Search results

1. DVexile

Concealed Leader DRM use to aid MC from an IFT attack...

Situation: 12FP attack against concealed leader in a FH and unconcealed MMC outside the FH Single IFT DR of 8 causes no effect on concealed leader in FH (Final DR 10 on 6 column), but a 1MC on the MMC outside the FH (Final DR 8 on 12 column) Leader wishes to use his DRM to help the MMC pass its...
  2. DVexile

Only IFT MCs can Pin?

So I just noticed this for the first time: A7.8 PIN: Pinning (7.305) also occurs whenever any unit is attacked resulting in an IFT MC that is passed by rolling the highest DR possible that still results in a passed MC. As written this would mean that MCs due to WP, Panji, FPF, etc. would not...
  3. DVexile

“Enemy-occupied” by only dummies, strip concealment at night?

The rulebook appears to never define “occupied” or “enemy-occupied” but it does seem to make a distinction between “enemy-occupied” and “Known-enemy-occupied”. With that in mind, what happens when a cloaked/concealed unit bumps a dummy stack at night? E1.31 LOSS: An Infantry unit loses...
  4. DVexile

RFP & Wire: Move beneath wire “simultaneous”?

A unit enters a hex with wire and is DFF’d at on entry which leaves residual FP. At this point the unit is on top of the wire. If the unit then makes a dr to attempt to move below the wire would it now be subject to an RFP attack for the MF associated with moving beneath the wire? I am...
  5. DVexile

Number of Dummy counters for Night Scenario Defender

E1.2 SCENARIO DEFENDER: The Scenario Defender in a night scenario may use HIP to set up 25% (FRU) of his onboard squad-equivalents (using squads and HS only [EXC: Japanese include crew MMC also]) and any SMC/SW that set(s) up with them in the same Location. The Scenario Defender may set up his...
  6. DVexile

Everything DASL for $49 total this weekend...

Kind of an insane deal at MMP's fall sale, if like me you've mostly written off DASL as not "worth it": Deluxe ASL (8 map boards, 38 scenarios, 8 overlay sheets) - $25 WOBP 9 (4 map boards, 5 scenarios) - $15 WOBP 13 (3 map boards, 4 scenarios) - $9 So that's 15 map boards, 47 scenarios, and 8...
  7. DVexile

BFP E hex N5 a Two-Story House or not?

The printed version of BFP E has what appears to be a Single-Hex Two-Story House (B31.3) in hex N5, as it has a large white center dot in it. The VASL board, however, has a standard sized dot. Anyone know which it is suppose to be?
  8. DVexile

Level 1 LOS over same hex Bocage hexside?

Does a unit in Level 1 of K5 have LOS to K3, J3, or I4? I think the RAW in B9.52 and B9.521 imply no, but I'm not sure.
  9. DVexile

Woods-Road vs Sunked Road VCA costs...

A little help for a newish player who transitioned from SK please! In SK Woods-Road is easy, you are always on a road and you treat movement costs as if you were on the road except for the wreck penalty which is doubled like in full ASL. Thus, VCA changes in Woods-Road are always just 1 MF...
  10. DVexile

B14.6 Orchard Road Hindrance

B14.6 How much hindrance from the 467 to the 666? A) +1 total. +1 for CC20 because the LOS does not stay within the road in CC20, but 0 for all the other orchard road hexes because the LOS stays within the confines of the road in those hexes. B) +6 total (no LOS at all). +1 for every orchard...
  11. DVexile

Orchard Road Hindrance...

14.6 ORCHARD ROAD: ... Hindrance rules do not apply apply to such hexes if that portion of the LOS from firer to target within those hexes never leaves the confines of the road depiction regardless of the relative elevations of the firer/target; in such cases, the -1 FFMO DRM applies to Infantry...
  12. DVexile

Anyone played BFP Operation Neptune CG?

Curious if anyone has tried the Operation Neptune CG (the BFP one released last year)? Doesn’t seem to be an entry for it on the scenario archive and can’t find any mention on the forums of folks playing it. Thanks in advance!
  13. DVexile

Ignore original rout destination when seeing new KEU?

The Russian unit at the start of its rout must declare I8 as its destination as the 548 is not in LOS and thus is not a KEU. The Russian routs first to H7 at which point the 548 is now in LOS and becomes a KEU. The newly seen 548 does not prevent the Russian from continuing to I8, but can the...
  14. DVexile

Right click menu identifies real vs dummy AFVs...

It appears the implementation for the "Bad Things" menu and the "CVP Modifiers" menu allows one to distinguish between a real concealed AFV and a Dummy stack simply by right clicking the counter. It is worth noting that the "Depleted Ammo" menu does not behave this way. I'm going to try to dig...
  15. DVexile

VASL/VASSAL Coding/Module editing - Property for concealment?

Apologies if this is a dumb developer question, but I've only been poking at this for a couple of hours and it seems that the VASL module uses its own specially coded trait for concealment. I'm a little lost and didn't see the immediate answer to my question in the file concealment.java I'd...
  16. DVexile

Units Pinned in Bombardment stay Pinned through first Player Turn?

We think we got this one right, but wanted to check if we missed something since it is a little weird that broken unit would have the chance to Rally in the RPh (albeit under DM) but the Pinned unit would be stuck Pinned unit the CCPh of the first player turn. C1.82 EFFECTS ...Otherwise, all...
  17. DVexile

Bug: Malf CMG/BMG/AAMG shows on concealed AFVs...

Looks like an information leak bug (VASSAL 3.6.7/VASL 6.6.5). What the owner sees (correct): What the opponent sees (not good):
  18. DVexile

Does FH exit count for Advance vs Difficult Terrain?

A4.72 vs DIFFICULT TERRAIN: An advance into any hex whose MF cost (excluding SMOKE) is ≥ four MF or all of a unit’s available non-Double Time MF allotment... Just trying to parse the language here. One way of reading the above is that what matters is the cost of entry for a hex, but that any...
  19. DVexile

Unarmed halftrack w/inherent driver VBM Freeze (e.g. SPW 251/2 w/MTR removed)?

This would seem the ultimate in "sleaze freeze" if it is allowed: German Vehicle Note 59. SPW 250/7 & 251/2 ... The mortar's range is 2-60, and is removed dm (A9.8), leaving the vehicle with an inherent driver. ... D5.1 ... All unarmed vehicles are manned only by an Inherent Driver who never...
  20. DVexile

Bombardment Rubble creation DOES eliminate AFVs?

Looking for opinions on whether we are doing this correctly. AFV sets up in a Stone Building which is subject to Bombardment. The building fails its NMC (C1.822) and is converted to rubble. Is the AFV immediately eliminated or does it still need to do its own NMC (C1.821) to check for...