Search results

1. Bob Trantin

Was the 30th Infantry Division the best American division of WW2?

I recentLy read that no U.S. Ground unit had more days in combat than the 32nd Infatry Division.
  2. Bob Trantin

VASSAL Update with Mac Air

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t seem to have the option to set up a folder in the cloud. When I download the latest module the only action I can take is to move the icon to the applications folder. Bob T
  3. Bob Trantin

VASSAL Update with Mac Air

I am having issues when I update VASSAL on my Mac Air laptop. When I download the update I lose all of my modules and end up having to go to back to the VASSAL mods site and download them again. Nothing carries over from the previous version of VASSAL. I end up with both icons available but...
  4. Bob Trantin

Goofy Rout Question

Just to clarify the rules reference for becoming DM‘d while in the LOS and Normal Range ( it is 10.62)
  5. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

Vinnie wrote “One aspect of the PSbi find interesting is you do not require to have crest status on the side the wall or bocage is on. In the example, you could have crest status on the M11 hexside and still claim wall advantage. I suspect the ruling is to make it easier.” My first, gut...
  6. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

Eagle4ty. Thanks, that helped me understand your thought process.
  7. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

“If that is difficult to conceptualize, the units are for all intents and purposes floating in OG... and units in OG have MAND WA” I started a thread that hit upon that very subject. In that thread someone posted the PS statement above. The word Perry used was CAN not MUST Claim WA. So I...
  8. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

Help me out here… a unit can have crest status over a gully and Wall Advantage on a bocage hex side. Is there such a location as crest status over a bocage hex side?
  9. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

I believe that the Perry Sez (PS) statement above disagrees with you. WA is available to units in crest status.
  10. Bob Trantin

Bocage and Gullies

I asked a similar question and here is the response that I got. Recent PS: Q: Do Cresties get WA over a bocage hexside in their hex? A: Units in Crest status can have WA over a bocage hexside of their hex, e.g., SaNN11. B9.32 prohibits WA to units "beneath an entrenchment counter."
  11. Bob Trantin

Residual Firepower

We both learned how deadly a lowly RFP of 1 with - 2 FFNAM & FFMO can be...
  12. Bob Trantin

Residual Firepower

Situation: A MMC is moving along an open road hex and is fired upon during DFF. The LOF for this fire attack is hindered by a non-adjacent orchard hex. Residual firepower is placed in the open road hex and adjusted for the +1 DRM for the hindrance. Another MMC now moves into the the same...
  13. Bob Trantin

Multitude Morale Checks

Thanks guys for the quick replies. They were very helpful. Bob T
  14. Bob Trantin

Multitude Morale Checks

Situation: A stack suffers a first fire attack that results in two MMCs being pinned and one unit is OK. The stack then suffers a second attack as it spent more than one MF to enter the hex. The units in the stack now have a different target aspect. Two are pinned so do not suffer the FFMO...
  15. Bob Trantin

Crest status, Bocage and WA

Thanks for the reply. Looking at 9.323 it seems to identify what does not count as in-hex TEM. Quote: Neither Emplacement, Gunshield, Height Advantage, nor a friendly AFV with WA are considered to provide an in-hex TEM for this purpose. It does not mention crest status as being prohibitive...
  16. Bob Trantin

Crest status, Bocage and WA

Can a unit forfeit WA if it has crest status in a hex with bocage? Does Crest status fulfill the requirement of occupying a hex with at least a +1 TEM?
  17. Bob Trantin

Red and Black Chits from BV

I use poker chips drawn from a 750ml crown royal bag
  18. Bob Trantin

I am so glad we solved the communications issue. Somehow your aol emails were going to my spam...

I am so glad we solved the communications issue. Somehow your aol emails were going to my spam folder.
  19. Bob Trantin

Changing Covered Arc

And then the MA if it fires next in the DFph incurs the CA change modifier. Thanks guys for the quick replies. Most helpful Bob T
  20. Bob Trantin

Changing Covered Arc

The VCA was changed.