Search results

1. S

DC Conscripts Game Day -- Sunday, January 29th

All, The next DC Conscripts Gameday is scheduled for next SUNDAY (not our usual Saturday date) at Kingstowne Center for Active Adults (6488 Landsdowne Center, Alexandria, VA 22315). We are piggybacking on the Kingstowne Gamer's game day. Doors open at 830am, though I will certainly not be...
  2. S

NATO Symbols

Does anyone have a file of all NATO Symbols as images? Ideally, I'd like .gif of all the different NATO symbols, but I'll take any image symbols at this point. I downloaded a couple of files off the internet that I can create them from, but I'm trying to save myself some time. Thanks, Brian
  3. S

Blue - Tourney Rd 1 - Against Rob C.

Ok, here's the beginning of my aar. I'm going to try to give you an idea of what I was thinking...so don't laugh too hard. I'm still learning this operational stuff. I tend to be fairly aggressive and try to find the path my opponent will least expect. Sometimes this works...sometimes it...
  4. S

Gun Info

One more question: I'm looking through Jane's Armour and Artillery and I come across a main armament that says 100mm rifled. How/where do I get information to create this gun to add to my AFV (other than just copying an already existing 100mm in the db? Thanks, Brian
  5. S

Turret Kill Odds

How do the turret kill odds work? Is a vehicle killed differently with a turret hit vs. hull hit? Does having all weapons zeroed out for turret kill-odds increase a vehicles survival rate? Thanks, Brian
  6. S

Uploading Scenarios

I just need to do the OpOrd and Sittemp before I upload my new scenario. One quick question -- Along with uploading all of the files for the actual scenario, I need to upload the database where I added the new mujahideen units. Is that correct? Thanks, Brian
  7. S

Missing Dismounts

Ok...I'm in trouble again. All of my dismounts, though showing up in the unit hierarchy as being mounted in vehicles, do not show up on map in the game (or in the scenario editor for that matter). When I double click in the unit hierarchy view to find the icon, the box highlights an invisible...
  8. S

Event Boxes and Timed stops

Hey guys, I got my first event box up and running in my scenario and I'm pretty excited about that. Hopefully I'll be able to get this puppy out in the near future or at least in my lifetime. I have a couple of questions for you though: 1. Can you have multiple event boxes in one...
  9. S

Using Neutrals as spotters

Can you use neutrals to serve as spotters/observers for a side? The mujahideen often used men dressed as civilians (no weapons) to serve as observers. Is this something that can be done in ATF? Thanks, brian
  10. S

Map editing question

A basic question on the Afghanistan Maps...when I zoom in, there are a ton of blue symbols throughout the map. What are these? Thanks, Brian
  11. S

ATF: Trenches

Is there anyway to effectively model trenches in ATF? The Mujahideen obviously used trenches (and caves) to move out of harms way and into new fighting positions. My guess is this is well out of the scope of ATF, but thought I'd ask. Thanks, Brian
  12. S

Mujahideen OOB/TOE

Ok gentleman, I've created some Mujahideen units that I'd like to run by you to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. They are: Fire Team 4xAKM 7.62 AT Team 1xRPG-7 1xAKM 7.62 MG Team 1xDShK 3xAKM 7.62 82mm Mortar Team 1x82mm Mortar 3xAKM 7.62 60mm Mortar Team...
  13. S

ATF: 82mm Mortar

Guys, I'm working on my first scenario design and had a couple of questions for you. As background, I'm going to do a scenario based on the Russian-Afghan War based on a couple of books I have by Lester Grau. This is going to be a small first scenario, but hopefully once I get the hang of...
  14. S

ATF: Printing Maps

I wanted to print off a hard copy of the fulda gap map so I could sketch out a new scenario before working on it on the computer. Is there an easy way to do this? I've done print screen to Photoshop5, but the only way to get a decent printout is to save at a higher zoom rate. This means I...
  15. S

AAR - TDMS Traffic Stop (a little long)

I just finished playing DP's latest installment and really enjoyed it. Don't read this if you plan on playing this scenario soon...I don't want to ruin the fun for you. :) Except for a quick bathroom break, I kept the clock running continuously as requested. The mission is to hold a key...
  16. S

Pk and Ph numbers

When you're adding a new vehicle to the database, how do you determine Pk and Ph numbers? I know the original ATF Database was based on MILES II and SAWE numbers, but where do you get new weapon system numbers from? The same place or some other way? Thanks, Brian
  17. S

Colorado Wadi Attack AAR - Long

Before you start, I want to let you know this post is very long. :nuts: After reading everyone's posts on planning an attack, I worked up my own plan and went on the offensive. Despite losing almost my entire task force, I was actually fairly please with my performance. I also came a lot...
  18. S

Screen shot Save

Is there any way to save a screen shot? I just finished Fulda Gap 4 and thought I'd do an AAR. If not, I'll do the AAR without it. Something I'm sure all of you are looking forward to :p Brian
  19. S

Quick AAR of Defense of Afak and a couple of questions

Since I actually beat the bad guys this time, I thought I'd send out a quick AAR to see if anyone has any thoughts on different tactics for this scenario. You start with 2 Armor Platoons, 1 Mech Inf platoon, 2 Volcano mine layers, and 1 FIST. After 1.5-2 hours you get support from an Attack...