Search results

1. T34

Worst Tank of WWII

Having watched all the videos from the Bovington Tank Museum on bad tanks, I'm trying to nail down what is the single worst tank of WWII. Let's keep in mind that all tanks are a compromise between 1) Firepower, 2) Mobility and 3) Protection. We can throw in some other features like a) crew...
  2. T34

USS Doris Miller

Congratulations to a true American hero... https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917816651/a-military-first-a-supercarrier-is-named-after-an-african-american-sailor
  3. T34

Beer and WWII

Did you know that Americans started canning beer in order to supply GI's during WWII who couldn't stomach British ale? While I think that most ASL players shun 3.2% canned lager (albeit enjoying somewhat more comfortable surroundings), the military shipped canned beer across the Atlantic...
  4. T34

The 800

Finally under release, the Chinese movie The 800 now has a trailer on youtube. You might recognize the title.
  5. T34

GHQ Miniatures Sale w/ coupon code

I am not affiliated with GHQ and supply this merely as a service/information to ASL players: Apply the following discount code when you check out or when you place an order by phone or mail: FREEDOM This offer ends Monday, October 5th, 2020 Spare parts are excluded from...
  6. T34

Panzerfaust cheat card

7. T34

Tank Drive New England

American Heritage Museum offers the chance to drive a Sherman or a Chafee. (I'm not going because I know which one I'd get...) https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/06/american-heritage-museum-is-offering-wwii-tank-driving-experience-through-october.html
  8. T34

BPV analysis...

I have been really down lately and taking a break from playing ASL. However, I have compiled a data file which some may find interesting. I tried to develop variables about all aspects of ASL counters and then ran a factor analysis to determine the components of their value. For those not...
  9. T34

Operation Countenance Scenarios

Two years ago I did a set of three scenarios for a mini tournament at Double One at Writtle College in Essex, about an hour north of London. All of these centered around Operation Countenance--the Soviet-British invasion of Iran in 1941. The purpose of Operation Countenance was ostensibly to...
  10. T34

Can you assault move into shellholes and not lose concealment?

An opponent uses assault moves into shellholes in LOS of one of my units. Does he lose concealment? According to my Chapter A divider: B If it/its PRC/its manning Infantry: moves/advances/withdraws into an Open Ground hex (A10.531), is in Motion, expends any vehicular MP/MF, fires or directs...
  11. T34

Tank Hunter Hero card

I made up this tank hunter hero card mostly because I suck at PTO. It fits on a 4x6 index card.
  12. T34

BT Tanks

In the early 1930's, the US was in the throes of the Great Depression. Military spending was a bare minimum. Many in Congress and a majority in the US State Department felt that the arms trade had dragged the US into the Great War. They were determined to prevent this from happening again...
  13. T34

Eastern Front CG

Looking for an opponent for RB, VOTG, RF, LCP OB, LFT KGS, BFP OtOv2. Don't mind teaching noobs. No SS fan boys, please.