Search results

1. Jwil2020

Safe to Update?

I haven't updated my VASSAL engine in a while. Just downloaded 3.7.5 to keep me on par with my regular playing opponent. But I'm getting all kinds of warning messages from Windows Defender about opening it. Safe to ignore? Also, I see there are three versions of 3.7.5 in the VASSAL Archive...
  2. Jwil2020

A23.6 Thrown DC

Thrown DC affects both the target and the thrower's location. Is the +3DRM to the attack resolution on the thrower cumulative with any terrain DRM of its location?
  3. Jwil2020

Download Overlays

Does one still need to go to the old VASL Website to download overlays, or are they not available right in VASL like all the boards are now? TIA Edit: I stumbled onto the overlay tab and I think I got it figured out. I CAN be taught! :)
  4. Jwil2020

D5.33 CE Movement

I've read and re-read D5.33 many times, and I am still not clear on the sequence between declaring movement and changing CE/BU status. As per D5.33, a vehicle can go CE/BU during its MPh (among other opportunities). My question is, during the MPh, must the vehicle have spent at a MP before...
  5. Jwil2020

Banzai Markers

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but where in all the buttons and drop-down menus are the Banzai markers hidden? I can find those for Human Wave, but not BZ. I know they exist because an opponent of mine used them in a PTO scenario not too long ago. TIA
  6. Jwil2020

VASL Maps for Watchtower or Hell's Corner

Do they exist?
  7. Jwil2020

LOS Verbose Feature

I've noticed that from time to time when I upload a game file for offline play, the LOS Verbose feature does not display hindrance/blockage info (although it will give range). I've double checked to make sure LOS Verbose is enabled in preferences. Any ideas why I am not getting that LOS info?
  8. Jwil2020

Loading Saved Game Issue

Began exploring VASL. recently. For some unknown reason, my opponent and I found that I could not join the room and game he set up, but If I set up the room and loaded the same saved game file- he could join my room. This only started happening in the last few logins. Any ideas on why he can...
  9. Jwil2020

Rout Path

I'm looking through Bill Kohler's "Rout Path Flow Chart." rout-flowchart.pdf (asl-players.net) On page three under "Path" he has this note: "The routing unit must move toward its destination Location. At no point may the routing unit increase the number of hexes between itself and its...
  10. Jwil2020

SSR for S18 Baking Bread

Just finished playing Baking Bread (using SK2). One of the SSRs turns all woods and orchards into rubble, making them +3TEM; 3MF to enter; and blocking LOS as if an inherent building. Since the SKRB does not include rubble, my opponent and I made a judgment call that the rubble could be used as...
  11. Jwil2020

BFP: Objective Schmidt

Anyone here own this? Any comments regarding scenario size, play balance, re-play value, etc. I take it the 580 counters are ASL Comp MMCs/SMCs, etc.? Thanks.
  12. Jwil2020

Impressions of LCP's "Purple Heart Draw" and "Drive for St. Lo"

VolgaG68 recommended I check out these two CGs from LCP. I am curious to what others who own either or both might think of the play. I am mainly interested in the Tactical Mission (CG) of each. Any insights appreciated. Thanks.
  13. Jwil2020

"29 Let's Go" Action Pack

Does anyone know if the included maps (71-72) and overlays are sufficient to play all ten scenarios? If not, what other maps are needed? Thanks. EDIT: found the answer in case anyone else is interested: Boards needed: 16, 40, 44, 46, 50, 54, 55, 57, 59, 61, 53, 66, (71, 72)*, 1b, 3b Overlays...
  14. Jwil2020

VASL Scenario Loading

Hello. New to VASL. I've downloaded the VASSAL engine. I downloaded the VASL module. I'd like to play an offline scenario from SK#2. I got the proper map, but how to I open the scenario I want? I know it is out there because I found a list of scenarios someplace (on the VASL page I think) but...
  15. Jwil2020

Help Downloading VASL

I tried to download VASL today. I get the scary message that my AV has blocked the download because it might damage my computer (New Dell Intel i7). Is damage to my computer possible, or is my AV just being paranoid? Thanks,
  16. Jwil2020

ASLSK New Rule Wishlist

I realize that the Starter Kit concept was designed with the goal of providing new players a gateway into full ASL with much simpler rules at a lower initial cost. There is no question that endeavor was successful, and that there are new ASL players today who got into the full game via ASLSK...