Search results

1. Dualnet

AERIAL Observation Plane Sighting TC

Hi All I've tried to understand the DRM for the Sighting Task Check when using an Observation Plane, but unlike the Off Board Artillery it doesent make clear whether an unconcealed unit in an adjacent hex to the target hex is taken into account. The situation is that of an OBA fire mission...
  2. Dualnet

Red Factories

Hi All I'm playing Red Factories and I have a question about off board reserve groups. It says that the Russian re-enforcements can enter on the east edge does this mean that they don’t have to all enter through the same hex? Any help would be appreciated, I can’t seem to find a ruling.
  3. Dualnet

Finding Leaders in RF

Hi All When playing RF with lots of counters and big maps I'd like to know is there a way to highlight leader counters as there is with broken weapons and sniper counters, within VASAL
  4. Dualnet

SET DC - Retained

Hi All We are playing RB and I have a question concerning set DC's If a set DC is retained, does it also retain it Fortification cost. I assume if its not moved it does but what if its moved to a new location. Any help/clarifications would be much appreciated
  5. Dualnet

Berserk vs Cellar

Can a Berserk unit enter the ground floor of a building if the closest enemy unit is in the cellar or must it remain outside in an adjacent hex, as it can't enter a fortified building cellar
  6. Dualnet

Hidden AT Mines in Road hexes

Hi All We are playing Red Factories and I need clarification on placing Hidden AT-Mines. The 3 sections following seem to contradict each other - any help would be appreciated. I believe i can set up hidden AT-mines in a road hex as long as that hex includes; Shell Holes or Debris. The bold...
  7. Dualnet

Wire and Non-Interior Building Hex

Thanks for the replies, apreciated. I was pretty sure I understood that it wasnt possible as far as the ASL rule, just not understanding the logic of allowing mines outside buildings, in the building hex, but not allowing the same for wire.
  8. Dualnet

Wire and Non-Interior Building Hex

Quick clarification, As you can have a minefield in a non-interior building hex can you also have wire. I dont think so but I thought I'd check
  9. Dualnet

Leader HIP Loss

Thanks all for the answers, clears up my confusion
  10. Dualnet

Leader HIP Loss

Any leadership modifier is applied to the To Hit Dice roll for example to a 76L Gun or 88 on the concealment loss gain table it uses HIP and concelament loss criteria as the same.Can you ditect me to the rule that says HIP is lost and replaced by concealment when a gun fires.
  11. Dualnet

Leader HIP Loss

My understanding is that if a gun fires from concealment terrain it only loses its HIP status if the coloured dice is 5 or more. My problem is with what happens to a leader who applies his modifier to the gun's ToHit, the rules imply that he loses his HIP but that doesnt seem to make sense.
  12. Dualnet

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Hi Doug I was interested in the fix for the roofless factories overlay, I've downloaded and installed VASL 6.6.2. I 'll just have to wait for the overlay fix. Regards
  13. Dualnet

VASL6.6.2-beta3 released

Trying to download but it says the file has been deleted any idea what I do now
  14. Dualnet

Recovered DC

Hi All If I recover an abandoned DC in my movement phase can I throw it in the same movement phase and if not when is the earliest phase I can use it? Regards
  15. Dualnet

Trenches connected to Fortified building

Thanks Randy; that makes sense. Typical of the wording of a rule in ASL, to make it more complicated than is necessary, they could have made it clear in RF6 without referencing B30.8.
  16. Dualnet

I understood that an assault move whould retain concealment, but normal movement from trench to trench hex is not a concealment loss and the rules say that the trench is connected to cellar, building and fortified buildeing hexes allowing free movement between trench and building. I wondered if...
  17. Dualnet

Hi All In 27.54 it states that moving from trench hex to adjacent trench is not a loss of concealment and neither FFMO nor FFNAM applies. In RB RF6 it allows moving from trench to building, cellar or fortified building hex without restrictions and is not subject to snap shot. My question...
  18. Dualnet

Fortified building in a factory

Hi Bryan Great photo I agree entirely that you can't fix a wall breach, as shown on the photo, but fortifying a hex is completed overnight and this sets up the rule denying entry even on an open sided hex within a factory. Seems logical to include all hexsides. I understand I'm probable on...
  19. Dualnet

Hi Bryan I did see the post your talking about but I miust admit I dont see the logic. We are playing RB over 13 days. I completely agree that a breached wall is permenatly breached allowing units to fire and move through it etc. What I don't understand is how the section: (23.922 ENTRY...
  20. Dualnet

I agree that the wall is breached permanently Also if the fortification is breached that hex side is permanently breached also. My problem is that what happens if you fortify a hex with a breached wall. I would suggest that the breach in the wall remains and allows you to fire and see through...