Search results

1. Pte Parts

Advancing into fortified buildings at night

I recently played a few early war night scenarios. In A120 uncommon Valour, the Russians have a few fortified buildings. Rather than lose my cloaking, I waited and advanced in only to be repulsed by the unit in a fortified location. E1.31 An Infantry unit loses Cloaking/"?" at night if it uses...
  2. Pte Parts

Trying to move tanks on board 47

I think I read somewhere that if you bypass an obstacle in a crestline hex you are assumed to be at the higher elevation - is this correct? If not bypassing and attempting to drive up a hill into woods do I have 2 options: a minimum move (all MP + 4 for going uphill) or half MP + 4 (with +3 bog...
  3. Pte Parts

KV2 turret

Chapter H says that the KV2 turret was so slow that the tank is treated as NT. Does the turret also suffer from RST restrictions? That is, must it be BU to fire like most other Russian tanks of the time?
  4. Pte Parts

CC reaction fire during delay MP

In my last scenario, a squad assaulted a Russian tank but failed to destroy it in CC. The tank attempted to drive away in its MPh, but stalled and suffered 6 delay MP. Can the squad (which had already passed a PAATC when it moved in) attack the AFV with CC reaction fire during the delay MP? I...
  5. Pte Parts

Do air bursts occur in any terrain other than woods?

In my current scenario I have a light mortar firing on units in olive groves. The rules do not mention air bursts for these terrain types so I am assuming they do not give a -1 here. The tress must be spaced far enough apart for the rounds to hit the ground before exploding.
  6. Pte Parts

Heavy AA vs Gliders

In T15 The Akrotiri Peninsula, Brits are given a 3" AA. Can heavy AA fire at Gliders in the air? The rules only talk about light AA against gliders.
  7. Pte Parts

Sniper vs British Portee

While playing J91 "The sooner the better", the German Sniper shot a Portee with a 1 dr. What effect does this have? Is the truck immobilised, the gun crew broken, or something else (I broke the crew)? In my playing it did not matter much as the Portee was a burning wreck soon after.
  8. Pte Parts

Do cavalry drown?

Played scenario 111 Balkan Sideshow recently where cavalry swim across a river. Dice were against the Hungarians in this one and 3 of my 8 cavalrymen rolled boxcars while crossing the river and drowned. Did I play this right? The rules say that apart from the improved portage capacity of...
  9. Pte Parts

Lone ASL player

I am a long time ASL player starting with the original squad leader around 40 years ago. However, living in rural New South Wales Australia it is hard to find other players (I don't have a home computer so cannot play VASL). I have been playing through my scenarios in chronological order and...