Search results

1. ASL1

VASSAL 3.7.9 Install Error

Good Morning, Half-way through the install of VASSAL 3.7.9, the install stops and I receive this error message: "Error Opening File for writing: C:\Program Files\VASSAL-3.7.9\jre\bin\ms\jcp140-dll" Anyone else having the same problem? Cheers ya'll! Pierce
  2. ASL1

Operation Martlet

Operation Martlet in 'da house!
  3. ASL1

Subsequent First Fire

Good Evening My American 10-2 with 747 moves to from 3U1 to U2 (1MF), to T2 (2MF) = 3, then to T3 (1MF for the wall and 2MF to enter the building) for a total of 6MF. My opponent First fires on the first MF expended in the building, then fires again on the second MF expended on the building but...
  4. ASL1

ASL Humor

5. ASL1

VASL 6.6.1

Good Afternoon .. attempting to upgrade to 6.6.1 .. downloaded and installed 3.4.6 and 6.6.1. But when I open 6.6.1 .. receive the message that I need to upgrade to 3.4.6. Already have. Really mind boggling. When downloading and installing VASSL 3.2.17, there was a VASL 3.2.17.exe file for...
  6. ASL1

Assemble 81mm mortar and change CA

Didn't take my Prevagen today .. final action in the DFPh - Crew assembles 81mm mortar.. Can the CA of the 81mm be changed after mortar is assembled? Thanks in advance. Cheers Berserkers! Pierce
  7. ASL1

Berserker

Afternoon .. should be a no-brainer but I can't find what to do in this situation. In my previous turns MPh, my Berserk Vanay squad charged towards a known Russian unit that was in the Berserk squads LOS. In my opponents MPh, he moved that squad out of the LOS of my Berserk squad. I am...
  8. ASL1

ASL 203 "Hard ROK" .. VASL + Skype

Afternoon .. about time to crack open Korea: Forgotten War ..like to play ASL 203 as the South Koreans. If interested, pm here or email advancedsl1@comcast.net. GMT -5 for VASL play. Cheers! Pierce
  9. ASL1

Objective: Schmidt

Afternoon Fellow Berserkers! Hope everyone is healthy and safe. Now that my better half is out of the hospital and back home, I would enjoy a playthrough of Objective: Schmidt now that the maps and extensions are available. PBeM for right now. If interested, PM here. Cheers ya'll! Pierce
  10. ASL1

unloading from an LC

Good evening Playing ASL 73 "Hell Or High Water" and I may have pooched the unloading. As an example, my LC passed the beaching DR. In the LC, I have - from top to bottom - 668, 668, 9-1, 668. My question is do the units unload as a stack or does each unit unload individually? If each unit...
  11. ASL1

Bougainville Campaign

Afternoon fellow Berserkers. After taking some considerable time away from ASL, I would like to ease back - ease back, seriously? - with a PBeM Bougainville Campaign as the US Marines. I have 12 scenarios in mind beginning with ASL 73 "Hell Or High Water." followed by these scenarios: SP...
  12. ASL1

J147: Into The Grinding Mill

Good afternoon Question on Chinese setup. SSR#2 "The Chinese player sets up Wire, Trenches, and Pillboxes onboard. The Japanese player then records two Pre-registered hexes..." Question is are the Wire, Trenches and Pillboxes set up HIP
  13. ASL1

VASL + Skype only .. MMP Official Scenarios

Good Morning fellow Berserkers!! Looking back through my ASL career (certainly not illustrious) I realized that overall, I have only scratched the surface of available MMP Official scenarios. I know, tar and feather me!! Two esteemed ASLer's are currently playing through all the official MMP...
  14. ASL1

PBeM MM44 "Cassel Defense"

MM44 is from the latest March Madness pack. 27 May 1940. British and French holding the line to buy time for the evacuation of the BEF at Dunkirk. If interested, pm here or email advancedsl1@comcast.net Thanks and cheers ya'll! Pierce
  15. ASL1

Campaign Game .. VASL + Skype

Good Morning:cool: Wanting a CG from one of the three listed::) Stl RAM CG:hellyes: Pegasus Bridge: II "Hold Until Relieved":highfive: Decision at La Gleize (KGP III) -US: 5 German: 8:clap: VASL + skype only. if interested, pm here or email @ advancedsl1@comcast.net Cheers ya'll! Pierceo_O
  16. ASL1

Schwerpunkt Campaign

Good Morning .. Don Holland answered my call some time ago to play all the Schwerpunkt scenarios. No specific AARs yet but through the first ten scenarios: Pierce: 6 .. Don: 4. Each playing has been close One Highlight for me was our playing of SP8 "The Getaway." My initial German setup...
  17. ASL1

Leibstandarte Packs

Afternoon fellow ASLer's Going through my scenario binders and found my Leibstandarte Packs that I have hardly touched upon. So, looking to play through all the Leibstandarte scenarios (40) as the German. Scenarios cover from 1939 through March 1944. Should be fun. VASL + Skype is preferred...
  18. ASL1

ASL 11 AAR

I wanted to get back to playing more of the Core Modules so I put out a challenge to play all the scenarios from Yanks II, Hakaa Paalle and Rising Sun on VASL. Fellow berserker Chuck Tewksbury answered the call. First up, ASL 11 "Defiance On Hill 30." I had the US Para's for our first scenario...
  19. ASL1

PBeM "ITR-1 Debacle At Sung Kiang" (from Into The Rubble 2)

Evening Title says it all .. pm here or email advancedsl1@comcast.net. Cheers to all! Pierce
  20. ASL1

PBeM or Live VASL + Skype

Good Morning Berserkers' Want to get back to playing scenarios in the core modules. Anyone interested in a marathon starting with Yanks II followed by Hakkaa Paalle and finish up with Rising Sun? Long time player but still stink at this game. pm here or email advancedsl1@comcast.net if...