Search results

1. thively

HoB Tarawa Scenario Info

I have a scenario from the old HoB Tarawa module called The Hawkins Room. I'm missing the Japanese sniper number. If anyone knows what it is please let me know. Thanks.
  2. thively

Immobilized Tank and Bounding Fire

A recent game situation had a M10 which was BU and immobilized. During the Mph of the side with the immobilized AFV, could the owning player go CE, then fire the MA as bounding fire?
  3. thively

Race to the Meuse - Motorcycles & barbed wire fence Questions

George, Setting up RM 1, playing the Germans, and I am wondering if the KGP barbed wire fence rules apply to the cycles in RM? I didn't see anything in the RttM B6.5 rule that would keep a motorcycle from crossing a barbed wire fence, other than taking a bog check, is that correct? Todd
  4. thively

Question on Roadblock placement

B29.1 and .2 Must roadblocks be between either woods and/or buildings? Or, can they be placed across any road regardless of terrain? The example in the section and the reference in .2 refer to woods/buildings.
  5. thively

LOS through a Building Question

I'm playing a scenario and a disagreement about LOS through a multihex level 1.5 building has come up. (Screenshot of situation is attached.) German units are firing from level 2 (red arrow pointing up on board b) and the target hex, with Russian units, are on level one of a multihex level 1.5...
  6. thively

Vehicular FT in hex usage

Can a vehicular FT fire within its hex, other than while conducting an overrun?
  7. thively

DASL Overlays

I've got the overlay extension, tried it and the DASL overlays are too small. Is there a way to resize the overlays?
  8. thively

B27.6 Moving from Foxhole to Trench uphill

My opponent is saying that moving a crew from in a foxhole to an uphill brush location which has a trench can be done for 3 mf. One to leave foxhole, two to move through trench uphill. He is citing B27.6 to allow this. I see no reference to foxholes in this rule, only to connecting trenches...
  9. thively

New ASL Deluxe module PBEM Opponents wanted

I just got my new Deluxe module yesterday, and it looks great. I'd like to get a few of these scenarios played. Open to any of the 38 scenarios included. I am usually pretty quick on replying and will not disappear. Email me at panther421 [at] gmail.com to suggest a scenario to try.
  10. thively

(Closed) Looking for PBEM SK#4 opponent

I'd like to play one or more of the SK#4 scenarios by PBEM. I usually reply with at least one file a day.
  11. thively

Question on Deluxe Pack scenario FT 203 Harakiri Gulch

I'm just starting a vasl game of this scenario and found the errata on the US setup, but am also wondering about the board d6 stream, where the captured US tank is located. Nothing in the SSR's indicates that the stream is dry, but from the historical description, which describes the stream as...
  12. thively

A11.41 CC Ambush withdrawal into HIP unit location

If an unconcealed German squad ambushes a US squad and withdraws before CC, and withdraws into what looked like an empty location only to find out that a US HIP squad was present. Does the German squad die from rule A11.21, or is A11.21 a continuation of the previous section A11.2 which is...
  13. thively

Adapting Ch G to SK

Ideas on adapting Ch G to SK I have a friend who only wants to play ASL for PTO. He now would rather use SK rules, but still would like to play PTO scenarios. Would welcome comments on other ideas on how to make the SK rules work in PTO. Here is what I came up with: My suggestions on...
  14. thively

ATR's and Point Blank Modifier C6.3 and C13.1

Situation: German squad with ATR ADJACENT to French tank, wants to fire the ATR as ordnance and believes ATR should get Case L PBF TH modifier based on the exception in the rule (C6.3 Ordnance [EXC: non-ATR LATW using its own TH table; 13.] firing at a range of one or two hexes is considered to...
  15. thively

CH Stonne Map - Counters won't center

I'm about to try the CG for Stonne, and as I started to put counters on the map, I noticed the counters would not center in the hexes. Some hexes were closer than others, but most had the counters snapping pretty far from center, up to and sometimes over the hexside. Depending on which side of...
  16. thively

VBM and Street Fighting and PAATC?

Gents, I'm currently playing a scenario where this situation came up: A stunned tank with no usable mgs is in bypass of a building, the building has a pinned Polish squad, and we are in the CCPh. The squad will attack the tank, gets the -1 for the tank having no usable mg. I contend that...