Search results

1. Danno

2023 AAR

Happy New Year! With 2023 ended it is time to review the annual games in my record. Thanks to ROAR and Scenario Archive two great sites for tracking ASL games and stats. My goals and results for 2023 were as follows: Play 104 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. March Madness is sure to...
  2. Danno

March Madness 2024

March Madness Tournament, March 15-17, 2024 What: The March Madness 2024 tournament features multiple mini-tournaments and a Sweet Sixteen, single elimination tournament beginning Friday afternoon. Players play a qualifying game which needs to be completed by 4 PM on Friday. When: March 15-17...
  3. Danno

Omaha ASL tournament

Cellar Fighting in Omaha '23 (September 2-4) Greetings Fellow ASLers! The 2nd annual Cellar Fighting in Omaha will be held September 2-3 (Sat-Sun) and open wargaming on Sept 4 (Mon) from 10:00 AM to 8 PM. There will be a $10 entry fee payable upon 1st entry at the door on September 2nd or...
  4. Danno

2022 AAR

Happy New Year! With 2022 ended it is time to review the annual games in my record. This is thanks to ROAR and Scenario Archive two great sites for tracking ASL games and stats. My goals and results for 2022 were as follows: Play 120 ASL scenarios. Attend two ASL tournaments. We will be...
  5. Danno

March Madness 2023

In Person March Madness Tournament, March 17-19, 2023 What: The March Madness 2023 tournament features multiple mini-tournaments and a Sweet Sixteen, single elimination tournament beginning Friday afternoon. Players play a qualifying game which needs to be completed by 4 PM on Friday. When...
  6. Danno

ROAR updates?

ROAR has not updated new scenario packs since February (Hallow Legions 3). I have half a dozen scenarios to post. I seem to half remember a post (possibly on FB) that the host was going on an extended vacation. Does anyone have an update on the expected return date?
  7. Danno

2021 AAR

Happy New Year everyone! 2021 is finished and my ASL journey continues. I played 150 scenarios this year! With 60 wins (a new record) and 90 losses. My primary opponent with 110 scenarios was Grumble Jones. Here is a look at the goals I had for 2021: Play 100 scenarios. Attend one ASL...
  8. Danno

Annual 6

Anyone know the status of this product?
  9. Danno

March Madness 2021 Going Virtual

March Madness 2021 Virtual ASL Tournament What: March Madness 2021 will be a 5 (or 6) round single elimination tournament played over computer technology for 2021. We recommend using Skype, Google, Discord or other peer to peer video technology with the camera showing the dice glass and both...
  10. Danno

2020 AAR

Well 2020 is in the books. Happy New Year everyone! Here are the results of my ASL play in 2020. I had 153 total games! 43 wins, 108 losses and 2 draws. This is a new record number of scenarios played in a year. New record number of wins and new record number of losses. The trifecta of...
  11. Danno

Triple Digit Club

So on Today's ROAR record there are only 34 scenarios that both sides have won in the triple digits. With Mila 18 just joining the ranks. Interestingly all are official AH or MMP scenarios. Some may have made it with multiple printings. Here is the list: ASL 1 - Fighting Withdrawal - Finn...
  12. Danno

Shortest scenario?

What is the shortest scenario out there? Aachens Pall is 4 turns. any shorter?
  13. Danno

Overlay Pack suggestion (Dear MMP)

When the overlay pack is printed could we also get an alternate selection of 5/8 inch terrain counters. 15 counters would take the place of most 5-4-3-2-1 overlays. The counters can just be like PFZ counters with orchard, pond, open ground, etc. There could be an optional rule (by agreement...
  14. Danno

2019 AAR

I played 88 scenarios in 2019. I won 34, lost 52 and had 2 tie. This is below my average win record of 41%. There are several factors for this increase in scenarios lost. First I only played 10 scenarios before. Your chances of winning a scenario increase significantly if you have played it...
  15. Danno

Teutonic Terror 1-3?

Does anyone have these? Are they any good? What are the components? Have these been printed before?
  16. Danno

March Madness 2020

March Madness 2020 Kansas City, KS 20-22 March Friday 1200 Hours - Sunday 1800 Hours WEEKEND REGISTRATION $50 Pre-Registration $35 (Before March 1, 2020) Saturday only Registration is $25. Venue info: http://www.holidayinnexpressshawneeks.com Five round format, select from a group of...
  17. Danno

Local Tournament Attendance

I am noticing a drop in ASL players who live locally who do not attend a local tournament. While tournament attendance is up in the hobby. People who live in towns where tournaments happen do not attend. Why do we think this is and what attracts people to ASL tournaments?
  18. Danno

St. Louis Tournament

Here is the Grumble Jones St. Louis Tournament AAR: http://boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/2019-st-louis-asl-tournament_28.html
  19. Danno

J164 Aiding the Local Constabulary

Here is our playing of J164 Aiding the Local Constabulary (three player): http://boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/our-saturday-3-player-game-asl-scenario.html
  20. Danno

CW ASL #4 At Will! Fire!

Here is our playing of Civil War ASL Scenario #4 At Will! Fire! from Critical Hit: http://boxcarsagainaslblog.blogspot.com/2019/07/our-saturday-game-gettysburg-turning.html