Search results

1. Brave Lion

HexDraw is Back

Cool maps. Are there scenarios to go with them?
  2. Brave Lion

Twilight of the Reich Update

Would I be interested? Absolutely!! :love: My primary reference is "Armoured Trains, An Illustrated Encyclopedia 1825-2016" by Paul Malmassari. I'm also using "Railway Guns of World War II" by Steven Zaloga for some sections. Anything will be appreciated to help out with the project. I...
  3. Brave Lion

Imagine Thomas the Tank Engine hauling around a howitzer. :whistle:
  4. Brave Lion

Already noted. The Poles had a strange one with harness to allow an otherwise unmodified light tank to use rail movement. It is a rather unique and little known world of AFV combat.
  5. Brave Lion

LFT15 DTO Boards

The boards are lovely. I'm having flash backs to Desert Storm. The reason for the DTO/ETO board is because there are oasis' in the desert that are definitely ETO-like. The transition from DTO terrain to ETO terrain is quite startling. Although Northern Saudi Arabia is mostly flat DTO terrain...
  6. Brave Lion

We are working on an armored train expansion. However, there is still much more to do at the moment. Just like with normal AFVs, there is a lot of variety in armored trains. Railcars with 1, 2, 3, and even 4 turrets (some superfiring over others), recon cars on tracks, ATG cars, AAA cars, ART...
  7. Brave Lion

Weapons we like to see in ASL

I would love to see the German X-7 Rotkappchen "Red Riding Hood" ATGM. It was used in the closing months of the war on the Eastern Front in very limited numbers. Only a few hundred were built, so it would be very rare. However, it is probably the world's first operational Anti-Tank Guided...
  8. Brave Lion

Missing Chapters

That doesn't make sense. Red Barricades is 'O'. Pegasus Bridge is 'Q'. I'm not sure how either of these letters relate to the campaigns that they are depicting. The do, however, follow the alphabetic order of the rest of the rule book.
  9. Brave Lion

VotG to RO

The maps are beautiful. What is the current status of the project?
  10. Brave Lion

Contested Lands (1948 Arab Israeli) module

Just my $.02. I think ATGM can be handled by modifying the Target Acquisition rules slightly. However, there should be a mechanic to interrupt the TH/TK sequence to enable for countermeasures. Something like an ATGM Reaction Task Check to enable Motion attempts, fire smoke dischargers, lay...
  11. Brave Lion

Missing Chapters

Thanks guys. I thought I was missing something and could at least know what to put on my wish list for Santa this year.
  12. Brave Lion

Missing Chapters

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Chapters U, X, and Y will be? Blood Reef Tarawa is T but then it skips U to Valor of the Guards (V). Likewise, the Korean War (W) skips X and Y to Mini-Modules (Z). Is Festung Budapest really Chapter FB? Or is it one of the missing chapters (U, X, or Y)?
  13. Brave Lion

Size Matters - LOS Hinderance counter questions

The answers to your questions are yes and not yet. It doesn't have to be a priority for now. These are intended for a product that does not yet have a release date available. The vehicles that I'm working on do not yet exist in the ASL system but they should. They are historical vehicles...
  14. Brave Lion

You are correct. I'm working on some very large vehicles. Most are in the -3 size range (D1.7, C6.7, and H LC Note F) and are Level 1 LOS obstacles from the side VCA but Level 1 LOS hinderances from the front/rear VCA. The rest are normal sized vehicles that are only .5 Level LOS hinderances...
  15. Brave Lion

Well, that explains it. This is what I was suspecting, that the LOS string-to-counter interaction is hard coded into the module itself. What I am looking for is something that mimics the LCI(S) or LCT(4), i.e., a Level 1 LOS Obstacle (wall-like) through the side VCAs but a Level 1 Hinderance...
  16. Brave Lion

I am working on a VASL extension that includes counters that create LOS hinderances and obstacles. I've tried figuring this out using the smoke counters for an example but I'm not sure how they work with the LOS engine. The problem is that some counters will be a .5 level hinderance while...
  17. Brave Lion

When does the early war period end for the SS 4-6-8?

The early war SS period ends roughly 9/42. That is when the SS Panzer Corps was organized. However, 468 SS units could be used whenever the situation calls for high morale but not as well equipped units.
  18. Brave Lion

Armored Trains in ASL

It was also the only time armed Americans attacked the Japanese home islands on the ground. The Japanese surrender precluded the full scale invasion of Kyushu and Honshu.
  19. Brave Lion

Armored Trains in ASL

Picking up steam on it now. 🆒
  20. Brave Lion

VASSAL / VASL Freezes

It works for me. I was pulling my hair out on this one and I don't have much left to pull. :rolleyes: As long as I'm back in VASL fighting trim, I'm good. ;)