Search results

1. M

DAK limitations

I just noticed my value for Nelson class is wrong. The attack strength should be 146. To supplement my other list, you may as well see this, though keep in mind Japanese ships' movement are in the 'Zero Hour' scale. France BBs Richelieu(2?) 6/6 146 -181 -66 (64) Dunkerque(2)...
  2. M

DAK limitations

IMO, in order to effectively represent sub warfare, there has to be a designated anti-submarine warfare value for units. In lieu of this, I don't see why the anti-armor value cannot be incorporated to represent this. It actually makes perverse sense that AC with good anti-armor would likewise be...
  3. M

The Bad News

Yes. I run XP. ODD crashes immediately now, though there were glitches when at first it ran(all AP strengths were multiplied by 8...strange). Bio-ed has a problem loading exe files. I get missing \graphics.bmp file messages and then can't open the unit categories. I'm still trying. If the...
  4. M

The Bad News

I'm sorry to hear that Wyatt! It's scary I know I've had quite a bit of work done and lost on my computer. Take a break. Eventually you'll get back to it better than ever. I'm working on a 2 scenario game designed to encompass EA and Zero Hour, though the navies will be completely re-done with...
  5. M

DAK limitations

Well I certainly understand why the limitations were put in place; because the naval combat model in TOAW (or air transport) cannot effectively enough represent the situation in the med at the time. I laid out my ideas of how submarine warfare could work ; 1-hex islands with a convoy symbol...
  6. M

DAK limitations

I appreciate your response Mark. I guess I'm just a Wiffer trying to play TOAW. This limitation pretty much seals the deal for Germans in N Africa. The naval units are represented(sorry, that was a pun -though he has is able to mount a blockade which I am attempting to break, which to the extent...
  7. M

DAK limitations

I want to thank everyone for their help so far and if I can get anyone with experience to help me make a naval database for this scenario, I have the numbers and am ready to get to work. Send me a pm. I perhaps just broke house rules by landing German paratroops in Africa.:surprise: I know the...
  8. M

indestructable French rail

So if I blow it up he may automatically repair it but only after a turn. I guess that's all I can expect.
  9. M

Well thanks for trying Mark. Overall it's a great scenario. It's probably my favorite. Certainly one of the 'essentials'. But having a bridge repair it self under your feet seems strange. I'll blow it up again
  10. M

So what we have is a scenario where bridges can be repaired by forces that don't even occupy them? Dude, this is not right. Scenario designer or game programmer, I don't care....this is not realistic, which I believe the game is striving for. I'm pointing it out.If those responsible are going to...
  11. M

Now i'm noticing that the bridge I destroyed has been magically repaired, WHILE MY UNIT IS OCCUPYING IT! So much for trying to impede reinforcements by rail in France. 60,000 Italians...:ciao: Ralph?
  12. M

Yes I'm playing pbem. I have a pic posted at Matrix.
  13. M

My Italians can march all over French rail lines without destroying them. Considering I've committed to a rather large amphibious operation for just that purpose, I have to ask...why?
  14. M

Reorganizing en masse

Thanks. It seemed odd to me.
  15. M

Reorganizing en masse

This makes it now the second time in the game, with no warning, an axis ally has decided to reorganize en masse. First it was the Finns, now it's the Italians -almost every unit! Shouldn't this at least be mentioned in the scenario guide?
  16. M

reoranizing Germans

It's not even been two months yet, and I took two months getting back online to get the turn back to him.
  17. M

reoranizing Germans

The only thing that's for certain is that he hasn't responded to three emails. Beyond that I have no idea if he has even opened the file. I know that I'm upset about my Germans reorganizing en mass in July '41. I know that in WiF, offensives such as Case Yellow can be purchased and saved. I hope...
  18. M

reoranizing Germans

After some investigation, I realized that my opponent had selected the theater option of occupying bessabarabia and bukovina, which is odd because they are hundreds of miles from the front lines. At any rate, with over 150 points of fresh Germans in reorg I felt justified in selecting case...
  19. M

Mechanized partisans?

Thank you Mantis. Yes, I'm realizing this.
  20. M

reoranizing Germans

I was afraid you were going to say that. So I guess I am just whining.:violin: