Search results

1. P

OOB AND TOE for Turkish Army in 1942

anyone has company level TOE for standard companies in the ww2-era turkish army? - and the oob for the turkish army???
  2. P

What if, Europe 1943

Here is a What if Scnenario that I might do, based on my abortive early attempt to do a what if 1946 scenario of US-UK invasion of a nazi europe (Germany beeig victorious). in fact it might make historical sense if one takes back that assumption to 1943 based on this What if: 1. Germany...
  3. P

Italian what if in North Africa

I just finishing a very interesting book "Tobruk 1940" on the accidental death of the Commander in Chief of Italian forces in Libya, Air Marshall Italo Balbo in July 1940 (shot down by mistake by italian AA fire while landing on TObruk airfield). Balbo, who was a sort of hero of the 1920's and...
  4. P

German-Polish war

Here is a what if I'd like to have your opinion on. Let's assume Hitler is out of the game - let's say he got hit by a british shell during the war, or that he succeeded in passing his entrance to the Vienna beaux-arts and went on quietly to became a succesfull, albeit only moderately...
  5. P

1914-1918 - Piero vs. Nemo

After action Report I write this report after 35 or so of turns where I play the Central Power against Nemo’s Entente. 1914 My initial 1914 strategy was to : Hold on Serbia but use some forces to attack the southern Montenegro flank, while holding Russia on the Silesian front. In the...
  6. P

playtest Great War v4.2

who would like to playtest version 4.2 of my great war scenario. At least the first 10-20 turns. I have made some adjustments to units and maps and hopefully they improove the previous version. I look for a good player in offensive to take the Central Power and try to take Paris in 10 turns -...
  7. P

Redoing all past scenarios

as I learned so much about the Evil Editor and other details of TOAW during my work on the ww1 scenario, I am to redo all my past scenarios (not the XIXth century ones). any one here has played some of the good ones or some of the really bad ones (when I think of some that I did I am almost...
  8. P

Europe at War 1945-1946

I would like to start a scenario loosely inspired by GDW's WiF extention "Patton in Flames" to represent a clash in 1945-1946 (or longer) between the Western Allies and Soviet Union and its sattelites. Before I go on OOB's etc. I would like to discuss some of the game philosophy with you fine...
  9. P

Battle of Adua 1896

Ok, I am starting this one. a short 1-week long long scenario (1km/hex) game. got the topographical maps, etc. got the oob and aprox. toe's I wonder if I should do it on TOAW 19th century or TOAW normal, as the ethiopians were armed with rifles that were actually similar of not superior to...
  10. P

Vendee Insurrection - Xix

at last, after 2 months of work and extensive reading and documentation onthat somber and not well known part of history, a scen of the 1793 insurrection in vendée. I playtested the scenario, it plays well and is quite quick (70 short turns). Republican french militia and army against...
  11. P

XIXth century TOAW - Napoleon's first Italian campaign

I would lke to start the project of making a campaign scenario for Napoleon's first Italian campaign in Italy (and Austria) of 1796-1797. I have the map (I'll use and extend my map of North Italy at 2.5km/hex scale - I'll extend it towards Graz and Vienna. I will keep the game at...
  12. P

XIX century slight modif plus ideas

a small idea for the XIX century engine. instead of loading the normal TOAW picture (the one that goes from 1914-modern warfare symbols/weapons/soldier with the morphed helmet etc), could it load another one, specific to the TOAW XIX? and if so, anyone would have enough graphist ability to...
  13. P

AAR - Korea 2005

Korea 2005-02-05 This is the first time I PBEM my new Korea 2005 scenario. DeWandererisaevilcommunist will play the North Korean player. I will be the Capitalistik pig. My options during the Turn 1 (prepositioning turn and option selection turn) will be to “do nothing” that is to take the...
  14. P

Korea 2005

Hi, I am starting to do a Modern-day scenario on a conflict in North Korea (for once on a operational scale). I have collected a very good map (thanks CASE) good OOB and TOE for North and South Korea and US forces in Korea and Japan and thanks to globalsecurity.org, all the info on WMD...
  15. P

maps of France 2km/hex

I have seen for TOAW maps of Normandy, Lorraine and Ardennes Forest at 2.5Km per hex. anyone has seen more maps? I'd like to use this winter to make a Map of Northern france at 2.5Km per hex to use for many many scenarios (including a 1870 war one, a 1914 one, a 1916 (Verdun) one, a 1918...
  16. P

WW1 scenario comments - discussion

I wa having some great discussion with ENIGMA on my WW1 scenario. I'll transcript here as these may help further players. it all started with Lucinus and Enigma working a game on version 2.4 while I was working on versions 3.0 on to 3.2 (3.3 will be out soon). Lucinus was stating that...
  17. P

spanish-american war

Hi, I would like to make a series of scenarios for TOAW (eprhaps using the XIXth C. database, but perhaps not) on this conflict. anyone has websites links, infos, OOB's TOE's ideas, suggestions, events, etc. I'm interested in the campaign in the Philippines as well as the one in Cuba...
  18. P

Spanish Torch

I'd be interested in working on some TOAW scenarios based on GDW's "Spanish Torch idea" on a 1942 landing of US/British/Free French forces in North Africa AND in Spain. I would like to research the OOB's the political events, a portugal entry option, etc. German possible intervention vs...
  19. P

New Scenario - October War

I have an idea for a scenario: in October 2004 - Israeli planes, refueled by US, strike Iranian nuclear facilities (reactor in Busheir, weapon development center in Teheran, etc.). In reaction to that, Iran launches a few conventional No-Dong missiles on Israel, and launches its (prepared for...
  20. P

XIX - Question - infantry

I really like the XIX database. a question on infantry units: - what is the difference between grenadiers, line infantry, light infantry, etc. in the first half part of the century? I mean, at later stages in the XIX century, equipment dictates the infantry unit in the DB, per gun, etc...