Search results

1. BraveDave

HIP Sleaze

In part A12.14 says “...The owning player can voluntarily remove any concealment at any time during his or his opponent's Player Turn [EXC: between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated]...” In part A12.32 says “...A hidden unit may...
  2. BraveDave

WaR 21 - Hill 510 Must be Taken

SSR 5 says that the American player must set up a certain number of its tanks as dug-in (D9.54). D9.5 says that its' armament is determined by SSR. Since this tank has an AAMG as well as a CMG and absent any statement to the contrary, I would understand this to mean both MGs are useable in the...
  3. BraveDave

WaR 19 - Montgomery Attacks German Setup

The German sets up on or south of hexrow 39R8-10aD0. These two coordinates do not connect to form a hexrow. Do you mean 39R8-39V8-10aD0 or 39R8-10aD12-10aD0?
  4. BraveDave

Trail break through a mined building hex.

Can a vehicle use an existing trail break through a building hex that contains mines to bypass the building without being attacked by the mines?
  5. BraveDave

AP2 - Storm of Steel (The B-IV)

SSR 5 of this scenario says that a B-IV mine clearance vehicle follows all rules of German vehicle Note 93 with certain exceptions. One being that it has an inherent driver and not a controller. After googling this vehicle it looks similar to a British carrier and the driver is always CE and...
  6. BraveDave

PBF and ADJACENT

A.8 ADJACENT:... Locations (and the units in them) are considered "ADJACENT" only if there is a LOS (excluding SMOKE Hindrance DRM and NVR—E1.101) between the two Locations and a player could conceivably move a hypothetical Infantry unit from that Location into the adjacent Location in question...
  7. BraveDave

STW 5 - Securing the Steelworks

Are hexes H5 and I4 considered south of the road G4-L6-AA9-EE10 or on it? Are hexes H3 and L3 considered north of the road G4-H4-I2-K3-N4-Q4 or on it?
  8. BraveDave

Pillbox Ambush

Per Perry Q&A: "A9.4 & B30.7 - Situation is German HMG (7FP) and German MMG (5FP) firing at > 16 range at an infantry target in a pillbox for a base total of 12FP. Are MG attacks vs unbroken, non-overstacked, good order infantry in a PB at > 16 range halved for concealment, i.e., is the FP of...
  9. BraveDave

Thrown DC at AFV

Read the following Q&A: A23.5, C7.346, & D0.8 - An AFV is in Melee with one of my HS. The HS is held in melee, but not the AFV and it can't fire oustside his hex for now. In my movement phase, I move a leader with a DC and I successfully place it on the AFV. Assuming the placement DR is ok...
  10. BraveDave

VOTG Terrain Identification

Is the terrain in hex I29 of the VOTG map debris?
  11. BraveDave

Set DC vs AFV

How does a Set DC affect an AFV, like a 36 factor AP mine without the -3 TEM?
  12. BraveDave

Passenger Survival

A DUKW with an 8-0 and two 648 passengers is attacked at PB by a 447+HMG. The IFT DR is a double three, lowering the attack to 16FP. The attack destroys the truck, but all three passengers survive. At this point they all took 2MCs, but after rereading A7.308, I think this was a mistake and they...
  13. BraveDave

AP179 - Gary Owen American OB

The American OB in this scenario includes a RCL, which requires a crew to fire without penalty. There are two crews assigned to the Ami, but each is required to man a HMG. There is also a 2d line HS in the OB which I suspect should have been a crew to man the RCL. I have not been able to locate...
  14. BraveDave

RB Trenches and Detections

Q&A B30.8, SSR RB6, & SSR RF6 - B30.8 states "A bunker is treated as a pillbox in all respects except that a unit may move/rout/advance/Withdraw-from-CC between a bunker and such a trench as if the bunker were also a trench". SSR RB6 references B30.8 for trenches connecting to RB buildings and...
  15. BraveDave

Bog Check Exiting Factory

23.742 MF/MP:...A fully-tracked AFV already within a Factory hex may move inside the same building at one-fourth (FRU) of its MP allotment per hex but must take a Bog Check with a +1 Factory DRM in each such hex entered, and to exit the building must pay normal building entrance costs (23.41)...
  16. BraveDave

Bracketing

C6.52 BRACKETING: Acquisition DRM gained on one target/Target-Type can be transferred to another target/Target-Type when the firer announces a shot at-that-new-target/using-that-new-Target-Type, provided the target Location (or hex, if using the Area Target Type) remains the same during the...
  17. BraveDave

Minefield Attack

“A12.15 DETECTION: Concealment can also be lost due to attempted enemy movement (not advance) into a concealed unit's Location...The MF expended in attempting to move into the concealed unit's Location are still used, but are considered expended in the Location it is returned to;..., a Unit...
  18. BraveDave

Cloaking in RB CG

I am playing a RB campaign game and have purchased reserve units setup in factories. The rules say that “...Each Cloaked Reserve unit/stack must remain Cloaked—and may conduct no action whatsoever—until an enemy ground unit is within three hexes (or enemy Air Support [SSR RF9] is within one hex)...
  19. BraveDave

Steelworks Bangalore Torpedoes

StW7.4 says that the TEM of a Wire/Minefield hex is applied to the attack of a BT when attempting to clear it. This appears logical where a unit would actually move through the TEM of the hex such as debris or woods. However, mines in a building hex would only attack in the open ground...
  20. BraveDave

Steelworks - Bangalore Torpedos

Per StW 7.4 a BT will attack any units in a wire/minefield location in which it is placed. Can a BT be used to attack infantry units in other than a wire/minefield location like a DC?