Search results

1. PresterJohn

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

Under the category of "Please sir, may I have some more": What about HIP units not in concealment terrain?
  2. PresterJohn

The wonderful "and/or" VC conditions.

I'm guessing it is FT261 The Battle of Algiers.
  3. PresterJohn

Swimming/Rafting

More likely when the swimmers reach the opposite side the officer asks "where are your weapons?" and the response of all private soldiers through the centuries is "the corporal said ...".
  4. PresterJohn

When I see the two faces in the VC, it seems to mean "<3 GO American Squad Equivalents(SE) in both buildings J4 and E5" and the French now win. I hope the game was fun regardless of who won and/or lost.
  5. PresterJohn

Swimming/Rafting

E6.1 says: Upon passing this TC, the Personnel unit must then use all of its MF allotment to enter an adjacent Water Obstacle during that MPh. "Must" seems pretty obligatory.
  6. PresterJohn

Okay so when I look at the victory conditions I see the candle stick.
  7. PresterJohn

I read it that you have 6.5 GO SE in J4 and E5 and the French lose. I also read it that you have 5 GO SE in J4 or E5 and the French lose again. I think the only way for the French to win would be for the VC to say "<3 GO American Squad Equivalents(SE) in both buildings J4 and E5". But it...
  8. PresterJohn

ASL Journal #14 "Sparrow force" CG balance

I found on Youtube a Periscope Film copy of "Timor Raiders" if anybody wants to see a few minutes of genuine informational "propaganda".
  9. PresterJohn

Human Wave and Predesignated Impulse Movement (A25.23 and D14.31)

When I look at D14.31 it does seem to be specifically saying it is okay to move one unit at a time in the "stack", the stack being the whole human wave, not just the stack of two counters which is part of the whole human wave. This is the same as you have read it and there don't seem be any Q&A...
  10. PresterJohn

TEM and Resid and Bypass

But you were playing.
  11. PresterJohn

TEM and Resid and Bypass

There is footnote 12 which may help understanding the designers intent.
  12. PresterJohn

Trail Break Using Armored Assault

A significant factor would be the space between the explosive and the track or wheel which caused the detonation, and the compressability of the snow in that space. The dissipation of the blast wave would be something tending towards a cube root of the thickness of the gap depending on how firm...
  13. PresterJohn

VASL-6.6.8 is released

I was doing my scenario setup on a bare board and added the scenario information table later. I was doing my play around testing with counters on a bare board. Usually board 2 or 3. The games I have played this week have had scenario information tables and have been fine (although the info...
  14. PresterJohn

VASL-6.6.8 is released

I note that without board zoomer, it does matter where you grab the counter. Grabbing in the lower half can make it awkward to drop in the centre of the hex (and would cause some issues when selecting counters from expanded stacks). Was this always the case? Grabbing near the top edge of an MMC...
  15. PresterJohn

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Try dark rum instead of scotch. When I first started playing around after the update I did notice the issue, and stacking was part of it, and also Vehicles were always offset a bit. But now that it has gone away I can't make it reoccur. I may have in the space of a week super-trained my mouse...
  16. PresterJohn

VASL-6.6.8 is released

I wonder if there is some settings which are not correct at install, but once you set Snap 2 then back to snap 1 it is resolved. I do recall the issue with aligning hexes and counters when my first task with the updated VASL was to set up a scenario, but I had already set snap 2 and played...
  17. PresterJohn

VASL-6.6.8 is released

In boardzoomer set it to snap 1 via the dropdown. There are nine snap-to locations inside the hex for "zoomed in" hexes so that you can position multiple counters in the hex. Or zoom in.
  18. PresterJohn

VASL won't load a map

So a map file is a zip file with no ".zip" on the end. And inside they have some .gif files amongst other things. VASL knows it a map when it is in the \boards directory. The .zip is not meant to be there. Is there some operating system differences in how files with no ending (the .zip is not...
  19. PresterJohn

Chat window text lines

I read the original question being about the "full rules" option rather than the roll number. Just checking.
  20. PresterJohn

Chat window text lines

I think that is turned off in Preferences -> chat window -> and then the options at the bottom.