Search results

1. larth

Looking for f-t-f opponent in Hamburg, Germany

Nothing planned at this time, I believe. Due to travelling almost every week, an (for me) extra ordinary amount, ASL has been in coma for me this year...
  2. larth

ASLOK 2017, too early for woofing?

Way to go! ;-) Seems like this ASLOK is as good as always.
  3. larth

Vasl Night League Year Two 2015-2016 16 players wanted Inquire within

John and I are getting closer to the end of Disaster on the Dniepr loop and with 1.5 turns remaining, it should be done in the next session. The Russians are all over the map - and outside of it - scrambling for the VC areas.
  4. larth

Overlay Pack

Thanks, very useful!
  5. larth

Why did I get exactly one Finnish leader in Yanks (2)?

Chas & Perry decided that JR's success in killing two (three?) Malmström Finnish Heroes at Winter War (when HP was released) required a reward. ;-)
  6. larth

Official HASLs & CGs in the works

No worries, I am also used to "edit first post" from another forum, but apparently it was disabled here since posters were editing old posts to say something completely different.
  7. larth

Official HASLs & CGs in the works

Also it is not possible to edit old posts after a while. At least not on the old forum.
  8. larth

New scenario: Lock of Finland (Finlands Lås)

Rhett, sorry for the typo on the Swedish/English name; I meant that spelling was different from the one used in scenario 170. Hannu, the text in the book mentioned gave the impression he was part of it, if not disregard the suggestion.
  9. larth

New scenario: Lock of Finland (Finlands Lås)

Nice scenario on a key battle in 1944! Comments (and really nitpicking with some of these): Change spelling of "Viborg" to "Vyborg" (Swedish like ASL scenario 170 - same unit same day!) or "Viipuri" (Finnish) Reading up a little in "Krigsvägar - Finlandssvenska Förband 1939-1940" (Lars...
  10. larth

Female ASL players

You're my man, Dave! :cool: Good to see you here an looking forward to the next BBQ.
  11. larth

What boardgames have you played recently?

Two games of Warhammer 40K. And lost both badly...
  12. larth

Hakkaa Päälle! Errata and FAQ

Will be collecting an unofficial list here. Hopefully the errata stays very short! :bite: Errata Chapter B: on Chapter B replacement page B43, Footnote 3A should be Footnote 3B, and new Footnote 3A from the Journal 10 Debriefing should be added. H190 reference to rule E7.312. This should...
  13. larth

New members introduce yourself here

Hi Russ, welcome back! Cool to see you and maybe, who knows, push some counters in the future? :toast: cheers, Lars
  14. larth

What boardgames have you played recently?

Warhammer 40K (with my kids) Amoeba (w/ family) Bridge (w/ relatives) Settlers of Catan: Aufbruch der Händler (map depicts Europe) (w/ friends) Those Pesky Humans (w/ family)
  15. larth

The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

I disagree. If you visit England there are a number of excellent Indian restaurants to be found. :)
  16. larth

The Ethics of Scenarios With SS

It is covered by A.2 and footnote 1! :) Everything else is just rules to apply.
  17. larth

Preferred Screen Resolution

1920 x 1200, 23" LCD
  18. larth

ASL Scenario Hall of Fame

Top ten Hope it is not to late! Here are mine: A113 Then Things Got Worse A61 Shoestring Ridge BB10 Surrender or Die G43 Awakening of Spring H Escape from Velikuyie Luki J19 Merzenhausen Zoo J22 Oh Joy! SP11 Pomerainan Tigers SP76 Flaming the Guard T7 Hill 253.5 I...
  19. larth

JASL thoughts...

JASL for learning ASL Hi, as already said JASL is not the easiest way to learn ASL. The biggest advantages over VASL currently is that it plays with just the computer, you don't need an internet / network connection and that it automatically shows the error of your ways with a rules...
  20. larth

Another crack at a Squad Leader computer game

Darrel, Right! - (unashamed plug) you might want to have a look at JASL. URL is in the sig below. And yes, the AI is not challenging for more than casual play. :-) Anyway, the second and final beta of the next release is about to be posted on http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/jasluser...