Search results

1. Dwindham

Do any of you play star trek fleet battles?

It looks like something an ASL player would enjoy. I am going to purchase it in the next couple months. Has anyone played it ? If so what are your thoughts about it? best dw
  2. Dwindham

squad leader review Arab Israeli conflict of 1948 / Genesis

squad leader review Arab Israeli conflict of 1948 / Genesis
  3. Dwindham

Good Scenarios for the battle of Caen

Can anyone recommend good scenarios for the Battle of Caen that involve the 12th SS? I am reading Hubert Meyer's book and looking for stuff I Can play along to. Thanks
  4. Dwindham

Tank Chats but about Planes at the SAC Museum in Nebraska

Question for you all, I do some content creation about war games on the youtube. I'd like to expand to do a tank chat influenced thing about planes and weapons systems hosted at SAC. This wouldn't be officially through them but I think if we make something they might get behind it. They could...
  5. Dwindham

Anyone know how I can get a hold of Mark Pitcavage ?

I've tried the Desperation Morale website a few times. I don't think he is checking anymore. I wanted his thoughts on scenario designs. Thanks DW
  6. Dwindham

The Vietnam Era Advisor as a SMC

I've been reading "Lost in Translation Vietnam: A Combat Advisor's Story." Martin Dockery's work is a startling reminder that the "Vietnam Experience" at least from the American perspective is different era via era. The rules and parameters and who Martin had to operate with during his time in...
  7. Dwindham

What do you guys think of this news?

My only thought is I hope this company only got the rights to Squad Leader and not Advanced Squad Leader. Is anyone hear excited about the idea of playing a updated version of Squad Leader? It seems like a redundant product to purchase. But I am interested in what they will do with it.
  8. Dwindham

Hear is a video I made about how I organize my ASL stuff

I'm always interested how other people organize things as well and make space for an ever expanding game. If anyone has pics to post please do. Video: How I organize my ASL stuff
  9. Dwindham

Printing Paper for Scenarios

I was looking to better organize some of my scenarios by location and armies involved. This of course involves making some paper copies of things. Does anyone have printing paper they can suggest that is similar to what MMP uses for their scenario cards? Thanks
  10. Dwindham

Convoy question

When a scenario indicates that the group enters as a "convoy on turn 1" does that mean the infantry must enter as riders/ inside trucks OR are the infantry allowed to move freely outside of the convoy rules? Thanks
  11. Dwindham

Squad Leader Review: Ch Annual Issue One Battle of the Ia Drang

12. Dwindham

13. Dwindham

CH Annual 6

Does anyone have any photos they can share of CH Annual 6? I think I heard they have New Zealand Counters for Vietnam in it. I'm really fascinated what numbers they gave those units. Thanks DW
  14. Dwindham

Gullies and Crest Status questions

I'm a newb. can you claim Crest Status if your MMC/SMC are in a gullie? does a unit in a gullie not have LOS so on a unit in higher terrain ? Can a unit on higher terrain fire into the unit in the gullie or are they out of LOS? Thanks DW
  15. Dwindham

Ch Comp Annual Issue 1 LZ-XRay M-72LAW

Question. The M-72LAW listed on page 36 the firepower and range is listed as 16-6. In the Scenarios the m72-Law is listed as 4-6. I have a M72 Law from the HUE comp and a few others that are different numbers. Did anyone ever play these scenarios. The 16-6 seems way to powerful for a weapon...
  16. Dwindham

Vietminh/Vietkong/NVA ready Reference sheet I made.

I made a Vietminh/Vietkong/NVA ready Reference that is a combined adobe PDF that attaches all the rules for the Viets pulling direct copies from ASLRB V2. It is too big to attach to this forum if you send me a dm with your email I'd be happy to send a copy for free. It also includes examples...
  17. Dwindham

croix de guerre map

Hi Guys, I have the new version croix de guerre. My lamination of the campaign map Dianant [MAP DN] didn't turn out so hot. Do you think MMP would sell me just the MAP ? best DW
  18. Dwindham

African American's In World War Two Action Pack : Reading List Suggestion.

discussion 1 Discussion 2 This is a follow up based on the previous threads. On this one please write out suggestions for reading materials primary/secondary sources dealing with African Americans in the Great WW2. After a few days I will type up all the suggestions on a google doc and...
  19. Dwindham

African American divisions in Advanced Squad Leader : follow up

Based on discussion: -There is a desire for an action pack covering African American's Service in World War Two. -I need volunteers for research and designers for said action pack -I will work on contacting Curt Schilling possibly via formal Snail Mail to let him know what we are currently...
  20. Dwindham

African American divisions in Advanced Squad Leader

About a year ago MMP posted on facebook and on their news website looking for ways to add diversity to wargaming in general. Someone suggested a ASL-HASL that covered African American action during world war two. Right now the only thing I know of that covers African American's in Squad Leader...