Search results

1. apbills

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

That sure sounds like a great candidate for an extension.
  2. apbills

Auto-Reveal HIP Fortifications

A few thoughts off the top of my head ... First, I like the idea. Not seeing the LOS to a fortification in a game is pretty normal from my experience. You tend to be focused more on other things and then go back to reveal the fortification when you realize it should have been revealed...
  3. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Do you have your preferences set to always have the chat window on top? That may be the problem.
  4. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

this is the screen shot of the taskbar and the icons. You can see the first window is the normal play window and the second window is the VASSAL editor with the 6.6.8.vmod open in it.
  5. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

I am assuming the screen shot you posted has the VASSAL window and then the VASL window after you right-clicked and then selected Edit Module on the 6.6.8 module from within VASSAL. If this is correct, you should find another window open (it may be hidden) as well with the modules sections and...
  6. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

It is a bug in the VASSAL editor. It has been adding additional [Stacking Options] traits to the map window when the module is saved. In the case of 6.6.8, my downloaded version has 2 additional [Stacking Options] traits added. It actually gives you a warning if you edit an extension and save...
  7. apbills

The wonderful "and/or" VC conditions.

A poorly written VC, however, I do agree that you need to have 3 SE in both, as others have stipulated. It would have been better to make it a positive type condition, i.e., the Americans win if they have >= 3 SE in both J4 and E5. Eliminates the entire and/or language.
  8. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Interesting and valuable information. I have performed the steps as you state and will have to see if it helps.
  9. apbills

Gyrostabilizers

Exactly why I only wanted to add Schuerzen, i.e., something visible to an enemy.
  10. apbills

CustomUnit.vmdx updated

Both were available in v1.1 as far as I know. You must have been using an old version.
  11. apbills

Trouble downloading in automatic update function

Check your preferences and make sure they are set to where you think they should be. It is strange that it ended up where it did.
  12. apbills

Trouble downloading in automatic update function

Check your boards directory/folder and check to see if there is a 0Kb bd07 there. I don't think there will be, but if there is, delete it, then try to open your scenario again.
  13. apbills

CustomUnit.vmdx updated

I have fixed the issue with underscored morale not showing in this extension. It is now on the VASL.info site. As part of the fix I also changed the input from a text '_' to either a '0' for none or a '1' for an underscore. I also added in the dash ('-') between the firepower, range, and...
  14. apbills

Does the Lee use the Green Grant gun 75 TK #

I think the real comparison should be between the Sherman 75 and whatever gun versions were on the Grant/Lee tanks. I don't have an answer, but that is the real difference. Was there a gun mounted on the Grant/Lee that was capable of firing an AP round with the same penetration capability as...
  15. apbills

VASSAL 3.7.9 Install Error

No. I installed when it came out and had no issues installing.
  16. apbills

Updated DYO Campaign Extension

With the release of 6.6.8 I have released an updated version of the DYO campaign extension. It is now at version 4.1 and available on the Vasl.info->Extensions website for download. It has the following major changes: Removed the Steeples overlay which was moved to 6.6.8.vmod. Added more...
  17. apbills

VASL-6.6.8 is released

Simply put, because I missed that during my QA of the overlay. I had it built in my DYO Extension prior to it getting moved to the main module and missed that difference in the process.
  18. apbills

Lee(a) Russian note 49

That makes sense. I didn't realize there was one from BFP. Good to know that issue is resolved.
  19. apbills

Lee(a) Russian note 49

I am not sure which missing notes you are referencing and for which counter. The above are the three counters I see in the tray for the Lee(a). I will add this is from 6.6.8beta9 so it may have been fixed, although I don't remember doing it myself (but there are a lot more people working on...
  20. apbills

Board setup problem

You won't be the first, nor the last person who runs into this problem. I have done the same in the past and it can be very frustrating figuring out the problem. I actually changed my preferences from separate to combined windows due to me having so many problems trying to find my windows and...