Search results

1. Ryan

BFP-36 Wannan Incident

link works great. Good insight in to this scenario and a good AAR!
  2. Ryan

CH Annual #4

did not see any mention of it in this weekend's CH mailer.
  3. Ryan

BFP-36 Wannan Incident

Had a great time playing this scenario yesterday. My opponent as the CCP took the win by judicious delaying action balanced by selected CC counterattacks. I thought I was pretty aggressive with my attacking troops but in retrospect I probably needed to be more bold early on to meet the tight...
  4. Ryan

BFP-36 Wannan Incident

Getting read to play this all infantry Chinese (KMT) vs CCP scenario from Blood&Jungle. ROAR has it 10 CCP wins vs a single Chinese victory. What gives? Anyone that has played this one care to offer some insights? It is fought over two of the most dense terrain boards, 36 and 47, so it looks...
  5. Ryan

Just Making Sure ...

I know all the active ASL players in the Tidewater area of Virginia (Norfolk, Virginia Beach, etc.). Recently discovered a local gamer about 5 miles from my house who has been playing solitaire for 20 years after his regular opponent moved away and he never connected with a larger group! If...
  6. Ryan

Winter Offensive

No problem Perry - thanks for hosting and running such a quality convention. Pretty incredible having Bill C. win three in a row - ASLOK, Albany and now WO overcoming some serious, stiff competition at each event.
  7. Ryan

Winter Offensive

From MMP's Facebook Page a few minutes ago: Winter Offensive 2018 150 Offenders ASL Champ Bill Cirillo 6-0 2nd Place Nathan Stapf 5-1 3rd Place Jim Mehl 4.5-0 Mini Tournament Winners: Damon Norton Scott Blanton J.R. Tracy Maurizio Grassi GCACW tournament results elsewhere. ;) Bill beat...
  8. Ryan

Differences between ATS and ASLComp Maps

Are the ATS and ASLComp maps for the various equivalent modules the same but just different rules and counters? I am looking to get the Omaha East and West Monster map sets and the ATS version is significantly cheaper to purchase. Can I get the ATS version for my ASLComp play? I have the...
  9. Ryan

CH DISCOUNT CODE

How much discount does the code provide on an order from CH?
  10. Ryan

CH DISCOUNT CODE

Tried to order and this showed as out of date. Is there a later code?
  11. Ryan

Flames in Hatten at Winter Offensive

Will the Hatten HASL have the same large hex sized map (please say yes!)?
  12. Ryan

Wanted Help finding PanzerBlitz counters

An excellent time! http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?126856-Multiplayer-Panzerblitz
  13. Ryan

Multiplayer Panzerblitz

Yesterday six showed for play of Panzerblitz. We played a 1974 Jagdpanther magazine provided uber scenario on Kursk with a special large map and tons of troops. It took five Panzerblitz sets to get all the counters needed. Lots of carnage and wrecks as Panthers and Mk IVs traded blows with...
  14. Ryan

Multiplayer Panzerblitz

I have six showing in June for play of Panzerblitz. Any thoughts or ideas on what we should play? I have one grognard who is modifying an old Kursk variant on a special map though I am not sure I can support the counter mix requirements. Another thought I had was to play three related...
  15. Ryan

Excellent news on how the counters worked out. I may have to resort to this for a planned nostalgia June Panzerblitz event - I am having seven (!) over to play a team fotmatted event, probably focused on Kursk.
  16. Ryan

Did you ever make the missing truck counters and how did they turn out?
  17. Ryan

Panzerblitzin' again

Is there any active PBEM or VASSL play of this game? For PB it should work just fine but how do you handle the opportunity fire from Panzer Leader? It seems to me that you would have to tweak that rule just a bit. I have been able to get local opponents to play this game face to face so I...