Search results

1. Dave68124

Happy New Year and New Year's Resolution

First of all, Happy New Year's all. With a new year, those pesky, oft to be broken, New Year's resolutions come up. For me, it is time to de-clutter and seek out positive interactions. This is no place for either. I doubt I will be missed by many - meh - troll on. I would like to Thank Don...
  2. Dave68124

Boarding Fire VASL boards crashing VASL

Is there another place to download Bounding Fire boards? The link the in map bazaar is broke. Downloaded the boards from the BF website, but when I pull it up, VASL crashes. I don't have any issues with MMP boards. Running 6.3.3 version of VASL. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated...
  3. Dave68124

Is it possible to insert an image on VASL?

I was in the process of setting up a map and thought it would be helpful to copy the Special Rules from the pdf of the scenario card and put it in with the map rather than have to type it all again in the notes. Thus, the question. Is there a way to insert an image on the map set up? Thanks,
  4. Dave68124

Trying to find overlays in VASL

I have all of the overlays loaded and extensions, but I still cannot find overlays x9 x10 x13 OW1 Any ideas on where I can find these overlays or do they even exist in VASL? Thanks,
  5. Dave68124

Looking for one or two SK PBEM game

Returning to ASL after a couple year hiatus and thought a SK game might be the easiest transition back into the fold. Have all the scenarios - kept up the collection even when I wasn't playing - but a little rusty on the rules. PM me if anyone is interested in getting a game fired off. Turn...
  6. Dave68124

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

I caught this post about the cost of the games - $51B for the host country - are you f'n kidding me? Then to see the pictures of what happens to some or all of the facilities after the fact. Being a finance guy, I have no idea how you EVER make the numbers work without some completely...
  7. Dave68124

Top gun opening intro

Ran across this and the memories it brings back. What kid wouldn't have given his left nut to be a F-14 pilot after seeing this movie. Probably the best 5 minutes of any movie made. Saving Private Ryan would give it a good run, but still think this is the gold standard...
  8. Dave68124

Deflate gate: NFL investigates Patriots for tampering with game balls

Looks like Pats are getting investigated by the NFL for deflating the balls. A deflated ball isn't going to get you 45 points, but given the Pats ethical lapses in the past, just something for people to talk about.
  9. Dave68124

Baseball term first used in England in 1755

A guy who works for me lives in Surrey and ran across this one day. He sent me the pdf talking about how the term "base ball" was used for the first time in England in 1755. A little trivia for the baseball guys out there.
  10. Dave68124

Best first 15 minutes Movie

Just caught Top Gun on TV and started thinking about the movies with the best first 15 minutes. Outside of Top Gun and Saving Private Ryan, I am struggling what other movies really set the movie as being good in the first 15 minutes.
  11. Dave68124

Bye Bye Bama

Just turned on the game to find OK up by 7 with a minute left and watching McCarron fumble and a OK TD. I guess Bama wasn't the greatest team to walk the planet after all. Wonder if any Bama fans are going to die tonight? :p
  12. Dave68124

Big Ten implodes

Wow, the Big Ten laid an egg today. 1. Nebraska embarrassed at home. I almost thought I saw Callahan on the sideline during the 3rd quarter. 2. Michigan gets a gift from the time keeper to keep getting beat by Akron. Surprised the review didn't put a second back on the clock - ball clearly...
  13. Dave68124

The Dirty Dozen

Found myself watching The Dirty Dozen for about the 50th time last night and realized something about the show. What ever happens to Posey (the big guy)? Everyone else they at least show them getting killed in great detail or a little snippet, except the guy who died during the jump. However...
  14. Dave68124

Prohibition on PBS

A three part series by Ken Burns that has been showing on PBS. A pretty good watch if you like American history.
  15. Dave68124

Tutorial Question

Is there a multiple turn tutorial for ASKSL available? Reading the rules from scratch is a bit hard to wrap your head around some of the concepts and while the examples in the rules provide some "hands-on" learning, it is not the same to see the same pieces through multiple turns. Still in...