Search results

1. Vinnie

When do you remove TI counters

The end of THE CCPh or the end of that players CCPh? 8.43B. • Remove all TI [EXC: Ammo Replenishment (E10.3); Animal-Pack (G10.11)] and Pin counters. • 4.8 TEMPORARILY IMMOBILIZED (TI): TI status is incurred by Infantry engaged in various tasks requiring prolonged effort...
  2. Vinnie

Gun set up

Interesting question came up last night playing Canicatti. On the board edge is a level 3 hex rising from level 1. Can a gin set up there? It cannot be accessed by a toeing vehicle and woukd cost 8mf to push a gun up there. Given these are M10 guns, it would be possible to push them up, given...
  3. Vinnie

Talk on Kohima

There will be a lecture on Kohima at the National Army museum. 20th April https://www.nam.ac.uk/whats-on/kohima-britains-greatest-battle-0
  4. Vinnie

Set up an old TV for VASL.

5. Vinnie

Bog in Prep Fire Phase

My StuG in a building decides to change VCA and fire in prep fire He fails the Bog check and is Bogged. Is he marked Prep fired? If not, is he able to move in the Movement Phase?
  6. Vinnie

Continuos Slope

I have a MMG in first floor of H3. Can I lay a firelane to H6?
  7. Vinnie

Board Edge LOS

Never thought about this before. Is there LOS between Q6 and Q12? The obstacles do not and cannot appear on both sides of the LOS string.
  8. Vinnie

Paradrop drift on double wide boards

How is this handled? We just took it that if you drew a not in use hexrow, you counted it as if it were in the bottom half of the map and took the point for random placement as the 15 hex rather thannthe 5. I.e., drew a S chip. Placed the counter on B15.
  9. Vinnie

Prisoners and KIA

Recently captured a squad of guys and my dastardly opponent fired on me (typical of someone who will refuse surrender). This got me thinking of what would happen on a k or Kia result. Are the prisoners a valid recipient of the random selection? I.e., on a 1KIA could it result in the prisoners...
  10. Vinnie

FFE:C

Turn 3 and my FFE:2 is converted used in my turn and flipped to an FFE:C. In my opponents movement phase, an enemy unit enters the blast area. Is it affected?
  11. Vinnie

Split level buildings and movement from ground to ground

I am thinking about a split level building B23.72. I have always assumed you could move from ground level to ground level without going upstairs provided you "bypass" the outside a la a rowhouse. Similarly, you could advance between the two with the risk of losing concealment or being CX if...
  12. Vinnie

WP and multiple levels

A building has units on ground and first floor. A mortar has line of sight to both. A WP critical hit is achieved. Given the WP is laid at ground level, us the critical hit resolved only against the unit at ground level? Given the WP is laid in the ground level location, is the casualty MC only...
  13. Vinnie

CCversus a wreck.

I know that youcan shoot a wreck but can you CC it in the hopes of making a burning wreck to give you smoke cover?
  14. Vinnie

Burning wreck on road

The movement penalty of a wreck on a road is doubled. As per B3.42. Thus a tur k pays 2.5 MP yo enter such a hex. If the wreck is blazing, is the extra MP for smoke doubled as well? I.e., does the truck now pay 3.5 or 4.5 MP? Just to be bad, if this were a woods road, a BU tank pays what? 6 or 9?
  15. Vinnie

Were tanks left or right hand drive?

Same question with trucks. I'd assume they went with country of nanufacture but I don't recall seeing any tanks that were right hand drive.
  16. Vinnie

When, if ever, can you voluntarily turn a vehicle inyo a burning wreck.

It's the last turn of a scenario. My vehicle is in the hex of an enemy infantry unit. The enemy wins if they have a good order unit with line of sight to the road. If my guy survives CC, he's not in good order. If my guy is burning then he can't see. If he kills my in CC without burning, then he...
  17. Vinnie

Japanese SPAA

I notice the Japanese have no SPAA. It looks like they produced several truck versions. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/20_mm_AA_machine_cannon_carrier_truck As well as an armoured version. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_98_20_mm_AAG_tank
  18. Vinnie

ELR 5 underlined Ammo shortage

747 US squad under ammo shortage rolls a 12. What happens? Under A19.131, any unit incapable of replacement breaks. Under A19.13 an underlined unit EXC: A squad with an underscored Morale Factor is Replaced by its two broken HS (even if its ELR has dropped below 5); so I'm confident the result...
  19. Vinnie

Encircling with tanks

My poor weee squad has a tank to the left of him and a tank to the right. The left one fires his MGs and then MA which misses. Then the tank on the right fires MGs. Is he encircled?
  20. Vinnie

Hip advancing into concealment terrain

I have an hip unit. In my turn I advance him into adjacent concealment terrain retaining concealment. When is he placed on board concealed? When he enters the new hex. When he loses hip showing where he was originally hip?