Search results

1. J

Dorsosh vs Elvis The never ending story

I have learned from various WWII games that you never lead with armour unless you have to. You obviously are posting in hindsight but I would like to note that seeing armour advance alone does not mean that it is alone depending on the game and FOW. Carry on.
  2. J

Problem matching DEM/xdm Map to Paper Map

I've meddled with DEMs and these tools but not for this game. I'll give you some generic answers. When I go to the website to download a DEM, clicking the correct map square gives me a DEM for the next square over. I've had to figure out the incorrect square to click to get the correct DEM. The...
  3. J

Demo Live

Downloading now but very slow.
  4. J

C2 and Relative Sighting

In x1 we had borg sighting, one sees, all see. PCO has relative sighting, each unit sees only what it sees but the player sees all. In CMBN with relative turned on, it sounds like a unit can see the enemy, then pass that on to other units so that they can see it too? Or is that just for...
  5. J

New DRM explained

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95785 4 activations per year.
  6. J

QB AAR rockpapershotgun

Here http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/25/norman-conquest-a-combat-mission-battle-for-normandy-aar/
  7. J

Wego?

I feel like babbling so feel free to beat me up after. I've played CMx1, PC, Flashpoint Germany, demo for TacOps and CMSF 1.0 Over the life of PC I have stated that CMx1 is a sim an PC is a game. Some people disagree with me and that's fine. My reasoning is that CM does things smoothly...
  8. J

December Screenshots CMN at BFC

Looks nice from the shots, TOW like. Big news is that the dev of Empires of Steel got the DRM removed from his game. Does this signal something for BFC or did they just not care about an indy game?
  9. J

Mapping Tools

Go to Microsoft and install Visual Basic C++ (search microsoft for that dll if you want to be sure)
  10. J

Upgrading from ME to XP

I built the next two boxes but don't know about building the next one. It is getting to the point like buying auto parts to build an auto. You get what you want but don't save any money. Scott, we need more info on his box. IIRC W98 ME can only recognise a certain amount of RAM and HDD gigs...
  11. J

Upgrading from ME to XP

I had a HP computer that came with ME, PIII 1.0 cpu, 128 ram. I bought the XP upgrade disc. Min req was 128 ram. It never worked well. XP needs 256 ram and 512 is better. If/when I had to reformat/replace HDD, I first had to use the HP restore discs to get the computer running, then run the...
  12. J

DGVN Cuban Missile Crisis

I made a scenario for Divided Ground with the Vietnam mod. It is a fictional battle pitting the USA against the Soviets and Cuban militias in October of 1962 during the Cuban Missile Crisis. It includes a mod for use with JSGME mod swapper. Human vs Human only. I couldn't get the AI to do...