Search results

1. robertdelwood

Starter Kit: Fire Sequence Questions

Thanks to everyone for clarifying the possession question.
  2. robertdelwood

Of the case: A full squad possesses a HMG. The squad FFs. It is marked with FF counter. The HMG has not yet fired. The HMG now wants to fire. a) I've interpreted this to be FF for the HMG because the squad isn't also firing together. b) Vinnie, your citation by definition means it is SFF for...
  3. robertdelwood

In the same case, if the squad possessing the HMG is broken, could a leader take possession of the HMG from the squad during the Rally Phase? Since the HMG is 4 PP, if the squad routs it would have to drop the HMG first. But if it doesn't actually leave the location, then no one can ever wrest...
  4. robertdelwood

Excellent! Thanks.
  5. robertdelwood

I have a stack with the following German units: 8-1 8-0 HMG 4-4-7 During the defensive fire phase, I'd like to: 1) Firstly fire the 4-4-7 and 8-0. I understand that if the 4-4-7 cowers it'd be marked with Final Fire and could not then fire the HMG. Correct? Hence the 8-0. 2) Then fire the HMG...
  6. robertdelwood

Starter Kit Melee: Leadership DRM?

Then what does this sentence mean: A leader may direct the CC of the MMC it attacks and defends with (and any other unit which joins that MMC in a combined CC attack) by applying his leadership DRM to modify the CC DR... What does "and defends with" mean?
  7. robertdelwood

Starter Kit Melee: Leadership DRM?

To be clear, in CC/Melee, a leader gets to modify their own DR, and also modify the enemy's DR?
  8. robertdelwood

Starter Kit Melee: All units are broken?

That wasn't criticism or sarcasm on my part. I might have just missed that reference. If you're the rules Perry, this might be good to explicitly update next round.
  9. robertdelwood

Thanks, everyone! I posted the Starter Kit rules online, and they're formatted, outlining some procedures step by step: Starter Kit rules online.
  10. robertdelwood

Thanks. That'd be my guess, too. 1) Does it say that in the SK rules book? 2) I assume the Melee counter comes off immediately when there are only broken units in hex. That means the phasing player must rout, but the non-phasing player would not have to, barring other rules.
  11. robertdelwood

What happens in starter kit scenarios if all units in a Melee are broken? Does the Melee counter come off and the units can rout?
  12. robertdelwood

Looking for Robert Delwood

Hi everybody, I just saw this thread. I'm right here. What's up?
  13. robertdelwood

ASL Packing Lots of Information on Counters

I think ASL has the record for packing bits of information on a counter. In addition, it's almost the inconspicuous way they do it. In contrast, a typical GMT game, for example, also has a lot of information on their counters but it's through highlighting and coloring of numbers. In a way, they...
  14. robertdelwood

ASLSK 4 Online Rules

http://writeonce.org/ASLSK_4_Rules.html ASLSK 4 online rules. This should make reading the rules easier, and especially with searching. This is a prototype and being updated. This version is the rules only, with no graphics and no examples. There are many links, to rules or terms. The wording...
  15. robertdelwood

Rout

Actually, it is two chances. Say a unit spends two MFs to enter a woods in your LOS. The first decision is to fire right now. The next MF might be to leave my LOS, and I'd have lost an opportunity. I decide not to fire to see what happens next. He then announces the unit is done moving. I now...
  16. robertdelwood

Rout

I uploaded a rout cheat sheet. It is the exact text of the ASLRB for routing (A10.5). It has been only been reformatted to be easier to read, and to better emphasize each case. The intent is to make it read like a flow chart. Please follow the text literally and in the order presented to help...
  17. robertdelwood

ASL Rout Cheat Sheet 1.0

Many find routing to be confusing and, in critical situations, the different interpretations can be intense. The following is the exact text of the ASLRB for routing (A10.5). It has been only reformatted to be easier read, and to better emphasize each case. The intent is to make it read like a...
  18. robertdelwood

Rout

Thanks for the references. Those are hard to argue against.
  19. robertdelwood

Rout

In play, that would mean a unit moves into a new location, and there could be DFF. Afterwards, ATTACKER announces that unit is done moving. I think this is where this rule comes in to play. After that announcement, other units could then also DFF. They would have to be different units since...