Search results

1. James Taylor

D-Day Over Normandy - Film Sponsored By MMP

I just wanted to give a shout-out to MMP for their support of the film D-Day Over Normandy. Excellent film and I was thrilled to see Brian Youse called out in the credits with a Thank You, and MMP's logo showing up (in a giant font no less) at the end. Maybe this is old news--- but it wasn't...
  2. James Taylor

Snake-eyes on self-rally or rally, guarranteed rally?

This came up in a game tonight, and it was stated that "they changed that--- its on gamesquad." A broken Chinese vehicle crew (1-2-6, 5 broken morale) with self-rally capability under DM attempts self-rally on the opponent's turn. A 1,1 is rolled. My understanding is that crews are not...
  3. James Taylor

Is Inherent Terrain "directly attached"?

See the attached picture. Is the burning rubble "directly attached" to the orchard hex and therefore the -2 flame spread DRM does not apply? Thanks ahead of time, JT
  4. James Taylor

Mud & Smoke?

So.... I have always played that when E3.6 Mud is in effect there can be no ordnance SMOKE.... but was reviewing the rules today and was wondering if maybe I had missed a bit of subtlety in this rule. A24.6 WEATHER: SMOKE has no effect where vision is already Hindered by fog (E3.31). SMOKE is...
  5. James Taylor

DASL Board h - Which buildings are stone, (if any)?

Trying to play "The Good Shepard". Which of the buildings on this board are stone, (if any)? If anyone is aware of clarification of these, please post... F1 ? G1 ? L4 ? Thanks ahead of time, JT
  6. James Taylor

Thrown Demo: Affect of concealment on FP in thrower's location

Some questions about Thrown DC. A23.1 says that DC FP is modified by concealment. 23.1 A DC is a SW which explodes in the target Location with 30 FP factors on the IFT [EXC: Set DC; 23.7]. It is not subject to FP modification for PBF/TPBF, use in the AFPh, or for any form of Area Fire other...
  7. James Taylor

RB Trench & Building Connection for a Bunker?

This is the situation. The squad/HMG & 9-1 are IN the PB. They want to move from the PB to the building C42 "in one move", i.e. without first stopping in the Trench in D42. Because the PB is a bunker, can this be done directly, thereby avoid DFF in D42? Thanks, JT
  8. James Taylor

ROAR Website Not Responding....

Starting this just in case JRV doesn't know yet.... JT
  9. James Taylor

WA Questions

Consider this image below: The concealed US units with WA want to AM to Z7. Can they retain WA when they move from Y7 to Z7? Or, in the moment when they exit Y7, but before they enter Z7 can the Panther 'steal' WA because no other units have it? Now consider this image...
  10. James Taylor

Cliff vertex: LOS block or not?

See the attached image. Is the LOS from N3 to R6 blocked by O5? The rule says: B11.2 The serrated edge of a cliff is no more of an obstacle to LOS traced along that hexside than the elevation level it separates from the higher hill hex. For LOS purposes, the black art depiction of a...
  11. James Taylor

A9.4 Mandatory Fire Direction vs B30.7 Concealment (in Pillbox)

Situation is German HMG (7FP) and German MMG (5FP) firing at >16 range at an infantry target in a pillbox for a base total of 12FP. A9.4 says: ...moreover, MG attacks vs unconcealed Infantry at a range ≥ 17 hexes treat those Infantry as concealed unless they are...
  12. James Taylor

AFV Inherent Driver - Eligble Sniper Target, Stun/Recall, etc.?

This came up in a playtest Josh Seamon and I are doing: An AFV (SPW251/2) has had its crew abandon and take the armament with it. Per vehicle note 59 this leaves it wth an Inherent Driver. D5.1 describes Inherent Driver: D5.1 All armed vehicles are manned by an Inherent crew which is...
  13. James Taylor

Mist and Buildings

For some reason its been in my mind that mist does not apply when the LOS stays entirely within a building depiction. But I've been unable to locate such in the rules. Am I making up rules again? :hush: JT
  14. James Taylor

Recalled AFV + Radioless + Mechanical Reliablity

Had this occur in Huieshan Docks: A Chinese vehicle is Recalled due to STUN. The vehicle is radioess, and has a red MP factor. There are no other vehicles adjacent to form a Platoon with. Does the vehicle need to make a NTC to break off and move independently? Since it has red MP...
  15. James Taylor

Any ASLers going to be at GenCon this year?

Last year I managed to hook up with Ben Richardson for a great game of ASL in the open gaming area. Just wondering if any ASLers are planning on making the trip as I will be there again with the family. PM if you interested in connecting and maybe playing a game. JT
  16. James Taylor

Unloading SW from a vehicle + portage costs

Posting here for posterity... JT
  17. James Taylor

B28.531 Daisy Chains

By my reading a vehicle that drives through a daisy chain hex creates a trail break when passing through. Is that correct? If a trail break is created...and I subsequently recover the daisy chain, and then place it again when another vehicle drives through that hex, should the trail break...
  18. James Taylor

The Dash / Street Fighting Questions From Albany 2009

I looked for the thread that contained the questions about when a Dash or Street fighting was legal that came up at the New York State ASL Championships last December, but couldn't find it. IIRC, there was not a "clearly clear" answer regarding whether a road location in which the road ended...
  19. James Taylor

Hitler's Samurai

Hitler's Samurai includes an SSR that says, "Any Russian Barrage (E12.1) must use a North-South hex grain alignment." My question is, (Scott Holst hopefully you are listening), does this grant Barrage capability to the Russians? (Barrage being an optional rule since it is in Chapter E.)...
  20. James Taylor

Breaching Bocage & ESB

I got a chance to play one of the Op Cobra scenarios and this question came up regarding the breaching bocage mechanic: The rules says that a vehicle using CHD or dozer must spend all its movement [EXC: Start MP]. Does this mean the vehicle is required to remain in motion at the end of its...