Search results

1. Ray Woloszyn

Bitter Ender ASL Tournament April 18, 2024 through Sunday April 21, 2024

Information file attached. Here is the hotel booking link for the event. https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1705693071948&key=GRP&app=resvlink
  2. Ray Woloszyn

Bitter Ender 2024 (Good News)

There was a concern about holding the Bitter Ender in 2024 due to the Ramada Inn, home for most of the past Bitter Enders, being demolished or converted to meet the needs of NC State on whose territory it is currently situated. Our scout has found a suitable venue in Cary, just down the road...
  3. Ray Woloszyn

IMPORTANT! Bitter Ender hotel discount group code change for booking.

GCBITTEREND23 is now the booking code for booking a room at the Ramada Inn in Raleigh, NC. Where: Ramada Raleigh Blue Ridge, 1520 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27607. Contact the hotel directly for reservations under the function name: “GCBITTEREND23” Phone: 1-919-832-4100 Fax: 1-919-826-1796...
  4. Ray Woloszyn

Unhorsed [J207]

Looked real tough going up against SS with Americans in bocage country and entering from off board. However, some of the Americans could move up concealed. I led off CX-ing and trying for some smoke which did not happen. I left enough tempting targets so that Dave Stephens did not skulk...
  5. Ray Woloszyn

Bitter Ender 2023 April 13th-16th

Attached is the information for our long running tournament in NC. We look forward to seeing you once again this April.
  6. Ray Woloszyn

Down by the River [J202]

Hot off the press and into my hands came this J13 scenario by Michael Koch, TD of the German Grenadier tournament. Again, my go-to opponent was David Stephens for our almost weekly match whose cumulative ASL gaming goes back to 1986. Problem is that our almost identical ages have caught up...
  7. Ray Woloszyn

Missing at ASLOK

Deluxe ASL is a map-and-scenario pack (lightweight boards) I recently noticed that I left this behind at ASLOK as it was not with the rest of my gear when I packed to leave on Friday night. A number of people used my spot so I am hoping someone might have inadvertently picked up this box...
  8. Ray Woloszyn

Ambush Withdrawal (again)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did search and couldn't find anything in the threads on this particular aspect of ambush withdrawal. Two questions: Would the withdrawing squad be CX if it had to expend MF that would normally cause the unit to be CX or is this withdrawal not...
  9. Ray Woloszyn

Roadblock on the border of a board that the defender is not allowed to set up on

Referring specifically to /t-0Patchers where a road can be blocked at the border of the two boards, only one of which the defender may set up on. My take is that it would be legal given you place the majority of the roadblock counter on the allowable board.
  10. Ray Woloszyn

Reminiscing about ASLOK

As this event looms closer I have to note memorable moments from my years of attendance. Showing up in Youngstown (ASLOK I) with my buddy from NC and being asked, "who are you guys?" Weisbart's "Hitler's jig" after an obvious hard-won victory. Pleva's culinary review of Captain Taco. Fire...
  11. Ray Woloszyn

FT INOR12

Played this yesterday winning as the French when the Germans failed to take back any buildings during his last turn ending the game a half turn early. I wanted smoke to move against southern part of Inor but got a red card instead. OBA was only one turn as I drew a second red card on turn...
  12. Ray Woloszyn

Shocked Carrier Crews - "Unbreakable" (like Bruce Willis)

Played a scenario where a carrier crew/passenger was shocked. It seemed that short of now destroying the carrier there is no way to further harm the shocked crew/passenger as my reading of the rules prohibits further MC's and even a KIA against the currently shocked crew/passenger. Am I...
  13. Ray Woloszyn

Heroic Modifier and Berserker with the hero not being in the same hex.

It is clear the heroic modifier can help the Berserkers while stacked with them but if the hero is not in the same hex and the rules state that Berserkers can not form multi-location fire groups, would the heroic modifier still apply?
  14. Ray Woloszyn

Is an entrenchment a quasi- in hex bunker?

Playing a scenario last night where the occupants of a Pill Box need to get out in order direct fire to the rear of the PB. In the hex I place an entrenchment for that eventuality. I assume I can leave the PB directly into the entrenchment or must I spend one MF to move out of the PB and...
  15. Ray Woloszyn

Spreading Fire from a Blazing Wreck in Bypass to the in hex Building

I assume that the Spreading Fire DRM would be affected by a -2 as the blazing wreck, although in bypass in the building hex, is not directly attached. Comments?
  16. Ray Woloszyn

Onboard Smoke Drift

A +3 Smoke is on the board at the start of a player turn. Mild breeze is rolled. Does Smoke now drift or only at the beginning of the Advance Phase. The rule is a bit funny as I think it also refers to a drift of onboard fires which would drift at the beginning of the game after the...
  17. Ray Woloszyn

DB155 Fury On the Logging Trail from Dispatches

I am sure the Japanese do not enter on P6 but rather A6 since in the commentary from Vic Provost they are pushing "south." Anyone else notice this error. I want to play this tomorrow and it would be nice to get a confirmation. [The fight in the Jungle as the Japanese push south will...
  18. Ray Woloszyn

Broken Passengers

Did a check of this forum but could not find an answer to the following questions: 1) Is a non-DM'ed broken passenger put under DM if the truck is in normal range of an enemy unit that would otherwise DM a non-passenger broken unit? 2) If you decide to stay in a truck in as a broken unit and...
  19. Ray Woloszyn

Broken units in Minefield hex

A broken unit routs from a minefield but gets a pin result on the way out. Per MY reading of the rules, the broken unit continues his rout. What Q&A or rule would apply if this is not the case?
  20. Ray Woloszyn

Dropping HIP status before sniper activation or placement roll

Sniper possibility is rolled. Due to HIP, many units are not on board. At what point can you put units on the board to lessen the chance a valuable non-HIP unit will be affected?