Search results

1. James Taylor

D-Day Over Normandy - Film Sponsored By MMP

I just wanted to give a shout-out to MMP for their support of the film D-Day Over Normandy. Excellent film and I was thrilled to see Brian Youse called out in the credits with a Thank You, and MMP's logo showing up (in a giant font no less) at the end. Maybe this is old news--- but it wasn't...
  2. James Taylor

Darrell Wright

St. Pete: "Oh... you play ASL do you?" Darrell: "Ugh... yeah... not the question I expected at these gates..." St. Pete: "We have another player here... let me introduce you to Mr. Fish." Darrell: "Fish!" St. Pete: "One thing... he's also the TD... good luck." Fish: ":cool:" JT
  3. James Taylor

Does the A4.72 example contradict the rule?

Good time to point out situation that often gets overlooked: Russkies carrying MMGs and HMGs that are 5PP. When CX already they cannot advance 1 hex into open ground due to the fact that they only have 1 MP (4mp - 3pp) and since OG is 1 MP that makes it an advance vs difficult terrain...
  4. James Taylor

Darrell Wright

Played Darrell a few times at ASLOk... he was one of the band. A nice guy and good player. Saddened by his departure--- its too soon. Hoping he's getting a chance to sit around the bar in Valhalla and hear directly the stories of our heroes. Good-bye brother. JT
  5. James Taylor

When did you get the extension surgery?!

When did you get the extension surgery?!
  6. James Taylor

Snake-eyes on self-rally or rally, guarranteed rally?

This came up in a game tonight, and it was stated that "they changed that--- its on gamesquad." A broken Chinese vehicle crew (1-2-6, 5 broken morale) with self-rally capability under DM attempts self-rally on the opponent's turn. A 1,1 is rolled. My understanding is that crews are not...
  7. James Taylor

TX6 - tough Enough VC

This scenario is on the list for the ASL Open. It would be really nice to get 100% clarity on what the VC are. Rich--- did you say that Pete confirmed that ONLY PBF/TPBF inherent infantry FP should apply? Or were you saying he confirmed what was in your opponent's email? Thanks ahead of time...
  8. James Taylor

ASL at Winter War 2019 ... the end of an era

Brian, Just seeing this. Thanks much for your dedicated service. It has brought me hours and hours of fun and memories. I'll be looking forward to seeing you across the table again... maybe not in ASL, but there will be something. Long Live Winter War. JT
  9. James Taylor

Z15 The Landing Zone

Breathing new life into this necro-thread. So Carl Nogueira and I played this back in 2016 and we opted to play that the SSR should read "LESS than or equal" rather than "greater than or equal". It was an epic game. Carl generated 6 heroes as the Poles, and came up 1 point short of the exit...
  10. James Taylor

AFV VCA change in building - Possible cellar collapse?

All of this was sorted with the J11 errata removal of the term "Bog penalties" from the RB, and is further clarified by 3 Q/A that Klas has in his compilation. Search for D2.11 and B23.41. JT
  11. James Taylor

159 White Tigers Rubble SSR

:rolleyes:... I don't see huts mentioned in the SSR... We felt our interpretation followed the rules logic--- thereby setting aside the question of designer intent. Too bad it was not more explicitly stated in the reprint. JT
  12. James Taylor

combination terrain?

Concur as well. Re-read B.1---- "common sense must prevail" :eek: JT
  13. James Taylor

159 White Tigers Rubble SSR

Designer intent would be useful. When I played this earlier this year we went with option 2. Here is why: G5.1 Whenever PTO Terrain (G.1) is in effect, each wooden Single Story House (B23.21) whose hex contains ≥ two separate buildings, but no partial building depiction, becomes a hut. Except...
  14. James Taylor

Is Inherent Terrain "directly attached"?

See the attached picture. Is the burning rubble "directly attached" to the orchard hex and therefore the -2 flame spread DRM does not apply? Thanks ahead of time, JT
  15. James Taylor

ASLOK XXXII - Official TD AAR

Apparently Homeland Security confiscated the new FrF packs so we don't have those either. :mad: Somewhere there a bunch of TSA agents playing new FrF scenarios.... JT
  16. James Taylor

ASLOK XXXII - Official TD AAR

Congrats to Bill on his well deserved victory and ascension to GROFAZ! Thanks to all my well-wishers for your moral support. (Hey Houlie--- I probably only got as far as I did because you weren't there to take me out :cool:). As much as it would have been great to win, I want everyone to know...
  17. James Taylor

Mud & Smoke?

Thanks to all ... I do appreciate the points about the difference between "Weather = Mud" and "EC = Mud". And I think E3.734 is pretty definitive--- "during Mud" as opposed to "in Mud". Of course I should have known to look under E3.7 SNOW for the definitive rule regarding E3.6 MUD! JT
  18. James Taylor

Mud & Smoke?

So.... I have always played that when E3.6 Mud is in effect there can be no ordnance SMOKE.... but was reviewing the rules today and was wondering if maybe I had missed a bit of subtlety in this rule. A24.6 WEATHER: SMOKE has no effect where vision is already Hindered by fog (E3.31). SMOKE is...
  19. James Taylor

To The Last Man fix??

#1 Get rid of ammo shortage. #2 All German squads are SS. #3 Add 6-5-8 to OB. #4 Add 5-4-8 to OB. #5 Add a FT to German OB; Only the Mudge 7-0 counter can use the FT. #6 Allow Germans to deploy an additional squad. #7 Replace 1 IS-2m in each Russian Group with an IS-2. #8 Add a Japanese 448...
  20. James Taylor

VASL Deluxe League 2017-2018 Now Starting

Will Willow and I faced off in HS30 The Good Shepard and my Canadians barged their way into town like they heard there was a hockey game going on. Enjoyed playing Will very much and looking forward to a rematch in the desert. JT