Search results

1. Pfc TAZ

Ancient Roman Dice Tower

I bought this wooden replica on Etsy recently. It's too nice to use. :LOL:
  2. Pfc TAZ

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

I've always seen the Twilight as starting on Dec 16, 1944.
  3. Pfc TAZ

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I just got the Wacht am Rhein 3 and all the Quick 6 packs from Lone Canuck. Already see some I need to play.
  4. Pfc TAZ

LSSAH 26 - "Steel and Fire"

Perfect! That looks a lot more like what I was expecting. Thanks, George.
  5. Pfc TAZ

LSSAH 26 - "Steel and Fire"

I think some of the German OB is missing from my scenario card. What I have for Germans: 6 x 5-4-8 20 x 2-2-8 9-1, 2 x 8-1 LMG 3 x MMG 3 x ? 2 x Pz3L 5 x Pz4F2 9-1, 8-1 AL Why all the crews? SSR3 says "the German player must make an Entrenching DR for each AT Gun." The Balance says Germans...
  6. Pfc TAZ

Hi, thanks for the invite. I am returning to the game from a long absence. I played for many...

Hi, thanks for the invite. I am returning to the game from a long absence. I played for many years up to 2005 then stopped. I've been getting back up to speed with the game and rules. I've been soloing some SK games and reading Chap A - C. Also watching a lot of VASLing with Stew's channel...
  7. Pfc TAZ

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I finally found a SW copy of Hatten In Flames. Completing my official AH/MMP HASL collection! Now to find time to play them...
  8. Pfc TAZ

Does anyone have any opinions on Buzbe for ASL Storage?

It's looking like I'll need to take one for the team here. I think I'll try them out. But, I'll try two. One for Admin counters the other for Misc counters (boats, bridges, emplacements). The rest of the counters I'll use the old standard Planos. The BoxBox look nice, but as a pet owner I...
  9. Pfc TAZ

Does anyone have any opinions on Buzbe for ASL Storage?

I'm getting ready to punch and clip an entire set of counters from 2nd Edition modules. I've been thinking about how I plan to store those. My 1st Edition counters are all in Planos and those work fine. But I recently found these Buzbe cases online and they look like Raacos, with individual...
  10. Pfc TAZ

Pharaoh - Total War

I think one of the reasons people aren't too excited is that they are releasing so many games that don't really differ substantially from one another, just uses a different theme.
  11. Pfc TAZ

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Listening to Black Label Society alternating between the "Mafia" and "Sonic Brew" albums.
  12. Pfc TAZ

What material would you like to see made into a movie?

Those stories were great back in the 80s. But, they have not aged well. I tried to re-read them a few years ago and was stumped on why I liked them so much.
  13. Pfc TAZ

What material would you like to see made into a movie?

Here! Here! That would make a great movie. Also, I would like to see George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series made into a movie(s). Medieval fantasy, light on magic, heavy on intrigue, politics and big battles. Sort of a fantasy War of the Roses.
  14. Pfc TAZ

Rules I dont like

Hi Rob, While I disagree with making house rules...when one rule, and only one, applied at random, really annoys both players there is no problem forgetting about it. We are there to have FUN. Not please the ASL gods. And we'll continue to do it until the Pope of ASL excommunicates...
  15. Pfc TAZ

Rules I dont like

Snipers: Never liked 'em. My usual ftf buddy and I don't even use 'em when we play each other. The game has enough randomness in it and the scale is large enough that it is not really needed (I realize it is a judgement call on that). It's just "one more thing" to think about during dice...
  16. Pfc TAZ

Anything besides ASL?

I'm curently working on my MBA thesis. So I have limited play time. I allow myself one ASL game at a time, but before the thesis I only played ASL and PC strategy games. I've looked into and purchased some ATS and Panzer Granadier, but have never played them.
  17. Pfc TAZ

MMP Sale

Good Point! Has MMP ever looked into doing digital downloads for OOP journals? You could charge $20-25 a journal. I don't know what the state of copyright abilites are with that technology. But, it may be feasible and reduce the need to carry physical inventory. I've bought some other...
  18. Pfc TAZ

MMP Sale

Score! Now I have to intercept the CC bill before the wife sees it...
  19. Pfc TAZ

ASL Counters

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes. I would buy all new counters if they were in color. Why? I like buying ASL stuff. It is my second vice...I can never have too much. Never! :devil: I bought BV in 1986 and have just about everything from initial release. It would be nice to spice up the boring old 4-6-7...
  20. Pfc TAZ

The Alamo

I just watched The Alamo last night. I loved it. I'd give it 4 out of five on BBT's strength as Davy Crocket. The recreation of canister fire was cool and when someone was bayoneted, they really meant it. I thought it showed how personal a battle gets at the end. After the Mexicans had...