Search results

1. R

Terrain Question

Thanks, guys. I’ll give it a shot.
  2. R

Terrain Question

A bit new to VASL. Is there a way to transform only some terrain on a given board? So for example, if a board has three hills, and the SSR says two of them don't exist but the third does, is there a way to handle that? TIA
  3. R

AAR - A Lion In The Field - AP114

Congratulations on achieving “Vince Supremacy.”
  4. R

AAR - Loonies And Leicesters - SP116

Guys. It’s a trick question. 8-0s can’t dance. Only 8-1 and above.
  5. R

AAR - Blood On The Tracks - RO1

Have to say I agree. In my playing, I can’t say that Major Issues should have done anything substantially different as the attacker, but it was clear pretty early on that the Germans were not going to get close.
  6. R

AAR - Red Factories

Nice write up. Totally agree about Blood On the Tracks. Played it today with the Russians. I set up most of the mines and wire in the row E road and contested the initial crossing. The Germans did some damage here and there, but never really caught up. Seems pretty tough for them.
  7. R

AAR - The Playing Field - RO6

I might have stood a better chance if I had read the VC beforehand. However, I like to play ASL “single blind,” where only my opponent understands the victory conditions.
  8. R

176 The Only Way Out

I took on ASL returnee Joe Markham in this one yesterday. It features a German infantry column being discovered and attacked by the Finns while retreating up a road between a hill and a river. To win the Germans need to exit at least 10 cvp off the North edge, and have more cvp total than the...
  9. R

FFE:C and the New Extent of Error

This question has come up in each of my last two games. I thought I understood this, but since both of my recent opponents had the same different interpretation, I am questioning my rules reading. There is an FFE:C on board. You have contact and access and you want to move it. I always...
  10. R

Gloster Hill 217: a warning after a botched playing

I can't find Foresighting in the RB. Is that in Chapter E?
  11. R

OS-13 The Route

How dare you
  12. R

OS-13 The Route

I would just add that the American troops who hung on at the east end of level two and caused those multi-turn melees were the real heroes of the American side. They not only caused casualties but delayed the general advance towards the church. It was probably a mistake to be so eager to get...
  13. R

Possess/Place DC

...uh.. because he stated it pretty explicitly? I'm not talking about the OP. I'm talking about von Marwitz's post, which I believe is what JRV was responding to,
  14. R

Possess/Place DC

I don't think that in his hypothetical, VM is saying that anyone was eliminated. Just that a unit dropped the SW. (i.e, voluntarily.)
  15. R

Is Inherent Terrain "directly attached"?

Rulebook pretty explicitly says 'yes.' B25.62
  16. R

ASLOK XXXII - Official TD AAR

Many thanks to Bret & Bill. Great time, really stupid fun. I had the Americans against Mr Cirillo in Rockets Red Glare a few years back, and it took him about 12 minutes to dice up my attack. I'm installing him as the 3-2 favorite based on that. Good luck to both! Side note: I seemed to have...
  17. R

Confused by D2.6

How about this: I enter the hex with the last MP, and attempt ESB to exit....hoping for a breakdown.
  18. R

Ye owd sniper morality question...

AS lightspeed noted above, they really are pretty different. Modifiers are not optional. Both players should be working together to get the rules right. On the other hand there may be a strategy to having a tank CE. He might be trying to get road rate, or suck up a sniper shot to preserve a 10-2...
  19. R

Does a wreck provide TEM for an AFV?

With a name like 'Nearmiss,' I would think that question would be right in your wheelhouse.
  20. R

ASLOK Mini-Tournament scenarios.....mid September?

Rats. Saw the thread title and got excited for a second....