Search results

1. D

So what are you buying at MMP's Spooktacular Sale Tomorrow?

I passed on Best of Friends and AP #11 and #12 when they were first offered, but at these prices, and all bundled together to save shipping costs, I was successfully seduced. And I also took a copy of Special Ops #2, because that Ukraine '44 game looks like something I'd play. That's a lot of...
  2. D

ASL 8 - The Fugitives: Taking an antique out for a drive

Ah, a classic. I played ASL 8, “The Fugitives”, against Peter Struijf on Friday. A great game, played almost to the bitter end, but I won as the Russians. Peter had never played this before. I had, and what I learned from my first playing (also as the Russians) put me in good stead, because the...
  3. D

U48 - The Rag Tag Circus

I posted this to another thread last night, but decided to post it here as well at the request of my opponent. I got in a ftf game of this last weekend vs. Steve Webber in Halifax. Steve is fairly new to full-on ASL, but he played this exactly right as the Germans and won quite handily. I'm...
  4. D

The Mila 18 NoNsEnSe thread - Part 4

Not very much. Pretty gusty on Sunday but we didn't lose power. We got lucky.
  5. D

"I'm sorry, but it's far too perilous." Hey, guys, what's up? Haven't been around these parts lately.
  6. D

Re: Bowl Season is finally here! Amidst all this foolsball crap, I'll sneak in a little Best Wishes for a Happy New Year to y'all. Roll low, and have a great 2011.
  7. D

This is VAN HALEN. They were a HEAVY METAL ROCK AND ROLL band that had a career in the 1970s and 1980s. They were not very talented except the lead guitarist. The lead vocalist could be amusing at times. Yes, they really did dress like this for concerts, and they did have that hair. Quaint, is...
  8. D

Not a bad voice, but he really has to do something with those curtains.
  9. D

Re: Only because you asked nice... I don't much care what happens after I'm dead, but I definitely want this played at my funeral.
  10. D

I got him a special present: STALINGRAD! Just what he always wanted. Those rotten generals teased him with it for months, but I DELIVERED! It's amazing what you can buy on the Internet these days.
  11. D

"Grand Master Pervert" is just one vowel away from GIMP. I guess we have you both covered.
  12. D

That's true, and that's good music, but I really have to wonder... That concert was about 45 years ago. Did our parents listen to their parents' music? Sure they did, a bit, but mostly they were looking for something new, which is what led to rock and roll. What about our grandparents? There...
  13. D

Well, she's unlikely to be sexually assaulted, at any rate. That Mosin would probably go $900 + on today's market. My Mosin only cost me $300, but it's not a sniper.
  14. D

I'm not quite sure what this lovely lady has in mind. If she wants me to be a javelin catcher, I'd be inclined, as long as she's a really bad toss. OTOH, if it's the pole vault, she should just come right over here.
  15. D

Aspergers, phooey. It's called "nerdishness", and yes we all have it here, to some extent. I meet all those "symptoms" except maybe the verbosity. Oh, and the restricted prosody. Whatever. Well, me too, but honestly, the voices in my head say "Don't trust psychiatrists!" :cool:
  16. D

I LOLed. Don't mind admitting it. Geddy rocks. :headbang:
  17. D

Thanks for the replies to my semi-serious post, and a Happy New Year to all!
  18. D

Just to be slightly serious for a sec... I bought "Wheels of Terror" back when I was in college, many moons ago, and I've re-read it a couple of times since. It was totally over-the-top and hopelessly unrealistic for the most part, but it had some redeeming features. The scenes of cleaning up...
  19. D

Football talk is doing nothing to raise this thread out of its doldrums. Go eat a turkey or something.
  20. D

That's, like, beautiful, man. You could, like, get a whole county high on that ****, man. I dig it, totally. Peace out.