Search results

1. Paolo Cariolato

ASLEU 2024 - Rome - 21-23 June 2024

FIW ( Italian Wargame Federation) announces the ASLEU2024, the European ASL tournament sponsored by MMP! FIW is proud to present the event during the IWC2024 with many players from all over the world in the beautiful location of Hotel Mercure Leonardo da Vinci Airport ! The Hotel is just 3Km...
  2. Paolo Cariolato

Unmanned GUN and CH

My opponent fired his 60 mtr in a hex occupied solely by an unmmaned GUN in order to gain acquisition. He got a CH. After some reserch, to cut the matter short, we decided that the fact it was unmanned didn't change the result of last sentence of C11.4 "A CH automatically destroys both the Gun...
  3. Paolo Cariolato

J213 - A Fluid Situation - VC Question about abandoned vehiches

Hallo All The Russian start with a bunch of captured, abandoned and scrounged german AFVs and vehicles (6 all) on their OOB. Each of these is worth 2 VPs if re-captured by Germans. It seems that you can fire at them, I found a Perry Sez Is this the original intent of the scenario designer...
  4. Paolo Cariolato

ASLEU 2023 - Rome - 9-11 June 2023

FIW ( Italian Wargame Federation) announces the ASLEU2023, the European ASL tournament sponsored by MMP! FIW is proud to present the event during the IWC2023 with many players from all over the world in the beautiful location of Crowne Plaza Rome S.Peter! Enjoy the video of the 2022 event and...
  5. Paolo Cariolato

FT304 - Loosening the noose - set up clarification

SSR1 calls for a shellhole counter to be placed in B7, which incidentally contains a stone building. Stone building are worth 1VP each. Shellhole counters created during the game do nothing to buildings, but i think that the intent of the designer @lionelc62 was to write off a stone building...
  6. Paolo Cariolato

PRK3 - Vasil'evka, 11 July

I played this scenario with my buddy Fred. I was looking for a scenario that could give me the feel of Proko and I strongly recommend to start your Proko games from this scenario. You really get to know and appreciate the nuances of this module. Simple and straight VC, fixed entry point for...
  7. Paolo Cariolato

Rome Wargame Gathering, october 15-18 2020

The RWG will held an ASL tournament with many minis and a main event. TD Mario Aceto will reveal more details in the near future. Here you get some useful informations on the Con that last year had as a welcomed guest Perry Cocke. Here a video that gives you some clue about the location and the...
  8. Paolo Cariolato

Destroying a GUN

I'm playing DBP#1 Bruno's Flank Attack with my mate Luca Martini. It's the last turn and French Objective is to capture or eliminate all PAVN's AA GUNS. One of his AFV is sitting on a PAVN trench containing the last GUN, the GUN in unmanned since the AFV broke the crew which failed to rout. no...
  9. Paolo Cariolato

Passengers and FL

My good friend Caltabiano pointed me that there is no prohibition to lay down a fire lane from a truck in motion. I have to agree with him. My 1st line italian squad manning a MMG as a passenger on a truck in Motion will fire at a moving american squad with 1FP can lay down a 2FP FL. Strange...
  10. Paolo Cariolato

ASL Scenario Archive is down

I used it yesterday morning but in the evening there was no way to reach it, this morning is also down. Any Clue?
  11. Paolo Cariolato

Red Factories in Italy - MIA?

I placed my order for Red Factories to I GIOCHI DEI GRANDI along with tens of italian players. We are all eager to get our hands on RF, unfortunately we have no clue on the date we are going to receive the module. The shop owner and distributor of wargames since 1981 Nando Ferrari is frustrated...
  12. Paolo Cariolato

Prisoners CVPs

It happens often that VC conditions state: prisoners do not count double. It's clear that at the end of the game prisoners will count just their face CVP value, but what happens if prisoners are eliminated by their own side? A26.222 EXC: if a prisoner is eliminated due to an attack by its own...
  13. Paolo Cariolato

FT174 Green Berets needs clarification

I just played FT174 Green Berets, we got the errata on VC and OOB on the LFT site. Unfortunately those weren't enough, more clarification is needed: the Allied forces are Free French so A25.53 should be in effect, unfortunately SSR2 and SSR3 refer to Allies as "british". Does it mean that...
  14. Paolo Cariolato

sM and LV hindrance (Hatten related)

Playing in my buddy Fred "First Timers (HF3)" this question arised: D13.32: "Hindrance DRM between the AFV's hex and the hex it wishes to place smoke in also apply to that DR" The scenario has an SSR for an LV Hindrance of +1 for the duration of the scenario. Question is: Does the LV...
  15. Paolo Cariolato

On prisoners and leaders in melee.

ASL scenario 75: Strangers in a strange land. Last German turn. VC: "French win if they are the only side with un unbroken MMC in building 22F4 at the end of any Game Turn." In 22F4 building German 9-1 fails to rally one and half squad and in an adjacent hex there is an ongoing melee between 2...
  16. Paolo Cariolato

ASLARCHIVE is down

since saturday, I was looking for some errata but got no response from the site. Usually it's up again in some hours but this time is getting longer. Any idea about what is going on?
  17. Paolo Cariolato

Raff's Rules question

Need answer ASAP. I'm playing J193 Raff's Rule by Michael Koch. It's last American turn. I've captured one of the 105s, the other one is unpossessed in a hex with a German squad and leader. The VC state that American wins immediately if both 105s are eliminated/captured. I've no SW left except...
  18. Paolo Cariolato

Correcting and Converting SR

Hi all In our VASLegue game me and Michael Klautkey couldn't agree on this situation in our game of TX6 Tough Enough It's the beginning of Michael DFPh, his observer is in hex N4, during his PFPh last turn the observer corrected the SR (perC1.335), put the AR in O4 and SR landed in O6. This...
  19. Paolo Cariolato

J32 Panzer Graveyard - German setup clarification needed

German set up reads: set up south of the 46Q10-46Q7-46X3-46Y2-18I1-18A6 road. In the attached map north is upside. Does that means: 1) the Germans set up south of the road AND on/west of the Q hexrow 2) the Germans set up south AND east of the road thank you for the clarification.
  20. Paolo Cariolato

Do you put -2 leaders on your designs?

I feel that 9-2, 10-2 and 10-3 are a major problem in scenario balance: when directing fire they reduce stone building to woods, in ambush pull out ambushes that completely modify the landscape, normal units bounce back from broken status as if they were fanatic, not to mention those fanatic...