Search results

1. P

OOB AND TOE for Turkish Army in 1942

thanks! it's a good start. I'll review that. and me that thought that the Axishistoryforum was down...
  2. P

OOB AND TOE for Turkish Army in 1942

anyone has company level TOE for standard companies in the ww2-era turkish army? - and the oob for the turkish army???
  3. P

Italian Campaign Development Thread

when the map is finished, send it to me... sometimes it's spelling mistakes that can happen. an a for an o, etc.
  4. P

it's Avellino, not Avallino, the town east of Naples... do you want me to do a check on town names?
  5. P

do you have the pre-september 1943 disposition of Italian Royal forces? I have that if you want. also, note that the Italian forces were for the most part disarmed by the Germans, but this was not at all a given. it was the high italian command usual incompetence and a lot of luck that...
  6. P

us-soviet forces 1945

how is that scenario doing? I'd be happy to look at it now. piero
  7. P

The Great War 1914-1918 vs Veers

you should do one animation per year! so that one does not repeat all each time. but those are great!!!!
  8. P

Rifle Squads in Piero's TGW 1914-1918

no, i wont' change or update the scen until at least this autumn... (I am busy...) and I still need to get acquinted with toaw III.... but what you can do, is use those "empty" divisions in Africa, to "hold" terrain.....
  9. P

I see, let me dive back into the divisional history of those divisions. I have lots of info on those. I feared it was russian divisions or turkish where unit history is more sifficult to find.
  10. P

which divs (country?) are you mentioning? russian? well, the divisions show up at the time of their formation and those who are empty are that they were formed at that time, but not up to strenght. probably, I overlooked at the reinforcements. but then, divisions in the forming,do have to...
  11. P

us-soviet forces 1945

re. air war. what good is for the USA to have a great air force if 1 million (or more) US soldiers are killed and/or taken prisoners by the red army in a few weeks. that's a LOT of motivation for US (and GB) mothers to ask their governement to stop the war.... the only way to stop...
  12. P

What if, Europe 1943

yes, and monty, was no wellington (if that's even comparable). and spain is no blitzkrieg country. looooots of mountains all over the place.
  13. P

What if, Europe 1943

these questions are exactly why I am curious about this scenario. it was quite possible that Japan chose not to attack the US in 1941. and in this condition, pres Roosevelt was very committed to bring the US into war against Germany anyway. it was also quite possible of a russian...
  14. P

What if, Europe 1943

spain, would not have joined the Axis. Spain was out of a brutal civil war and "terrorist" hunt was still going on in some areas. France wanted to re-build spain and while accepting that some volunteers fight for Germany, it did not want to face the might of the US and England. in fact, he...
  15. P

us-soviet forces 1945

by the way, has anyone a full european theater of operations OOB for soviet forces at divisional level? summer/fall 1945. like this (eastern front) http://niehorster.orbat.com/012_ussr/45-08-08/_fec.html
  16. P

us-soviet forces 1945

by the way, any political events linked to this? US and european population was tired of the war - and the USSR was seen as a heroic nation then - and any significant casualties would put pressure on Truman to ceise hostilities.
  17. P

oh yes, the red dots are germans....! have fun taking the vast wastes of the Namib!!!!
  18. P

AAR The Great War 2.0 Bloodstar vs. Polynike

tis was for two reasons. 1.to make sure replacements data fits reality (and replacements are hard to know if they are combat or non-combat) 2.division TOE for infantry squads and overall HQ's is more to make the total division realistic in it's capacity rather than real TOE. in fact, I...
  19. P

nice west front. I think the German player did well. securing a shorter front than in reality (with abbeville-verdun line) is a good way to have more german troops available for other fronts... ...of course same for the french and british... ...secondary fronts and east will be interesting...
  20. P

What if, Europe 1943

well, some German forces would still be distracted by Russia... after all colonisation has it's perils... and of course with victory, german economy might run a bit inefficient... but on the Allied side, the US can bring millions of men under arms, 3 to 4 times the industrial production of...