Search results

1. Paul S NJ

FT101 - Fire and Ice

Played this fun scenario with Vince Lewonski at Jim Brackin's annual Bunker Bash. It's always a pleasure to see Jim and the gang there and Jim organizes a terrific get-together. I was the attacking Germans in Yugoslavia in winter, 1943. 6 SS 468 with two Flame Char-B's attack along a...
  2. Paul S NJ

AP164 Sparrow Force

Played this nice PTO scenario with Ron Duenskie this week. Took us four hours of game time. IJA has ten 1st line squads (four striped) defending a hut village on a hill. The defense also has a 70 INF gun and an MMG with crews. The crews give an extra squad of HIP as crews count for the HIP...
  3. Paul S NJ

AP164 VC

The VC in Sparrow force are a bit confusing to me. VC #1 is control 6 hut hexes and hexes J9 and I11 VC #2 is 8 hut hexes and hexes J9/I11. Question- Does the slash in the 2nd one mean J9 or I11?
  4. Paul S NJ

AP163 Dingoes at Damour

Enjoyed this tournament sized scenario from the Aussie Action Pack. My first Asl game since November! 12 Aussie 447 with two Mark VI (10 CMG, 1 armor) plus three carriers vs 10 Vichy 457 plus a 75* gun (AP5) reinforced with two AC's turn 2 (with 37* and 4 lmg). The vichy set up in a cluster of...
  5. Paul S NJ

DB156 - To the Neman

Played the nice tourney sized scenario today with Ron Duenskie. It was designed by Stephen Johns of the bunker crew. 12 russian 447's with 3 45L Ba-6 AC's attack a village crossroads in 1941 held by 6 467's with a 37L ATG and with two 20L AC's reinforcing. The Russians have plenty of time...
  6. Paul S NJ

sD in action

A nice photo of an AFV's smoke discharges being used.
  7. Paul S NJ

Bridge at Remagen on amazon prime

The movie Bridge at Remagen has been added to amazon prime. I love the opening music and it has some good battles scenes. Lots of fun scenery chewing too. ? Paul
  8. Paul S NJ

AP139 Emergency Surgery

AP139 Emergency Surgery vs Bob Bendis Since I was playing for fun I agreed to play Bob as the defending germans in this new action pack scenario. It has ten squads with a 75* Inf gun defending against 6 337 partisans and 7.5 US squads transported by two ROF2 OT TD, two OT AC, two halftracks...
  9. Paul S NJ

AP143 Late for Chow and J123 Charging Chaumont

Round 4 - AP143 Late for Chow vs Jeff Wasserman I offered to dice for sides but Jeff wanted to bid. I bid G1 and Jeff bid G3. I took an extra 546 with the reinforcements and increased my SAN (who never impacted the game). Analysis This features 12 tough 548’s with four mg’s and four leaders...
  10. Paul S NJ

DB147 Bandits and Bolsheviks and AP142 The Closer

Had another great time at Albany 2019! Many thanks to Joe for his always outstanding raffle and to Steve for organizing a wonderful event. Thanks to my most excellent opponents with whom I had a great time this year. All were of the highest caliber in skill and sportsmanship. Also thanks to...
  11. Paul S NJ

D6 - Draconian Measures

Draconian Measures - D6 features a strong combined arms 1943 germans fighting the width of a deluxe city board. They have a choice of achieving one of three VC, while not losing too many AFV. I played my buddy Ron Duenskie in this classic deluxe scenario to prepare for a match with Dan...
  12. Paul S NJ

Ukrainian Army Commercial- 'the shovel'

Interesting commercial for the infantry in Ukraine. Pretty grim. Thought this crowd would enjoy it. Paul
  13. Paul S NJ

RPT 150 Diggers at Chongju

Ron Duenskie and I played RPT150 Diggers at Chongju today. It took an hour to set up (digging out counters and re-reading Korea rules) and four hours to play. We both liked it. Extra Korean rules are minimal and pretty simple. It has ten squads and three dug in T34’s vs 16 458s and 5...
  14. Paul S NJ

12.7 DI attempts?

In C5.71 it says MG's may not attempt Deliberate Immobilization, while 'ordnance' can. It's clear that ATR's can and .50 cal SW/AFV MG's can't. The question is are 12.7 MA/Guns allowed to make DI attempts? FYI - they are clearly described as MG's in the vehicle/gun notes. Thanks, Paul PS-...
  15. Paul S NJ

12.7 DI attempts?

In C5.71 it says MG's may not attempt Deliberate Immobilization, while 'ordnance' can. It's clear that ATR's can and .50 cal SW/AFV MG's can't. The question is are 12.7 MA/Guns allowed to make DI attempts? FYI - they are clearly described as MG's in the vehicle/gun notes. Thanks, Paul PS-...
  16. Paul S NJ

Brief Gettysburg AAR - True Grit, Ragnorak, Art of Dying, Amer. Suka and Coal in their Stockings

Had an awesome time at John Dober's Gettysburg get together. The highlight was just having fun with some great guys; including scotch, cigars, Terraforming Mars, lots of laughs and some tipsy solutions to the world's problems. Also enjoyed visiting my favorite miniature store near the...
  17. Paul S NJ

FT201 Communication Breakdown - Deluxe

Had a fun game of FT201 Communication Breakdown from the LFT deluxe pack. The seven(!) new maps are awesome and interesting. The only question for us was that the gully has blue on the bottom of it. We played it as a gully though. This scenario has 9-2 led 14.5 Gurkha 457/458s with two FT, a...
  18. Paul S NJ

RPT 121 Fireball!

Played this yesterday with Gary Mei. 1945 Germans defend with a Tiger I and 7.5 assorted low quality squads (ELR2) with two leaders, a MMG and a PSK. They need to have a good order MMC adjacent to one of three roadblocks in the city center of board 53 after only 4.5 turns (yes, typical...
  19. Paul S NJ

NJ Ferocity Fest - FrF 98 Amerikanskaya Suka

Hi Folks, We're having a Ferocity Fest (the concept belongs to Rick and the Texas crew, they were kind enough to let us borrow it) using Friendly Fire scenario 98. I played a fun game of this with Brian Wiersma at Albany in DEC and think it has lots of replay value due to the crazy 14 AFV melee...
  20. Paul S NJ

Albany AAR -2018 Sidhu

Had another great time at Albany 2018! Many thanks to Joe for his always outstanding raffle and to Steve for organizing a wonderful event. Thanks to my most excellent opponents with whom I had a great time this year. Had some nice dim-sum and good meals/chats with fellow gamers during the...