Search results

1. apbills

CustomUnit.vmdx updated

I have fixed the issue with underscored morale not showing in this extension. It is now on the VASL.info site. As part of the fix I also changed the input from a text '_' to either a '0' for none or a '1' for an underscore. I also added in the dash ('-') between the firepower, range, and...
  2. apbills

Updated DYO Campaign Extension

With the release of 6.6.8 I have released an updated version of the DYO campaign extension. It is now at version 4.1 and available on the Vasl.info->Extensions website for download. It has the following major changes: Removed the Steeples overlay which was moved to 6.6.8.vmod. Added more...
  3. apbills

C8 & A21 Ammo Depletion and Captured use

I have always assumed that the Captured Use penalties also lower a depletable ammo number, but now that I am looking at it harder I don't see anything saying that, in fact all I see is that A21 calls out only the red TH, breakdown and ROF penalties. Am I correct with my latest research? I...
  4. apbills

PSA: TotR, VASL and you

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT Just a note for players regarding the implications of TotR and what is in VASL for the Germans. Some subtle changes are in the new rules. I am just getting through the Germans (my TotR arrived on Friday) and will report out if other nationality changes create any...
  5. apbills

Skis

We have an issue (enhancement) request to reduce counter clutter caused by Skis and Bicycles. I have been looking into some alternatives. I want to present a couple of ideas to the community. First, the following image is of two counters, both with Ski tags, both with them replicated in two...
  6. apbills

New Extension for Custom Units

I have just uploaded a nice extension here: ASL Extensions This extension was started by Al some time ago and then updated to work with VASL 6.6.8 beta6. It allows the player to create almost any unit counter by entering the appropriate data into a property sheet. A very useful tool that will...
  7. apbills

Custom Counter Extension

apbills submitted a new resource: Custom Counter Extension - Extension provides for making your own custom counters Read more about this resource...
  8. apbills

Board 85 Update issue?

Does anyone else have an issue updating board 85? All my other boards seem to update fine.
  9. apbills

Help with British MG

Below is a snap of the VASL British MG tray. I am trying to figure out which module the following came from: LMG (2-8), MMG (4-10), HMG (6-12), HMG (8-16). I understand the (a) and (f) versions, but have not seen the ones without the (a). Any help is appreciated.
  10. apbills

VBM Overlay Marker Extension

apbills submitted a new resource: VBM Overlay Marker Extension - VBM Read more about this resource...
  11. apbills

Bring Hollow Legions extension into the main VASL module

I am looking to merge the Hollow Legions extension into the main VASL module and after reviewing the extension and this thread "Hollow Legions issue" I am a bit confused. the thread talks about European trained vs untrained squads. When I look at the counter tray I do not see any distinction...
  12. apbills

Area Of Effect trait

Is there a way to have the game piece "Area Of Effect" trait be toggleable, but start ON instead of OFF? For example, I have a game piece in a Game Piece Palette and it has an Area Of Effect trait. When I drag it onto the mapboard I would like the Area Of Effect to be ON. I have only been...
  13. apbills

Hideable Control Marker Extension

So now that I have woken up from my nap, I have a corrected post (I think). A couple of events this week have triggered me to look into the Hideable Control marker extension. The first was an inadvertent delete all button select, which discovered that "UNDO" does not get your control markers...
  14. apbills

Nationality Smoke extension changes?

A couple of events this week have triggered me to look into the nationality Smoke extension. The first was an inadvertent delete all button select, which discovered that "UNDO" does not get your control markers back on the map. the other was the 537 Sturm squad ELR topic in the 667 release...
  15. apbills

US Scrounged MG

What VASL counter would you use if a US tank BMG was scrounged? Chapter D states"D10.52 A scrounged MG is represented by a LMG counter of that wreck/vehicle's nationality, regardless of its FP while mounted in the vehicle (U.S. LMG are represented by British LMG counters without captured weapon...
  16. apbills

DYO Extension

apbills submitted a new resource: DYO Extension - DYO VASL Extension Read more about this resource...
  17. apbills

HZ boards

What product created the Hz boards? I noticed they were listed as 'NEW' and took a look. I already have a use for them.
  18. apbills

New Bug?

I mentioned this problem in this thread (the thread that @uckelman graciously posts) under ASL/VASL- ReplacewithOther I have done a check using VASSAL 3.6.19 and VASL 6.6.6 and see that under those versions the behavior works as I would expect. Below is an example with additional detail. This...
  19. apbills

"Retired" button in VASL 6.6.7 beta7

I am running VASSAL 3.7.1 with VASL 6.6.7beta7 and see that the menu bar has the grayed out "Retired" button present after you open or start a new game. this button disappears once you start a new game or open an old game under 3.6.19/6.6.6. It causes the menu bar to get too long and wraps it...
  20. apbills

Assemble/Disassemble issue

Images from 3.6.19/6.6.7-beta3 As far as I can tell, all Guns that use CTRL+V to assemble/disassemble use the "Replace with Other" trait, and the placement of the new counter is "On top of Stack". This should be "Above this piece" so that the new counter is still directly above the counter...