Search results

1. Darren Kovacs

CASLO XXVII in 2023

Looks like fun was had by all! Congrats Blake! I don't think I've seen finer looking gentlemen for the ceremony pictures from any tournament (past or present). Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. Just my opinion. Darren
  2. Darren Kovacs

The Canadian ASL Open in 2022

Blake is usually my sparring partner 😁. He played a great game with me and came out in the end. The honor of trying to take out Pleva! But not able to accomplish the final glorious task; next time Blake.
  3. Darren Kovacs

Valor of the Guards Q&A

I believe the intention is that you can't have units (MMC) do any kindling but that any burnable terrain can be "started on fire" or "kindled" via other destructive methods. Example: OBA, FT, etc. Darren
  4. Darren Kovacs

2021 Canadian ASL Open

Chris, I did not get explicitly get into it what the Virtual tournament rules should spell out. As per my response, what I did mean to say is the round starts at 0900h CST and ends at 2300h CST. The window is based on CST or Winnipeg time. It is expected the matches will be complete within...
  5. Darren Kovacs

2021 Canadian ASL Open

Not sure if you have been answered yet, but here goes. Rounds 4 and 5 of the main tournament will be expected to be played between 0900h and 2300h CST. The same will apply for the 3-day mini tournaments (May 21 to 23). CASLA website has been updated to reflect this...
  6. Darren Kovacs

vAlbany for 2020

Way to go JR Tracy! Respects to all! I'm sure good job Steve as usual. Stay safe. Darren
  7. Darren Kovacs

Red Oktober empty pocket control question

@jyoung , thanks for your reply and discussion. I thought the hive mind would jump all over this one. ?
  8. Darren Kovacs

Thanks for responding, The hexes in question also cannot draw a line of hexes to their friendly mapboard entry hexes either. The area in question in not within the German Perimeter. 11.6058 If the process of expanding a Pocket adds a friendly map-edge hex to a Pocket, that section of the...
  9. Darren Kovacs

Wanted to ask the hive about a empty pocket control issue that has come up in our team campaign playing for Red Oktober. The VASL picture is a representation of the situation not the exact situation. The Russian perimeter does in actuality extend West along the South map edge and also...
  10. Darren Kovacs

CASLO XXIV - Fredericton NB 15 - 17 May

Thanks David Garvin for organizing a great online tournament! Had to settle with Plan B, winning the Boxcars Award instead of the tournament proper. ? Had great fun and some great games. Congrats to Carl Nogueira for taking the title this year! Glad I had a chance to play him for the title...
  11. Darren Kovacs

Canadian Advanced Squad Leader Open XXIII

Will digital copies be available for the scenario list? If so, expected date? Thanks, Darren
  12. Darren Kovacs

Valor of the Guards Q&A

Russian Night Cloaking set up (Concealment vs Non-Concealment) Can Russian cloaked units set up in Non-Concealment terrain during Night (as ATTACKER)? This question just popped up in my head during my German set up for night. Actually a whole series of questions popped up despite playing...
  13. Darren Kovacs

Losing HIP status to perform concealment loss activities out of LOS of enemy units

To perform the listed activity, they must not be HIP. ....Perry MMP This is the answer to the question I posed regarding HIP units performing concealment loss activities out of LOS with a clarification to a Perry Sez Q&A for A12.31-.32. Question and reference Perry Sez below: For...
  14. Darren Kovacs

CASLO XXII

I had great fun at CASLO this year! Thanks to the tournament staff: Eldon, Steffen, Paul Suderman, and Ron. Maybe the turnout wasn't as big as would be hoped for but I think the best bunch of guys from Canada came out to spend a weekend together playing the game we love. : ) Victory certainly...
  15. Darren Kovacs

Wounded leader MF bonus for seperate MMC activities?

Thanks for the response. I wasn't sure how to interpret the move as a combined stack but having to spend the same MF makes sense. Darren
  16. Darren Kovacs

AFV VCA change in building - Possible cellar collapse?

Thanks for the quick reply.
  17. Darren Kovacs

I wasn't successful in doing a search of the forum for this issue. Only thing I came up was a thread from way back that erroneously (I guessed) said the cellar collapse could occur on both entry and VCA change (with no rule support citing). Darren
  18. Darren Kovacs

Does the Bog Check DR for a AFV VCA change within a building also entail the possible cellar collapse as with the entry Bog DR? B23.41 (Cellars) only talks about the entry of the building Bog DR. Darren
  19. Darren Kovacs

E1.43 Loss of Cloaking - Making an attack

1.43 LOSS: Cloaked status is lost, and replaced by its unconcealed actual contents (if any), for any situation that would cause one or more of its units to lose concealment at night (1.31; 1.72), and for making any attack other than a successful Ambush. Once removed, Cloaking counters cannot be...
  20. Darren Kovacs

Valor of the Guards Q&A

Recon - Dummy counters 12.6265 RECON INSPECTION - for this rule would any reconnoitered location containing dummy counters "?" be eliminated? It does not specifically spell that out nor does it in Red Barricades as a reference. On the other hand, KGP does specifically mentions that dummy...