that agreement. I thought it was in the scenario briefing, but it isn't.
  14. Heldenkaiser

Re: Allied Turn 164 / 16th August 1942 BTW, at 155,105 (hex W of Astrakhan)--is this a bridge that can be blown under the rules for this scenario? Just because I believe Stefan bombed it and I am in a hell of a fix with a badly overstacked hex W of that bridge or not-bridge.
  15. Heldenkaiser

Axis Turn 165 / 23rd August 1942 Not too bad. Axis are compressing the kessel, but not by much, pressing northwards on the right bank of the upper Don (towards Voronesh), but not much, fail to take Stalingrad, and fail to really cut off the Terek pocket except for the delaying forces in the...
  16. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942 Yes. In the short run I am mostly concerned with the immediate loss of these units for my lengthening front line. It all depends on how much of an obstacle the lower Volga marshes will prove for the Hypergermans. If they are hard to cross, I may be fine...
  17. Heldenkaiser

Ea 2012

Good thing I never even look at the equipment. Guess I'd be even more scared ... :O
  18. Heldenkaiser

Re: Axis Turn 163 / 9th August 1942 A major city? It's a barren featureless desert out there I am afraid ... :( It was not my choice to have them end up surrounded any more than it was Paulus' to hedgehog in Stalingrad. They just didn't make it. Short of breaking into a general rout that...
  19. Heldenkaiser

Re: Allied Turn 162 / 2nd August 1942 As one of the major goofs of this war (and there were many) I just managed to send Stefan the map sketch just posted here instead of the turn. :(
  20. Heldenkaiser

Allied Turn 164 / 16th August 1942 Willy-nilly I have decided to accept the huge pocket, for so many units along the lower Don were routed that I could not keep a corridor open without sacrificing the chance to take out the cut-off German airborne and mountain division and reinforce Stalingrad...