Search results

1. sunoftzu

Objective:Schmidt Errata

On the CG Fortification Purchasing Table, Foxholes have notes (F) (I) and (S). (S) is obviously an error, as it essentially contradicts both (F) and (I) !!! :) John.
  2. sunoftzu

Sugarloaf Hill Playtesting Underway!!!

=AZWEb25vnhZ7ynlc59uXxNDKRQc_o2OWvUBX1Ox5yMkG-uiS8POWs48K51y1_Nrn8-Qt5d7R2g-EbwPpnoJiHmsNcoxWKGA1VLxVqaTMxcrEuaTsn7e1UsQfLFr0Tp-dsh-SJnatHGiJvIHtITBdhz2N&tn=-]K-R']Euan and I finished the first day (5/13) of "Sugar Loaf" (The Bitterest Day CG, still in PT). It's a complex CG to figure out, but a...
  3. sunoftzu

BFP: Objective Schmidt

Liang Xiao and I finished the 5PM date of our "Crushed In Kommersheidt" CG this evening. Both sides have 6 infantry companies, and just about all of them have suffered around 50% casualties. This date ended on turn 5, although my Germans just managed to come up with 6 building/rubble locations...
  4. sunoftzu

6 dates. 13-18 May.
  5. sunoftzu

Euan and I got another turn done of the 13 May CG date in the "Bitterest Day" CG. Americans got a ton of WP into play and moved their green masses forward. Nonetheless, the Japanese removed a few half-squads. The Marines have lost 6 half-squads so far.... John.
  6. sunoftzu

Liang Xiao and I have completed a couple of dates from the CG. (This was from January 17) Finished the 4PM date of (BFP's) "Crushed in Kommersheidt" CG. There are a total of 7 (AM/PM) dates from 4PM to 7PM. The weather was rain from American turn 1 until the end (American 5), and despite the...
  7. sunoftzu

Counter Storage recommendations

These boxes are available in Taiwan, not as cheap as they used to be, usually retailing for around NT$70 these day. But I fond that they do the job rather well..... Organization and Storage (666forum.com)
  8. sunoftzu

Euan and I finished the first turn of 13 May. The first few moves took a while for both of us to absorb, but after that, it got a a lot easier. I thought doing the Japanese moves was going to be fiddley, but really it is simply a case of doing one Cave Complex at a time. Most of the green mass...
  9. sunoftzu

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

Some interesting points here, and maybe you noticed (or possibly overlooked) that I didn't argue against the other conditions of C10.15, just the fact that there can be no change of CA.
  10. sunoftzu

Onslaught to Orsha 2 Errata

Quick question: In OtO-016 "Tangle At Tolochin", the Germans get a pair of 17cm K18 guns. According to their Ch H notes, these guns are RFNM, meaning that they can never change CA. That seems harsh for a gun which is on a 360 deg mount, and severely limits it's tactical use. Is that the...
  11. sunoftzu

Why are the German 15cm Kanone 18 and 17cm Kanone 18 RFNM (C10.25) when they have a 360 deg mounting ?

Yep, one I am soon to play, as it turns out. OtO-16 "Tangle At Tolochin" I also read that this gun was used in direct fire situations, so I am starting to think that the C10.25 restrictions are a bit over the top. John.
  12. sunoftzu

Why are the German 15cm Kanone 18 and 17cm Kanone 18 RFNM (C10.25) when they have a 360 deg mounting ?

17cm Kanone 18 (17cm K18) (militaryfactory.com) These guys seem to suggest that it had quite a fast traverse.
  13. sunoftzu

...longer than an ASL scenario, apparently........... if you're prepared to take the ASL specifics literally.
  14. sunoftzu

It would seem that "NM" (C10.26) is reasonable, given the very slow setup time. But to categorically disallow a gun with a 360 deg mounting firing outside of their CA seems too harsh. John.
  15. sunoftzu

Euan and I got the "Bitterest Day" CG going this afternoon. Moving into the great wide open is complex (for both of us - I have to constantly figure out what the Marines can/cannot see). It's been a bunch of skirmish infantry moves thus far, a HS at a time........ ' John. (Hurray, the map...
  16. sunoftzu

Euan and I finished our scenario of BD-006 "Bitterest Day" today. Overall, turn 6 was a good one for the USMC, thanks largely to 2 well placed WP grenades and an M4A1 Sherman which tore away some wire in AA16, which really opened up the gate for my marines. After 2 more caves got eliminated in...
  17. sunoftzu

Euan and I resumed after a bit of a break (he got Covid). We have now completed 6 full turns. The marine presence on Sugar Loaf Hill looks like it is there to stay, so the Japanese look to be focusing on minimizing the marine presence on Half Moon Hill. 5 more caves will need to be destroyed...
  18. sunoftzu

After a bit of a hiatus, Euan and I resumed with BD-006 "Bitterest Day" today (his evening, my afternoon). We have now completed 4 turns, so just over half way. The Americans have a decent toehold on 'Sugar Loaf Hill', but are yet to establish themselves in any secure strength on 'Half Moon...
  19. sunoftzu

(BFP) "Crushed At Kommersheidt" CG

German player: John Knowles. American player: Xiao Liang. I cannot download the map here, so please visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628719720726712 Finished the 4PM date of (BFP's) "Crushed in Kommersheidt" CG. There are a total of 7 (AM/PM) dates from 4PM to 7PM. The weather...
  20. sunoftzu

Just completed turn 1 of the first day of the CG. I got Civilian Interrogation on turn 1, and the rain started in American turn 1. As German, I have 72 squads, and I would guess that the Americans have around 33.