Search results

1. malorum

Counter image sizes.

Do you mean SVG ?
  2. malorum

Break Contact Scenario Pack

You can buy Break Contact scenarios BC1 - BC7 at aslscenarioarchive. (Aussie Tournament Pack) I don't know where the others are available, but if you would like their email address, PM me.
  3. malorum

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

Wow, you are doing such a good job with this series (watching via youtube). My preference would be 1 hour-ish length videos. But you're the one doing all the work, I say whatever works best for you! Many thanks, again.
  4. malorum

Thank you for this. Really appreciated and much needed.
  5. malorum

Sounds great. Time differences mean I wouldn't be able to watch the stream, so if possible posting the output on youtube would be good. Thanks!
  6. malorum

USPS not delivering to Australia

Or within either! A friend of mine who lives in the next town (40km away) sent me something eighteen days ago. It hasn't even left the town. Covid might be an excuse, but there are no covid affected workers either there or here. For several reasons Australia Post service has simply collapsed...
  7. malorum

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

A new version was released today which contained fixes to a few errors but no new chapters.
  8. malorum

Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

At least this won't be a problem for ASL. Besides, an AI can't engage in witty banter during the game. Which is half the fun, for me at least :D
  9. malorum

Shanghaid, the port for hijacked threads

Late to the party on this, but here's my brass-razoo's worth. Regarding the comparisons between the longevity of Chess and it being an unchanged game, and ASL having a steady influx of new scenarios: If new scenarios are something that keeps players interested, I suppose through "novelty" and...
  10. malorum

Let's try it again

ASL "Heat of Battle" to the rescue! Perhaps a squad fired upon goes Berserk and decides to charge into the face of the enemy, despite all risk to themselves? And in doing so they cause the enemy to flee in terror once they've unsuccessfully fired upon them? Or perhaps the squad is...
  11. malorum

Best first/early HASLs?

I have Red Factories - if I have the chance to buy Valor of the Guards, is it worth it? As in, is it a sufficiently different HASL compared to RB and RO ? Or is there something in the components that make it compelling ?
  12. malorum

Let's try it again

I forgot to add, regarding PBEM: Before undertaking a game it's a very good idea to be clear about how many logs you will be able to exchange per week or day. Also make it clear whether you're a complete beginner, or super-competitive or casual, etc. When it's your first VASL pbem, explain...
  13. malorum

Let's try it again

I recently returned to ASL, with many of the same time issues you've mentioned. I can highly recommend PBEM via VASL. I recently completed a scenario (5 turns) and I think it took us about six weeks. As for how long it would take you or others it depends entirely on how quickly log files are...
  14. malorum

Missing from CgD II Vehicle Notes? In Portee

On Page H130 of My CdG2 notes, Under section P is says "Only the 25LL AT and 75 ART may be fired by its Passenger crew while being porteed..." Is that what you're after?
  15. malorum

NFTs and ASL

Surely you jest? A Spuddy must be worth its weight in Peanut Shells. (non fungus ones)
  16. malorum

Hollow Legions, 3rd Edition now available for preorder!

Indeed it is Bruce, commingle is a verb - relatively new I guess, dating from around the time of your youth ( 17th Century ) A modern example is our recycling bin here not too far from you takes "commingled" recyclables - so paper, plastic, metal, old ASL counters just all thrown in together.
  17. malorum

Hollow Legions 3.0 preorder

Whatever the drop-bears leave us. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear
  18. malorum

I dream of shelling out $45 for the oregon clippers! Here I have to shell out over $125 AUD :unsure:
  19. malorum

Same here :) Glad to see there's another country Victorian around here btw.
  20. malorum

How come Gamers Armory is not shipping to the UK?

Three years ago it cost my wife $109 Canadian to send a parcel about the size of an ASL box (but significantly lighter) from Nova Scotia (CBI) to Australia. That wasn't even express, it apparently came on a rusty barge, taking over six months to arrive. So the US and Europe don't have a monopoly...