Search results

1. ToxicShock

CMAK BoB QB Tourney- RD3

Still waiting for Diggy to send out the setup...
  2. ToxicShock

Former GENIEites who still ASL

I was on GEnie from 1985-88 then 1994-96 (after coming back from Europe). I got to play most of the Ladder via Email. Best memory was playing Steve Pleva and winning the match on the last turn.
  3. ToxicShock

How Much Time Do You Spend Playtesting?

I PT for George Kelln and try to have one PT scenario ongoing via VASL. I am willing to PT for other designers.
  4. ToxicShock

Killer stacks or defense in depth?

I would class myself as a counter-attacker. I always look for a local advantage on the defence and try to inflict as much damage as possible. You would be surprised how much can be done with one halftrack or half-squad running around behind the attacker. Of course, this is dependent on all the...
  5. ToxicShock

A8.2 & A24.1 RFP & Smoke grenades

Thanks for the quick answer.
  6. ToxicShock

A8.2 & A24.1 RFP & Smoke grenades

Do infantry take a residual attack if they attempt to place Smoke in a location containing residual from an adjacent location?
  7. ToxicShock

KGP SSR7: Single-Lane Roads

Greetings All, I have cross-posted this from the ASLML because I am interested in how the players here interpret this particular SSR. My POV is that I consider the SLRs to be very restricted and that if the road hexside is not there you cannot pivot the VCA. Comrades...
  8. ToxicShock

CyberASL Open VI thread

Not 64.... :laugh:
  9. ToxicShock

Name That Prize Contest!

Undaunted Pommies,or (Desert) Fox Hunter
  10. ToxicShock

Which Product Would You Prefer Released First?

Get that damned last core module out FIRST!
  11. ToxicShock

Possible changes to the way WARS computes ladder standings

What is the point of scoring in the ladder when the ratings will not be reset or recalculated? Also, don't forget that the staff likes to give freebie points for whatever reason. So, in the end, the ladder does not reflect anyone's ability or experience and should be treated accordingly.
  12. ToxicShock

Historical Study for ANZAC

You can check out Tropic Thunder by HoB: http://www.heatofbattle.com/tt.htm
  13. ToxicShock

Tacticians or Lawyers?

Now we're getting to the essence of the matter. What really intrigues me about this game is the exceptional circumstances that appear in a match. For example, how many times will a player have to remember the rules for an exceptional situation (climbing, swimming, unarmed in CC, infiltration, CC...
  14. ToxicShock

Tacticians or Lawyers?

Ah yes, the PMC. Load of rubbish. If you can break your opponent's cardboard and your cardboard can pass their MCs, you are winning.
  15. ToxicShock

Ladder Update - September 2004

The example of awarding medals/ribbons based on ladder points. When the change was implemented in the ladder, the points were not recalculated or reset to zero. So, the situation exists whereby the numbers are skewed because all the ladder points are now based on the length of the match compared...
  16. ToxicShock

How long have you been playing ASL/SL?

They died before voting?
  17. ToxicShock

Ladder Update - September 2004

This is a good example for recalculating the points earned when the ladder was changed over.
  18. ToxicShock

Tacticians or Lawyers?

I would say that the most important part of an ASL game is learning from your mistakes.