Search results

1. Markdv5208

Texas tournament roommate wanted

Title says it all. Split 50 50. I have a room already reserved. Jason Cameron can vouch for me
  2. Markdv5208

ANOTHER EDITION of DID I do this right?

I posted this on facebook as well.... I KNOW I did this right but I"m making sure. I had a US 81mm MTR firing on a Panther that is hulldown behind a stone wall. I am double acquired, net TH was a 10. (Range was 8 hexes). I rolled Colored 6, white 3. Hit. lower body b/c you can't be HD to...
  3. Markdv5208

The fates are fickle to say the least...

Playing the scenario THE VITAL HOURS from the recent WO pack from MMP. I was the British and by the end of the scenario I had created 3 heros and 2 fanatic squads. MEANWHILE last weekend in St Louis I didn't create one hero the entire weekend. The dice can drive one crazy in this game eh...
  4. Markdv5208

ROOMMATE for Saint Louis July 22 to 25 2021 wanted

OK My roommate had to cancel for reality reasons. I am now alone in a room in St Louis MO July 22 to 25 We would split the cost of the room $380 / 2 is 190 PLEASE respond ASAP I will also post this on Facebook
  5. Markdv5208

NEW edition of DID WE DO THIS RIGHT Close combat edition

CLOSE COMBAT question. I will also post this on FACEBOOK . OK it's ambush time. and the German--the attacker--rolls a 5 and the US rolls a 1. USA wins the ambush and elect to leave. CAN they go into a hex that WAS occupied by a German unit that in turn had already advanced into it's own CC...
  6. Markdv5208

ASL tactical cards Worthy of our money?

OK so I bit the bullet and bought them. Cost was $35 and it ships from England. Any comments from the hive mind would be appreciated....
  7. Markdv5208

HIP question FOREST GUMM

Getting ready to play the scenario FOREST GUMM. I am THINKING of using my M8 HIP in a orchard road hex. Question-does the AFV count as a LOS hindrance if he's still HIP and someone fires down the road?
  8. Markdv5208

Critical hit question next edition of did we do this right?

OK a PzIII fires in the advancing fire phase at an adjacent hex. He is BU, and the infantry targets are in a trench. Net to hit Cases B, C +4. BU +1 Trench +2 adjacent -2 Final TH =3 He rolls a SNAKES Ok so far so good Curtis insisted at this point that he needed a 1-3 for the CH b/c...
  9. Markdv5208

Trench in open ground set up question

MAKING sure I'm doing this right. I am doing the German setup for BUNKER BUSTING from the recent ONSLAUGHT TO ORSHA 2. I am putting a trench in a open ground hex, and putting a 75L PAK in said same trench in LOS of his set up area BUT NOT placing the gun on board until his setup is done AND...
  10. Markdv5208

From BARK YOU DOGS questions

OK I THINK we did these right but I will still ask OK ALL 3 levels of the victory bldg are fortified. Germans occupy GROUND level but the Soviets have the cellar and the 1st level. Are the Russians now encircled? We said yes AND...can the Germans throw a DC into the CELLAR location? This...
  11. Markdv5208

Carrying an assembled 81mm MTR

Can a US M3 halftrack, with 15pp, carry the following 81mm ASSEMBLED ie ready to come out firing from the track 227 crew We had a old senile grognard moment, Jeff DY and I, and he said I couldn't ie not enough PP for the vehicle. I couldn't prove it from the rules. Life goes on ie A.4 applies
  12. Markdv5208

NEW Edition DID WE DO THIS RIGHT ATR vs. a ATG

OK Played for the first time one of the Konigsbergs Scenarios. Officers Quarters I think was the name of it GREAT scenario...and in 30 years of play my opponent, one Jeff De Young said he had never seen the following done before I fired an ATR vs. one of his PaK 75mm ATGs. He is like so...
  13. Markdv5208

NEW EDITION...we did this wrong and I knew it

OK Scenario was BROKEN WINGS, a Pete Shelling design. I sleaze freeze a German 447 with a KV 1M42. He passes his PAATC then does NADA in taking out the tank. SO I have a squad run up with a DC and drop it on the 447 MY opponent Joe Steadman asked me WHY can't the 447 do a Final fire shot...
  14. Markdv5208

Did we do this right--ATG and gully and crest status

OK the scenario was FISH TO FRY from the Schwerpunkt people Wayne Boudreaux, my opponent, placed a 45LL ATG HIP, in a WOODS hex (totally legit so far) that was in a gully (again legit) and placed him in CREST status (not so legitimate) I say the CREST status is a NO GO. Wadi rules talk about...
  15. Markdv5208

JEHUs arrow...a brief story from the bible then STREETS OF STALINGRAD moment....

Ok for those who don't know their bible history....Jehu was a king from the 10 northern tribes. He was fleeing from a battle in his chariot. He wore armor, an important detail. Some nameless archer fired at him, and the arrow not only hit the moving target ie the king in a chariot, but...
  16. Markdv5208

POLISH REQUIEM Best of Friends version

Ok I played this scenario vs. Chris Garrett on January 5, 2019 TURN 1, Germans...he has a SAN 3. He gets 2 KILLS....out of 4 times I rolled his SAN. 2 dead/KIA 9-1 leaders later, along with 5 broken squads, I'm ready to hang it up and start over. BUT....just like there's no crying in...
  17. Markdv5208

Red October?

OK so title says it all. MMP site says Shipping Fall 2018. NO WISE ACRE answers about shipping on Monday. Any word on status?
  18. Markdv5208

RED DEVILS from the recent FORGOTTEN WAR

Played this as the CPVA vs. Jeff De Young and the US Army. I WILL NOTE.....I think Jeff lost for 2 reasons. 1-his perimeter was too close to the guns 2-He gave in to the temptation of firing the guns at my onboard forces, giving me a VP each time. He did this 4 times. TWO of the guns I...
  19. Markdv5208

Did we do this right? CC and Melee edition

Ok in 32 years of ASL....a unique one. In the scenario CRICKETS IN SPRING I was playing David Ginnard. He had a Panther break his MA, then roll a 6, recall. I then IMMOBed the tank in a Melee because I wanted the CVPs. I then argued that the crew has to bail because it already was...
  20. Markdv5208

Jason Cameron in Houston TX you ok?

Title says it all