Search results

1. jomolungma

Newbie looking for a log file review

Hey folks! Everyone here has been really great helping me get situated and started with ASL. I have my first ASLSK game tomorrow on VASL, which I'm excited about. As a way to learn the game, I've been playing ASLSK S1 repeatedly, solitaire, trying to walk myself through the various phases...
  2. jomolungma

YoB and the current state of mapmaking docs

Hi there! I’ve been combing the forums trying to find a resource/guide for making maps for VASL. I’ve looked in the dev repository on GitHub, but all that info is focused on how to integrate a made map into VASL. I’ve seen lots of mentions re: Ye Olde Booke of VASL Mapmaking Secrets, but I...
  3. jomolungma

Designing boards for use in VASL

Hi there, As I've been exploring VASL the last several days, I keep wondering how the physical game boards were recreated so precisely in VASL. Does anyone have a link to an explanation of that process? I'm also wondering how you can design your own custom hex layouts for custom scenarios...
  4. jomolungma

Perhaps the most beginner of questions

Hi all - I'm extremely new to ASL. I'm still at the "reading the rules" phase. I'm trying to learn through the Starter Kit modules, although I have access to the full core rules and I've been using some community-created aids, like tutorials and such. Anyway, I'm stuck on the sequence of...