Search results

1. _Fury_

Questions on Motorcycles

Hi All, 1. Can an SMC mount a motorcycle in advance phase? 2. How may MP can a wounded SMC use on a motorcycle (28mp)? How about if he has to spend 1mf to mount first? Thanks!
  2. _Fury_

Ambush and Sequential CC

Hi All, Infantry advances into a location already by-pass-sleazed by a friendly AFV. Amazingly, the attacker (vehicle side) achieves ambush. Am I right in assuming that the attacker now resolves all attacks before the defender and sequential CC is out the window? That is, A11.32...
  3. _Fury_

IFT mod for Fire at Woods Road Hex

Hi All, Motorcycle+Squad moves along woods road using road movement rate. It is fired on by small arms, but not along the road depiction. Should the net IFT mod be 0 (-1 motorcycle, +1 woods)? Or is the woods TEM nullified by the EXC in B13.31 (last line) with a net mod of -1? Thanks!
  4. _Fury_

Woods Entry Cost

Hi All, Infantry moves from IN DD5 stream, bypassing EE5 (2 mf), then enters EE4. I believe this is woods, and hence would be another 2mf (4 mf total) at that point, correct, since movement is not along a road, even with the obvious clearing? Thanks! Image is from board 72.
  5. _Fury_

DTF Special Rules Question

Hi All, Playing DTF-2 Blitzkrieg!. Per DTF special rules SW may setup HIP but are revealed if fired/placed/thrown, dropped, transferred or possessing unit no longer good order. Can I dm such weapons without revealing them? How about if out of enemy LOS? If so, do I need to show the hex...
  6. _Fury_

Gun CA Change on Recovery/Capture

Hi all, Unpossessed AT gun is in a hex with enemy troops. During rally, an enemy squad recovers/captures this gun. Can the CA of this newly captured weapon now be set to a new direction as a consequence immediately during rally? My opponent claims so, but I cannot find a rule reference...
  7. _Fury_

Bypass Freeze with a Truck?

Hi All, I'm under the impression that an unarmored, unarmed truck cannot be used to freeze infantry in woods (per A7.212). Since the truck just has an inherent driver one cannot attack with TPBF (i.e. not PRC for A7.211), and this combined with unarmored & unarmed yields the exception to...
  8. _Fury_

FB Campaign Refit for Gun/Crews

Hi All, Playing Festung Budapest campaign 2 as Russians. Several scenarios in all my artillery crews have been killed, but I still retain most of the guns. Is there anyway to buy more crews? I did not see this possibility in the RG choices (other than buying cheap aa guns or something)...
  9. _Fury_

Infantry OVR Question

Hi All, 8-0 leader alone in a building, with no SW. Enemy MMC declares infantry OVR and passes its TC. On SMC options (A4.151) option 1 is fire, and remain in place and accept CC during movement (after all DFF). Since the 8-0 has no weapon, may it still stay and accept CC, or must it be...
  10. _Fury_

Drifting Smoke in Factories

Hi All, Please consult the following diagram. Building is an L2.5 factory with rooftops in play. Mild breeze as shown. It's AFPh now and time to drift smoke. The situation is now like below just before smoke drift. Scenario is BFP84 from CoS. Does the factory or the internal walls...
  11. _Fury_

SFF and Area Fire

Hi All, Quick question about SFF my opponent and I are discussing in a current pbem game. Situation: Enemy unit moves ADJACENT to stack: 9-1, 6fp hmg and 457 squad. They fire, and mg keeps rate. Later, another enemy unit enters the same ADJACENT hex, and survives the residual. The...
  12. _Fury_

Fire from rooftop to Factory floor

Hi All, Unit on a stone factory rooftop (L2.5) fires IFP within same hex to factory floor. This is PBF and what is the TEM? 0, +1 or +3? Thanks!
  13. _Fury_

Partial Woods as Rout Target

Hi All, In the following water is NA and is replaced by open ground. Is FF7 a valid (woods) rout target for the unit routing from GG8? Thanks!
  14. _Fury_

Prisoner Morale Checks

Hi All, Playing PBEM. IFT fire at a stack with 2 prisoner units and a guard causes a NMC. Each prisoner unit passes, rolling both the attacker's san, and the defender's san. Which SAN should be honored -- that is, who rolls the dice for prisoner MC's? Is there actually a rule saying who...
  15. _Fury_

Change VCA in DF with no target

Can an afv pivot VCA if unmarked in final fire? Is there a rules ref -- thanks!
  16. _Fury_

Festung Budapest SCPP Question

Hi All, Playing CGII, going into 3rd day -- Jan 21. I have a question about the interaction between CGII.1 (halving CPP) and the T34/85 withdrawals (17.6073). My understanding, is that it is only the result of the roll on the SCPP replenishment table (17.6162) that is halved and not the...
  17. _Fury_

On Specific Board Requirement

Hi All, A victory requirement is for an MMC to be on board 11 and within 3 hexes of a location. Is an MMC on a board 11/board 17 shared half hex, within 3 hexes satisfactory for this purpose? (This is for trying to meet requirements of SSR3 of J74 Preist on the Line, if interested). Thanks!
  18. _Fury_

Shallow Stream Transformation

Hi All, I am setting up BFP-135: No Shortage of Determination. One of the SSR's states "All water obstacles [EXC: Ponds] are shallow streams.". See the diagram below from map BFP-O. My question is about DD6, EE7, FF6 and friends. Are these shallow stream hexes? How does the woods in...
  19. _Fury_

Routing as Stack Required?

Hi All, Let's say I have 2 broken units in a building under DM. Must they rout together, or may they individually take different rout paths to different legal target locations? May one unit stay in place if not otherwise forced to rout, while they 2nd unit routs? Thanks -- could not find...
  20. _Fury_

FB Campaign II Initial Scenario Question

Hi All, Looking at CG Scenario II as Russians, initial scenario. Rule for units purchased with initial GCPP allotment : II.8 Units purchased with these GCPP may only enter on/after Turn 2. Does this also mean that any OBA initially purchased with off-board observer may not fire until...