Search results

1. Pte Parts

Advancing into fortified buildings at night

I recently played a few early war night scenarios. In A120 uncommon Valour, the Russians have a few fortified buildings. Rather than lose my cloaking, I waited and advanced in only to be repulsed by the unit in a fortified location. E1.31 An Infantry unit loses Cloaking/"?" at night if it uses...
  2. Pte Parts

Cave LOS

Don't forget to put caves in wadis as these are the main avenues up the hill for the attacking Eritreans.
  3. Pte Parts

Cactus Patch/Orchard and Cactus Hedge

Cactus patches, like orchards, require riders to bail out but can an AFV safely transport passengers over a cactus hedge? This could definitely speed up my infantry advance in J50 The Cactus Farm.
  4. Pte Parts

I think we are seeing the last of the Olympic games

Many suspect that dominant countries' athletes use drugs or other performance enhancers that just are not yet detectable, so why not restore interest in the Olympics by having a competition where all performance enhancers are allowed. Cybernetics anyone? Sure the athletes may die 2 weeks after...
  5. Pte Parts

Looking for an official ruling on Street Fighting

Could a unit in R4 street fight an AFV in Q4? Could it still fight it if the AFV entered from P3 and stopped in Q4 therefore not crossing the line between the unit in R4 and the building across the street in Q3? Could a unit in P2 attack an AFV in P3 if P4 was huts (PTO)?
  6. Pte Parts

Benalla? Not too far from Tumut. My old QM called RACT "rats and cane toads"

Benalla? Not too far from Tumut. My old QM called RACT "rats and cane toads"
  7. Pte Parts

G27 VAAGSO VENTURE

Terrain question: Assuming the walls and hedges exist, what are the LOS rules for a wall on a deir lip (moderate beach-hinterland)? Is it similar to a unit in entrenchments behind a wall?
  8. Pte Parts

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

All my scenarios this year have been from 1941: G24 Mountain comes to Mohammed 220 They fired on Odessa J102 The Yelnya bridge A107 The red Wave J103 Lenin's sons (my favourite so far this year) J104 Flanking Flamethrowers J105 Borodino Train Station (least favourite) J115 Last Push to Mozhaisk...
  9. Pte Parts

Trying to move tanks on board 47

If it is half the MP allotment to enter the hex, then a vehicle with 14 MP would enter at 7 MP, irrelevant of elevation change?
  10. Pte Parts

Thanks for the reference I knew I read it somewhere. I still believe entering woods at half MP moving uphill is an option unless you have fewer than 10 MP. B13.42 says a fully tracked vehicle may spend half its total MP to enter woods. Moving uphill is 4 + COT (which would be half MP) so for a...
  11. Pte Parts

I was playing J102 The Yelnya bridge which uses board 47 and failing dismally with the German advance.
  12. Pte Parts

I think I read somewhere that if you bypass an obstacle in a crestline hex you are assumed to be at the higher elevation - is this correct? If not bypassing and attempting to drive up a hill into woods do I have 2 options: a minimum move (all MP + 4 for going uphill) or half MP + 4 (with +3 bog...
  13. Pte Parts

KV2 turret

Chapter H says that the KV2 turret was so slow that the tank is treated as NT. Does the turret also suffer from RST restrictions? That is, must it be BU to fire like most other Russian tanks of the time?
  14. Pte Parts

CC reaction fire during delay MP

So that means the start MP would break melee and the squad would need a new PAATC to attack but then it could attack with CC once per delay MP a stopped AFV (with each attack after the first incurring a +1 DRM as it would then be marked with a First/final fire counter D7.213)
  15. Pte Parts

CC reaction fire during delay MP

In my last scenario, a squad assaulted a Russian tank but failed to destroy it in CC. The tank attempted to drive away in its MPh, but stalled and suffered 6 delay MP. Can the squad (which had already passed a PAATC when it moved in) attack the AFV with CC reaction fire during the delay MP? I...
  16. Pte Parts

Do air bursts occur in any terrain other than woods?

In my current scenario I have a light mortar firing on units in olive groves. The rules do not mention air bursts for these terrain types so I am assuming they do not give a -1 here. The tress must be spaced far enough apart for the rounds to hit the ground before exploding.
  17. Pte Parts

Heavy AA vs Gliders

That's what I thought. So I waited for the glider to land, dropped out of AA mode and shot at him on the ground 4 hexes away (and missed).
  18. Pte Parts

Heavy AA vs Gliders

In T15 The Akrotiri Peninsula, Brits are given a 3" AA. Can heavy AA fire at Gliders in the air? The rules only talk about light AA against gliders.
  19. Pte Parts

Do cavalry drown?

Unfortunately it was the riders I needed across the river. Once they drowned I don't know where the horses went. The ones that did make it across the river dismounted as soon as they were on dry land anyway.
  20. Pte Parts

Sniper vs British Portee

If the portee is the only target in the hex, are breaking the crew or immobilising the truck the only two options for random selection?