Search results

1. DVexile

Second HASL after RF, need some help.

You have many excellent suggestions from others already. That said, if you want Japanese and like Philippine history then presumably you will want SaFM eventually. And this is the problem. HASLs pretty much never get reprinted (RF being the unusual exception). So if you think you may want...
  2. DVexile

Help! In the middle of the game.... Ordnance Area Fire C.4

It isn’t halved because instead it takes the Case K +2 TH modifier. In general penalties apply either on the TH or on the IFT/TK but not both. EDIT: As zgrose mentions there are of course already the effects of ATT. Here I was only referring to the effects of concealment.
  3. DVexile

DZ:SME CG3, Night scenario

It sounds like you might be confusing two rules (and it is a bit confusing). E1.4 CLOAKING: Only the Scenario Attacker uses Cloaking. Scenario Attacker/Defender The Scenario Defender is the side that sets up wholly or partly on-board and does not have to capture terrain (on other than its...
  4. DVexile

Dispatch #57 was transmitted today.

Was very excited to see the first of Carl's articles on the desert! Can't wait for 58 and 59 to round out the trilogy. Hopeful his article series might revitalize some interest in desert since I'd really like to play some!
  5. DVexile

When do we get lice counters?

New optional rule for Red Barricades: O.3 LICE: Players can save the chads from clipping the corners of the included counters to implement this optional rule. On any Wind Change DR that is doubles the ATTACKING player must pour a teaspoon of chads into their hair.
  6. DVexile

Pimping ASL- how to get new people to play

This is the correct answer. ASLSK1 is actually an amazing gateway product. The scenarios are extremely well balanced and fun. The one problem is the rule book, which is neither a reference nor programmed instruction and thus fails at serving either kind of user. But there are gobs of...
  7. DVexile

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

Indeed. In comparison Armies of Oblivion is still at 263 after all this time, which makes sense as it only very recently went out of print. There are even still a few in stock at retailers. Doomed Battalions on the other hand has been unobtainium forever! A lot of pent up demand.
  8. DVexile

B30.5

Really B30.5 and A10.51 already says all you need it to. Substituting PB into A10.51 as instructed: If no non-ignorable PB Location can be reached during that RtPh... A full PB Location is not reachable. I think that's the end of the story right there, actually no need to reference the Q&A...
  9. DVexile

B30.5

I think @EagleIV has it correct based on A10.51 and further clarified by a Q&A: A10.51: …If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RtPh, a broken unit may rout to any terrain hex consistent with the above restrictions and need not rout toward the nearest...
  10. DVexile

Doomed Battalions 4th on Preorder

I don’t know that there is any compelling reason to upgrade from v3 to v4. But the thing has been unavailable for so long that there are likely plenty of folks like me who never had the opportunity to buy it and would have happily bought a straight reprint. That there are some minor...
  11. DVexile

Low Crawl from In a Foxhole into Bamboo (A10.52 and G 3.2)

Not an answer to your question, but as you may already be aware there is at least a Q&A that says a unit may not exit an Entrenchment and make a Minimum Move at the same time. And there is a Q&A asking if you can use Minimum Move during RtPh to which the answer is “no, you must use Low Crawl”...
  12. DVexile

Pillbox and Sunken/Elevated Road

Gully is specifically NA based on a Q&A, so I suppose one could argue equivalence with the sunken road. But that’s trying to apply reality which is generally not all that productive when it comes to ASL rules! Entrenchments aren’t allowed in either, maybe that’s what they are remembering? I...
  13. DVexile

Doomed Battalions (4th Ed) Preorder from MMP

9, 11, and 33 shall finally be reprinted!
  14. DVexile

How to play faster ASL

Any yet strangely, this guy definitely would...
  15. DVexile

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Glad he is safe! Best wishes for a smooth recovery. I hope with time he comes to peace with whatever impacts it may have on his chosen career path. Sometimes life nudges us in a direction we wouldn't have chosen but ends up better. It would have been nice in this case if the nudge hadn't...
  16. DVexile

Broken unit under a halftrack ADJACENT to enemy with no rout options

So this is definitely FTR as you said, but to be pedantic having or not having a rout destination of buildings/woods is neither here nor there: A10.51 …If no non-ignorable building/woods Location can be reached during that RtPh, a broken unit may rout to any terrain hex consistent with the...
  17. DVexile

Number of Dummy counters for Night Scenario Defender

Today I stumbled across a Q&A that I somehow missed originally which directly addresses this and confirms everyone’s conclusion: E1.2 & E1.411 The Chapter E Clarification for these rules makes reference to squad equivalents in at-start OB for HIP/dummy concealment/-Cloaking. Is this FRU or FRD...
  18. DVexile

Concealed Leader DRM use to aid MC from an IFT attack...

Situation: 12FP attack against concealed leader in a FH and unconcealed MMC outside the FH Single IFT DR of 8 causes no effect on concealed leader in FH (Final DR 10 on 6 column), but a 1MC on the MMC outside the FH (Final DR 8 on 12 column) Leader wishes to use his DRM to help the MMC pass its...
  19. DVexile

Sniper activation by a dummy stack MC

A12.14 …The owning player can voluntarily remove any concealment at any time during his or his opponent's Player Turn [EXC: between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated]. Sounds like you can voluntarily remove it before the MC roll.
  20. DVexile

Can a Hero manning a MG use the MG to interdict

As a relatively new player I really appreciate the eASLRB as search is so critical in a rulebook that often hides critical rules in the third to last sentence of a half column long paragraph about a different topic! The Index helps of course, but isn’t comprehensive.