Search results

1. C

What to Keep

I had that thought months back and finally decided I had way more ASL stuff (scenarios) to last me several lifetimes, so I've completely stopped buying new ASL stuff. I figure I've already saved $1,000+ already 🤣. Eventually I'll likely sell/give away the ASL collection except for maybe the...
  2. C

Waffen-SS Counter Storage and What Not

In my opinion the all black colored ones are a needless duplicate of counters that are already the standard "German blue" color. I have mine in a zip top bag stored away while the rest of my ASL counters are in Planos.
  3. C

Was Guards Counterattack the first scenario you ever played?

I started with Cross of Iron (long boring reasons) and played Hube's Pocket (SS and Panthers oh my) as my first foray into the world of S/L & ASL.
  4. C

CH Annual 6

Mine just arrived. Well, after 40+ years playing S/L and ASL, this is my last purchase for those game systems. Too bad it took 2+ years to arrive. On to other games!
  5. C

CH Annual 6

Mine is supposed to be coming by FedEx according to the website (still haven't received any email about the order), but every time I try to look it up on FedEx's website it can't find it. The long long long long wait continues.
  6. C

CH Annual 6

I haven't received an email but looked up my order on the CH website and it said it shipped today.
  7. C

CH Annual 6

Seems like in Friday Mailers in the past said "next week" several times in regard to the CH Annual #6. Since others have received, I'm a little more hopeful, but still won't be holding my breath until it shows up in my mailbox.
  8. C

CH Annual 6

I wondered the same thing. As it is, for various reasons and this really long shipping window, I won't be ordering from CH any more. C'est la vie.
  9. C

Apparently one third of all ASL players play solo the most.

Solo has been my go-to for any board game for the last 40 years. I never found folks that wanted to learn the complex games I played. Eventually, it became my own preference because I could setup a game and play on my schedule.
  10. C

CH Annual 6

Has it even started shipping yet? I've seen a lot of "next week" "next week" from them but still nothing out the door.
  11. C

[POLL] Do you play other games than ASL?

I've played War & Peace for a number of years and recently got the newest edition. A couple weeks ago I got War for the Union and have started playing.
  12. C

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

I've watched the Olympics for over 40 years, until this year. The Olympics had been my only sports that I'd watch or follow. It's gotten to be that business takes priority over the athletes and don't even get me started on the prima donna athletes. It has turned me away likely never to watch again.
  13. C

How do you treat the shadows that are drawn around building artwork?

My eyes aren't the greatest, so quite truthfully I've never paid attention to shadow of building vs. building. To me it's all the same and if my string crosses it then it's blocked.
  14. C

What your ASL dollars can buy.....

More than likely MMP charges a price they know us ASL addicts will pay that gives them a good profit to stay in business and so their employees can pay their mortgages.
  15. C

Who is going to sort through your ASL stuff when you are dead?

I'll be dead and won't care what they do with my former possessions. They can do with any/all of it as they please. Sell or dump, won't be a concern of mine at that point.
  16. C

What boardgames have you played recently?

Currently playing Mark McLaughlin's War and Peace 6th Edition Played the 2nd Edition back in the early 80s when I was in high school and when I saw this update I snagged it and have been playing it since.
  17. C

Books: What are you currently reading?

Have 2 books I'm reading on my tablet that I keep swapping between, A Time for Trumpets (Battle of the Bulge) and Waterloo Campaign of 1815 Volume 1.
  18. C

Do you prefer solo ASL or SASL?

After not playing for probably 10-15 years I came back into playing solo ASL because it meant less rules to read, to get going again, and there's so much variety in the scenarios and HASLs that I have that I haven't touched either. Maybe when I get bored (unlikely) with the multitude of...
  19. C

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

I chose a Lenovo Duet as my tablet. It was a great price and it is supposed to have updates for 8 years. I was looking for a tablet primarily to read books (kindle books) on and I didn't want to go with a Fire for various computer-geek reasons. I did buy the eRuleBook and it opens up just fine...
  20. C

ASL Action Pack #16 and Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #12 (2021) now available!

MMP's warehouse, surrounding buildings and community represented on board 100? Then we could send our cardboard warriors to fight over the building to win the last copy of Yanks and Beyond Valor for victory conditions!