Search results

1. VonHutier

AFV Set up in woods question

My regular FtF oppo and I are due to play BFP-122 "At Sword Point"this coming weekend. SBR rule 3 states all Polish units must set up in woods. Therefore I'm assuming their AFVs must also. So the question - if they leave the woods hex without changing CA, must they take a BOG check ? I'm...
  2. VonHutier

Festung Budapest Duplicate scenarios

No idea where this question should go so mods, please move if appropriate. Bought a copy of FB , private sale. I was surprised to find, on inspection, it has two of every one of the 17 scenarios : a one off, or common in this product ?
  3. VonHutier

Motion attempt and Smoke for CT AFV

Regarding the above ; Given a motion attempt may be made during your opponents MPh, and given that becoming OT is a prerequisite for attempting to dispense Vehicular Smoke grenades in lieu of a sD ; Could a CT AFV declare a motion attempt, and if successful, become OT and attempt to dispense...
  4. VonHutier

D13.35 VEHICULAR SMOKE GRENADES

Regarding the above - up until now, I've thought German HT with an AAMG did not qualify - however, having read the above rule again I noticed ; " the inherent crew ( or HS ) of any vehicle with a MA weapon indicated on its counter may place smoke grenades..." And before that ... D1.3 MAIN...
  5. VonHutier

Gavutu - Tanambogo "Blood and Sand" map

Regarding the above map from the mini CG in Rising Sun - I had a look but couldn't locate it in the VASL board list - is it there? TIA
  6. VonHutier

Board setup problem

I'm trying to set up J162 African brothers... VASL won't let me crop both board 62 and 61 and place a full board 5a to their left, no matter what I try - best I've achieved is a cropped 62 with a cropped 5a ( I didn't ask for that ) to it's left and a full 61 running underneath them both. Any...
  7. VonHutier

HEROES March 2024 Blackpool

Regarding the above- do the results get put up on here ?
  8. VonHutier

Deleting old games

Regarding the above .. I'm playing quite a few solo games on VASL, to get used to playing the game on that medium... Once I'm done, however, I can't work out how to delete the files - anymore help greatly appreciated 🙂 TIA
  9. VonHutier

VASL LOS and Overlays

Regarding the above - it seems a LOS traced from , into or through an overlay is bringing up a message "LOS disabled due to proximity of overlay" ( or words to that effect ). Is there a way to get round this please ? TIA
  10. VonHutier

+2 Dispersed Smoke

Regarding the above. If it originates at ground level, I believe it hinders LOS from a GL and L1 building hex but not from a L2 ? I may be wrong... TIA
  11. VonHutier

VASL Grain to Woods

Regarding the above - on VASL, is it possible to turn grain to woods ( as opposed to water to wine ) with ground snow in effect, and applied..? TIA
  12. VonHutier

ToTR Scenario 296 "Damnation Game" - Komsomolet counters

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, sorry, please move it. Regarding the above- these counters aren't included in ToTR - where do they appear? TIA
  13. VonHutier

Wire in building hex question

26. WIRE. 26.1......Wire can be set up in any terrain except buildings...etc. Regarding buildings. Does this mean not within that hex at all? I ask because mines are specified as not permitted in interior building hexes, but can be placed in that hex to affect entry/exit of that hex , but with...
  14. VonHutier

BFP - 82 "Steamroller"

I am soon to play the above scenario - VC state - " The Germans win at game end by Controlling all board 44 wooden buildings ". Given the German OB includes at least one FT, and two FT tanks, plus a few high calibre guns which are HE capable , the situation might arise that a Russian...
  15. VonHutier

VASL Opponent wanted UK

Hi, As it says in the title. However, I'm very new to VASL, but I'm picking up speed/details slowly. Would ideally like a fairly regular opponent, live play, some weekends and evenings. Play whole short scenarios or "chunks" of longer , more involved scenarios. Look forward to hearing from...
  16. VonHutier

Japanese hero banzai charge

Regarding the above - Japanese leaders may conduct Banzai charges on their own account - can a Japanese hero do the same ? Having read the rules on heros, they share some attributes of leaders but not all, and the Japanese rules don't mention them. TIA
  17. VonHutier

Customising boards on VASL

Specifically, regarding the above, how does one obtain the snow effect ? TIA
  18. VonHutier

VASL LOS thread

Hi, Hope this is in the right place. I can use the VASL LOS thread ok, but just from ground level - not worked out how to get it to work from higher building elevations. Help please? TIA
  19. VonHutier

PTO HIP/Concealment/Detection question

Regarding the above - G.4 DETECTION essentially states that a defending , HIP, Stealthy unit in Jungle, Kunai or bamboo does not have to reveal it's presence ( ie can retain HIP status ) should an enemy unit enter its location hex during the MPh. In a recent game, my opponent had just such a (...
  20. VonHutier

CC Ambush -2 DRM v AFV

Regarding the above - does this apply to both stopped and motion vehicles? That is, are both subject to possible ambush ? TIA