Search results

1. W

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Finished sleeving everything in the collection and now I'm re-organizing the binders to accept what I have and plan it smarter for growth. (I'm clearly an optimist...)
  2. W

LFT16

I just opened and went through my LFT scenarios and it looks like I got scenario sheet LFT327/328 packed twice. I think I'm missing the LFT325/326 since it looks like From the Cellar #12 ended with scenario LFT324. Did anyone else have this issue, or was this just my copy perhaps (hoping that's...
  3. W

"Site Not Secure"

Quick update - Randy responded and we'll be touching base in late April / early May to plan the logistics and knock this out. Thanks again for the contact information.
  4. W

"Site Not Secure"

Thank you. I reached out directly to Randy to offer my services for free. - Keith
  5. W

"Site Not Secure"

If one of the site owners sees this and is interested...I'm available to do this for free with a free SSL solution. Message me directly and I'll be happy to help.
  6. W

ASL in the Raleigh, NC area.

there used to be quite a large group at The Gamers Armory in Cary. Not sure how the pandemic has affected the ASL night. May be worth calling the store. I would be up for a game though. Message me and we can line something up.
  7. W

Fun fact...I learned I'll never be happy with the storage. I was messing around with trying to set up a scenario and picking out AFV names off scenario sheets isn't as easy as it once was and since the Hozan storage method I copied from a file in the Texas-ASL site is like complete nonsense in...
  8. W

Moving Labels?

You are awesome. I had no idea about the whole shift+left click business.
  9. W

Moving Labels?

I've tried out the asl-players.net info generator (very slick), but once it's placed and moved the first time, it's like LOCKED in place. Is there any way to re-select a label and move it in VASSAL or do you just need to be incredibly careful with placement to ensure you don't screw it up since...
  10. W

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

The Surface 7 has options with i7 processors and 16GB of RAM. They seem pretty capable, but you're paying a massive premium for that tablet form factor and power.
  11. W

FINALLY caught up on getting the backlog of ASL product cataloged, sleeved, and into my collection. Also managed to finally get the Brits into their Hozan.
  12. W

"Site Not Secure"

SSL certs don't cost a penny and can be automated. https://certbot.eff.org/
  13. W

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

I used Documents by Readle on my iPad. It syncs entire folders, so when you highlight and markup on one device, it'll be there on the others which is nice.
  14. W

Higher-Rez Counter Artwork?

You're right.
  15. W

I'll keep my mouth shut in the future since it's clearly not welcome around these parts. Great community ya got here!
  16. W

I hate to even bring it up because I cannot even begin to imagine the sheer number of hours that would be required...but has there been any discussion of moving from 48x48 counters and 60x60 counters to something more like 128x128 counters and 192x192 counter artwork to get a little higher...
  17. W

"Current" Chapter N Armory Files Anywhere?

You are awesome. Thanks for the quick response!
  18. W

"Current" Chapter N Armory Files Anywhere?

Is there a resource that has a list of all the units by nationality through the release of The Forgotten War preferably which has all the HASLs as well? I'm working on re-organizing the mess I made last year with a switch to Hozan trays and am just interested in starting from scratch and doing...
  19. W

"Site Not Secure"

https://letsencrypt.org/ i use it on all the sites I’ve run or manage both personally and commercially. what makes it great is a little tool called certbot that does the heavy lifting For registration and renewal.
  20. W

"Site Not Secure"

There are free ssl providers out there. SSL everywhere is one, but the leases can expire and need to be renewed. It’s pretty simple so there’s really no excuse not to have one at this point.