Search results

1. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

As I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread - I think it was this thread - couldn't be more happy with my Kindle Fire HD10. If you are already in the Amazon Prime universe, it's a no-brainer. The 8" is fine too. Both are ridiculously cheap because Amazon banks on cross-selling you on a bunch...
  2. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

It’s a great documentary and really only touches on a small subset of what is actually happening. Watch it and then think “it’s probably 10x worse than this” to get a better feel for the scope of things.
  3. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

Absolutely. I just wanted a bigger screen and something that would free me up to use my phone at the same time (I use way too many devices simultaneously). And it IS much better than a few years ago.
  4. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

I don't really want to get bogged down in this conversation, but I do want to just address this one paragraph. If you engage in any way with the digital world today, you are immediately compromised in more ways than you can possibly comprehend. And once you take that step, unwinding it all is...
  5. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

For me, the Kindle Fire is the greatest device I own, and I own a lot of devices. They are constantly on sale on Amazon. I got a brand new, latest generation HD10 for $60. It's currently on sale for $95. Yes, this is the "with special offers version" but who cares? So my Fire has an ad on...
  6. jomolungma

MMP eRulebook

I backdoored the Google Play store onto my Fire HD10 a while ago. There are a number of PDF apps in the Google Play store, including Foxit, that handle the eRB quite easily. I haven't checked, but Adobe Reader might be available just in the Kindle App store itself, and it works fine. It...
  7. jomolungma

What are MMP's other games like please?

That does not sound fun
  8. jomolungma

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the updated PDF! I think I'll hold off on annotating the eRB for a while until all the launch errata are resolved. I have a feeling you guys might be pushing out a few updates in rapid succession in the first weeks post-launch :)
  9. jomolungma

Electronic ASL Rulebook Now on Sale!!

I agree with this sentiment. I just sent an email regarding an issue with page H13, but I have no way of knowing if I'm the first or the 1,000th person to report that issue. I wouldn't want to inundate MMP with a redundant and repetitive report but, as a former developer, I know it is useful...
  10. jomolungma

What are MMP's other games like please?

So an "IGO/YUGO to the bathroom and maybe chill out for a while" game?
  11. jomolungma

Electronic ASL Rulebook now available

Thanks! I got around to figuring that out this morning, but thanks for clarifying! I went ahead and bought a copy and am very excited to use it!
  12. jomolungma

First, I definitely didn't know that Hasbro owned ASL. I figured MMP, with "publishing" in its name, was probably not the owner and just the publisher, but then if that were the case I'd expect them to "publish" this eBook. Which ultimately I see that they did and now know why it is being sold...
  13. jomolungma

Thanks! Didn't see that post this morning and that explains a lot!
  14. jomolungma

I must be missing the joke. Doesn’t MMP now own the rights to ASL? If so, not selling it through their site creates market confusion, particularly for new players. If you search online for ASL, you’ll be directed to the MMP site, which has no mention of the new eASLRB. As a new player, why would...
  15. jomolungma

It appears this is legit, but why isn’t this being sold through MMP’s site?
  16. jomolungma

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

After debugging my own code due to some pretty stupid typing mistakes, IT WORKS! Well, I haven't fully implemented what I want to do, but I see no reason why it won't work. I was able to get it to look in the SCENARIO_LOCATION tag for "france" and return one sentence if it was there and a...
  17. jomolungma

Got it. Thanks! See my DM. Will report back once I try it out tomorrow. Appreciate it!
  18. jomolungma

Ugh. Well, glad to give you a different wall!
  19. jomolungma

Well, I'm not a good enough programmer - not actually a programmer at all really - to assist in that process, but it sounds like a lot of work. I wouldn't go through the trouble unless you found a need greater than just my silly formatting issue. I can always change the color codes from within...
  20. jomolungma

I'm wondering what scripting language is used in the templates for the if/else statements, etc. Is it Jinja? Something else? I think the app uses Flask, which I think uses Jinja, but I’m not sure. I’m not a programmer by trade or even hobby, but past careers and education took me close enough...