Search results

1. PhilC

Short lifespan - possibly

Many thanks! this is all valuable stuff and a very welcome learning aid . I was OK with the process in general but for some reason couldn't nail if the newly created leader suffered the same fate as his guys. After reading the above it seems pretty obvious. ... ASL, great way to stay humble :)...
  2. PhilC

Short lifespan - possibly

Hi could someone please help me out with an answer. Here's the situation - all units in a given location were eliminated during a single round of Melee, during which, a Leader was created. Here's the question - does the Leader die along with the rest of his buddies or is he the only one to...
  3. PhilC

Please hep me id this terrain

Many thanks Major D ... much appreciated.
  4. PhilC

Please hep me id this terrain

Not come across this terrain before and can find no reference to it. Hexs' in question U5 and V5 (from a winter scenario)
  5. PhilC

Can anyone help?

Many thanks Von Marwitz :-) just picking this up now. this is good stuff and much appreciated.
  6. PhilC

Can anyone help?

thank you Vinnie - forgive my ignorance with this stuff but I am assuming that the part I have emboldened is the path to change?... (its an age thing :))
  7. PhilC

Can anyone help?

as we seem to be on a bit of a roll :-) Is there a simple way to insert JPEGs or PDFs? again many thanks
  8. PhilC

Can anyone help?

Many thanks Pez. Even simpler. Thank you both.
  9. PhilC

Can anyone help?

What a perfect and well worded answer!! I just wish I had asked the question 18 months ago. Many thanks Johnl...very much appreciated.
  10. PhilC

Can anyone help?

When creating a label in VASL, the text does not wrap. Its the same when I type directly or copy and paste text. Any thoughts on how to fix this please? I'm using the latest version but it is the same with previous versions too. Many thanks
  11. PhilC

Table 2

Many thanks Eagle4ty that makes perfect sense... and I suppose, any unit suffering panic when rolling for the stack would just be dropped from the group action?
  12. PhilC

Table 2

thanks for that but just to clarify ...suppose the type was such that they all fell into priority 3 (all other infantry units), given that the stack consists of units of differing classes, should I make a roll for each infantry unit individually or as a stack?
  13. PhilC

Table 2

Would someone please confirm - when using Table A2, should I make a roll for each infantry unit individually or as a stack. Reason for question - I'm sure how to deal with multiple inf units in the same location with differing classes. Many thanks
  14. PhilC

VASL freezes

Running VASL 6.6.6 on VASSAL-3.6.17 (windows 11) results in VASL freezing whenever I save, Any ideas please? I have tried reinstalling but getting the same result. Many thanks
  15. PhilC

LOS (non hindrance) counter retention

Many thanks Scott that would have been an improvement but I have now sussed it :-). The VASL mod is easily edited to retain the counters while checking LOS, with a simple check box amendment. Makes V-SASL much less clunky. Oh Joy.
  16. PhilC

LOS (non hindrance) counter retention

Hi - it would be very handy while playing SASL, to retain visibility of all counters whilst checking LOS for multiple "?". Is this possible? (I'm aware of the ability to toggle hindrance counters) Many thanks
  17. PhilC

PhilC Learning Solitaire - Daft question #6

Regarding S7.1 ENEMY SELF RALLY: During the ENEMY RPh the player should attempt to Self Rally the two ENEMY MMC without a boxed broken morale that have the best chances of rallying. I'm probably guilty of inventing rules (again) but would someone please confirm.... are these the only two enemy...
  18. PhilC

PhilC Learning Solitaire - Daft question #5

Many thanks Scott, I thought as much but best to check as the AI is tough enough without potentially selling my self short with the rules.
  19. PhilC

PhilC Learning Solitaire - Daft question #5

Re leader command influence - 16.4 Each Good Order, unpinned, non-Captured FRIENDLY Personnel (non-armor) leader exerts his Command Influence into all Locations in his LOS within two hexes, as well as the Location he is in, at the moment his CMD DR is made. please confirm - In view of the bold...
  20. PhilC

Learning Solitaire - Daft question #4

...one again, many thanks for your input.