Search results

1. drchilds

DONATIONS

All of the attorneys who I've ever asked about issues like this invariably related how complicated the issue is, and would never go into great detail in person, much less in a public forum. So... Unless he's a copyright attorney (which I doubt given the fact he's focused so much on trademark and...
  2. drchilds

ISO Markers and counters needed for play.

You can also contact MMP directly and see if there are individual counter sheets available. Take a look at Board Game Geek for photos. This is likely your cheapest and best quality option.
  3. drchilds

DONATIONS

And who is he, exactly?
  4. drchilds

Defensive fire Baz.

C8.6... WP can be fired during any friendly fire phase. Just pointing out the exception.
  5. drchilds

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

I had the same problem, but it only affected one scenario. One side blank.
  6. drchilds

Dispatches from the Bunker early 2024 Update

Still have my copies of the Contrary '91 Desert Scenarios! Some Bunker history there! 😁
  7. drchilds

How'd your 2023 Year in ASL go?

Got back into it after about an eight year absence, following a separation, divorce, and a layoff after Raytheon decided to shut our division down. Feels good to be back.
  8. drchilds

What was your "moment?"

Very sad to hear. I find that if I'm counting on the dice to save my bacon, I've screwed up somehow. But in the end, it's a game -- one of the greatest ever, to be sure -- but still a game. If he wasn't having fun anymore, then there's not much else left to do but hang up the cardboard boots...
  9. drchilds

What was your "moment?"

I actually was just reminiscing last week about one of my first games at the old Bunker against Kiri. Jon Messeck and I, being noobs were paired against Kiri. I don't remember the scenario, but it was very likely an Annual '90 playtest. Kiri had a death star entrenched on a hill overlooking...
  10. drchilds

Anyone has the WO Pack 2019 Double Wide boards for VASL ?

Any chance of 12a/b and 13a/b?
  11. drchilds

What was your "moment?"

And I would never be the player and enthusiast I am without the hospitality of you, Tom, and the rest of the Bunker crew! Cheers!
  12. drchilds

What was your "moment?"

I don't remember the exact scenario. Probably something from either Paratrooper or Yanks ca. 1989 or 1990. As we were playing, and I'm observing with my friend and opponent the ebb and flow of the front line, and the narrative that the scenario was presenting to us, we both commented on this at...
  13. drchilds

VASL Map program too small in size..

Only if the WinForms apps are still using old frameworks. Old MFC, older .NET WinForms, etc. If the WinForms apps are using something reasonably recent, they'll scale up appropriately, and respect the OS scaling request. Now... if the developers didn't account for it, or were lazy about their UX...
  14. drchilds

VASL Map program too small in size..

Actually, Windows is great with high DPI. It's Java that blows, and doesn't respect the scaling requested by the platform. As you mention, later versions of Java did a better job.
  15. drchilds

What boardgames have you played recently?

I always felt that FC was just one more way for Cole eek out more cash from his Paramount license. I've been a SFB player since I was 12, but the whole production shift really irked me. You really like it more?
  16. drchilds

Happy New Year to you too! I AM WORKING!!! :)

Happy New Year to you too! I AM WORKING!!! :)
  17. drchilds

Sox and Yanks

Well he used to hang out in the dugout with the team until a$$hat Pud Selig kicked him out. Probably a nod. Hell, he's part of the lore... I'm cool with it.
  18. drchilds

Sox and Yanks

Wicked great news.
  19. drchilds

Sox and Yanks

Curse? Nah... nasty case of the clap? Mebbe! Never been to the Trop, but I gotta agree with Jerry Remy when he says the place should be blown up. Playing there has gotta be like playing a game of backyard whiffle ball. "Okay... hit that catwalk and it's a double... hit that one it's a...
  20. drchilds

Sox and Yanks

Hmmm... what do you Cleveland guys think about this?